|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marco Polo was curious and adept in seeing and describing the natural history of __________________.
(a) Birds, plants, beasts and herbs.
(b) Birds, plants, people and herbs.
(c) Birds, plants, beasts and spices.
(d) Birds, beasts, people and spices.
2. "The Travels of Marco Polo" was penned in ________ by the writer Marco Polo commissioned.
3. In 1292, Marco Polo safely delivered a bride for _____.
(d) Theophylactus Simocatta.
4. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
(a) Food, water and transport.
(b) Shelter, routes and people.
(c) Water, shelter and food.
(d) People, places and food.
5. An envoy of Hulaga invited the Polos to join his trip to the Great Khan of the Tartars, __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______________ was chosen to replace Queen Bulagan after her death.
2. In ____, a battle began with the sultan of Egypt.
3. "Idolaters" include________.
4. Marco Polo's descriptions of human history are ______________.
5. According to Marco Polo, in ancient times, kings of Zorzania were born with the mark of _____________ on the ___________ shoulder.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)