|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Travels of Marco Polo" was first introduced to the reading public in the thirteenth century as what?
(a) "A Description of the Empires."
(b) "A Description of the Kingdoms."
(c) "A Description of the World."
(d) "A Description of the Provinces."
2. What were the names of the three magi?
(a) Baldasar, Gaspar, Belchior.
(b) Demogar, Haldasar, Gaspar.
(c) Balksar, Palasta, Gaspar.
(d) Belchior, Dyava, Haldasar.
3. Barka Khan was the lord of ______________.
4. What is stated in the Prologue as one of the reasons someone would read this book?
(a) Those desirous of knowing the diversities of Asia.
(b) Those desirous of knowing the mysterious secrets of the world.
(c) Those desirous of knowing the truth about The Great Khan.
(d) Those desirous of knowing the diversities of the races of mankind.
5. Why did the Great Khan send the Polos and a baron to the Pope requesting a hundred men?
(a) To decorate a room for him to worship in and to get oil from a lamp at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
(b) To show his people how to become Catholic and to obtain holy water at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
(c) To teach Christianity and get oil from a lamp at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
(d) To Teach Christianity and to get holy water at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What allowed the inhabitants of Baldach or Bagadet to transport their goods to and from the sea of India?
2. Which characteristic does not fit Marco Polo's description of Turkomans?
3. In 1292, Marco Polo safely delivered a bride for _____.
4. "Idolaters" include________.
5. What was manufactured in Arzingan?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)