|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
(a) Water, shelter and food.
(b) Shelter, routes and people.
(c) People, places and food.
(d) Food, water and transport.
2. Experiences between leaving in 1271 and returning in 1292 are described by Marco Polo through his chroniclers_________ and __________.
(a) Ramusio and Kustichello.
(b) Ramusio and Rustigielo.
(c) Latham and Ramusio.
(d) Rustichello and Saint Barsamo.
3. The narrator who translated the stories in "The Travels of Marco Polo" was from where?
4. What year did Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo sail to Sudak?
5. What three regions were assigned to lesser family khans to rule over?
(a) European Russia, Levant from eastern Persia to the Mediterranean and Central Asia's Turkestan.
(b) Northern Russia, Levant from eastern Persia to the Mediterranean and Eastern Asia's Turkestan.
(c) Western Russia, Levant from eastern Persia to the Mediterranean and Central Asia's Turkestan.
(d) European Russia, Levant from southern Persia to the Mediterranean and Central Asia's Turkestan.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Great Khan issued ___________ to assure lodging and needs when the Polos went to the Pope.
2. According to Marco Polo, in ancient times, kings of Zorzania were born with the mark of _____________ on the ___________ shoulder.
3. From the East in 1206, whom did the Mongol tribes elect to rule northern China?
4. _______________ was chosen to replace Queen Bulagan after her death.
5. Why did the Great Khan send the Polos and a baron to the Pope requesting a hundred men?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)