|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Cathay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far was Kotan from Karkan?
(a) Eight days journey.
(b) Twelve days journey.
(c) Six days journey.
(d) Three days journey.
2. Where were the three magi buried?
(d) Arbor Secco.
3. Survival required a practical traveler and merchant to take advantage of ___________along the route with natural and man-made obstacles.
(a) People, places and food.
(b) Shelter, routes and people.
(c) Food, water and transport.
(d) Water, shelter and food.
4. Why did the people of Karkan suffer from swollen legs and goiters?
(a) Tainted food.
(b) Bad drinking water.
5. Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo started a venture sailing to Sudak to __________.
(a) Sell silk.
(b) Sell minerals.
(c) Sell jewels.
(d) Sell spices.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Great Khan issued ___________ to assure lodging and needs when the Polos went to the Pope.
2. Arghun was the king of _____________.
3. What was the doctrine of faith held by the Tartars, according to Chapter 48?
4. According to the Prologue, what things does Marco Polo describe in the book?
5. The Polos were not able to return to Constantinople for fear of what?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)