|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Middle East.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ was an unknown term in medieval language.
2. What could be found in Kierman?
(d) Fountains of oil.
3. What were the names of the three magi?
(a) Demogar, Haldasar, Gaspar.
(b) Balksar, Palasta, Gaspar.
(c) Belchior, Dyava, Haldasar.
(d) Baldasar, Gaspar, Belchior.
4. Marco Polo was an emissary of whom?
(a) Chief Alau.
(b) Kubilai Kahn.
(c) King Arghun.
5. Trade-routes were costly to follow, so high value commodities like ________________ were needed to make a profit on the way.
(a) Precious gems, fabrics, spices and gold.
(b) Precious gems, furs, spices and gold.
(c) Precious gems, minerals, furs and gold.
(d) Precious gems, silk, spices, and gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being addressed in the Prologue?
2. What year did Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo sail to Sudak?
3. Marco Polo was curious and adept in seeing and describing the natural history of __________________.
4. In Zorzania, the king was usually called _______ .
5. According to Marco Polo, in the central part of Armenia lies an exceedingly large and high mountain. What can be found on this mountain?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)