|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ______________ was an unknown term in medieval language.
2. Barka Khan was the lord of ______________.
3. In ____, a battle began with the sultan of Egypt.
4. Marco Polo was an emissary of whom?
(a) King Arghun.
(b) Chief Alau.
(c) Kubilai Kahn.
5. What year did Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo sail to Sudak?
Short Answer Questions
1. _______________ was chosen to replace Queen Bulagan after her death.
2. Marco Polo was curious and adept in seeing and describing the natural history of __________________.
3. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
4. Marco Polo's father and uncle were _________________.
5. According to the introduction, what made "The Travels of Marco Polo" a best seller?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)