|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Cathay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marco Polo stayed at the Great Khan's court for _____ years to do many missions.
2. According to the introduction, what made "The Travels of Marco Polo" a best seller?
(a) Rustichello's writing.
(b) The wild and exciting tales.
(c) The ease in obtaining a copy of the book.
(d) The mystery of Kubilai Khan's thirteenth century empire.
3. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
(a) Shelter, routes and people.
(b) Water, shelter and food.
(c) Food, water and transport.
(d) People, places and food.
4. Experiences between leaving in 1271 and returning in 1292 are described by Marco Polo through his chroniclers_________ and __________.
(a) Ramusio and Rustigielo.
(b) Latham and Ramusio.
(c) Ramusio and Kustichello.
(d) Rustichello and Saint Barsamo.
5. An envoy of Hulaga invited the Polos to join his trip to the Great Khan of the Tartars, __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Polos survived ______________ for three years until Pope Clement died.
2. Chingis-khan was revered as a ______.
3. What was the doctrine of faith held by the Tartars, according to Chapter 48?
4. According to Chapter 21, what type of tree grew in the province of Timochain?
5. ______________ was an unknown term in medieval language.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)