|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marco Polo was curious and adept in seeing and describing the natural history of __________________.
(a) Birds, plants, beasts and herbs.
(b) Birds, beasts, people and spices.
(c) Birds, plants, people and herbs.
(d) Birds, plants, beasts and spices.
2. The Great Khan issued ___________ to assure lodging and needs when the Polos went to the Pope.
(b) A tablet of gold.
(c) Precious gems.
(d) A sack full of spices.
3. What were the names of the three magi?
(a) Belchior, Dyava, Haldasar.
(b) Demogar, Haldasar, Gaspar.
(c) Baldasar, Gaspar, Belchior.
(d) Balksar, Palasta, Gaspar.
4. The ________ stone was only available as a gift from the king, according to Chapter 26.
(a) Balshan tanzinite.
(c) Balass ruby.
5. Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo started a venture sailing to Sudak to __________.
(a) Sell jewels.
(b) Sell silk.
(c) Sell minerals.
(d) Sell spices.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the introduction, what made "The Travels of Marco Polo" a best seller?
2. ______________ was an unknown term in medieval language.
3. The Polos were not able to return to Constantinople for fear of what?
4. From the East in 1206, whom did the Mongol tribes elect to rule northern China?
5. What three regions were assigned to lesser family khans to rule over?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)