|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Cathay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Great Khan send the Polos and a baron to the Pope requesting a hundred men?
(a) To Teach Christianity and to get holy water at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
(b) To teach Christianity and get oil from a lamp at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
(c) To show his people how to become Catholic and to obtain holy water at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
(d) To decorate a room for him to worship in and to get oil from a lamp at the sepulcher in Jerusalem.
2. _________ were not inhabitants of Tauris.
3. Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo started a venture sailing to Sudak to __________.
(a) Sell silk.
(b) Sell jewels.
(c) Sell minerals.
(d) Sell spices.
4. How is Marco Polo described in the Prologue?
(a) As a learned and honest citizen of Genoa.
(b) As a wise and learned citizen of Venice.
(c) As an honest and trustworthy citizen of Venice.
(d) As a loyal follower of God.
5. What is stated in the Prologue as one of the reasons someone would read this book?
(a) Those desirous of knowing the truth about The Great Khan.
(b) Those desirous of knowing the mysterious secrets of the world.
(c) Those desirous of knowing the diversities of the races of mankind.
(d) Those desirous of knowing the diversities of Asia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What allowed the inhabitants of Baldach or Bagadet to transport their goods to and from the sea of India?
2. How far was Kotan from Karkan?
3. In 1292, Marco Polo safely delivered a bride for _____.
4. The city of Arzingan was located in ___.
5. What direction was Peyn from Kotan?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)