|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arghun was the king of _____________.
(d) European Russia.
2. Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo started a venture sailing to Sudak to __________.
(a) Sell minerals.
(b) Sell spices.
(c) Sell jewels.
(d) Sell silk.
3. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
(a) People, places and food.
(b) Shelter, routes and people.
(c) Food, water and transport.
(d) Water, shelter and food.
4. Marco Polo stayed at the Great Khan's court for _____ years to do many missions.
5. According to the introduction, what made "The Travels of Marco Polo" a best seller?
(a) The ease in obtaining a copy of the book.
(b) The mystery of Kubilai Khan's thirteenth century empire.
(c) The wild and exciting tales.
(d) Rustichello's writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Great Khan send the Polos and a baron to the Pope requesting a hundred men?
2. Marco Polo was an emissary of whom?
3. What three regions were assigned to lesser family khans to rule over?
4. What year did Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo sail to Sudak?
5. The Great Khan issued ___________ to assure lodging and needs when the Polos went to the Pope.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)