|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Cathay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marco Polo was an emissary of whom?
(b) King Arghun.
(c) Chief Alau.
(d) Kubilai Kahn.
2. What was manufactured in Arzingan?
(a) Fine cotton.
(b) Silver mirrors.
(c) Silk clothes.
(d) Iron masks.
3. The Polos survived ______________ for three years until Pope Clement died.
(a) Lack of money and falling snow.
(b) Lack of food and shelter.
(c) Heat and blowing winds.
(d) Snow and swollen rivers.
4. ______________ was an unknown term in medieval language.
5. _________ were not inhabitants of Tauris.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 21, what type of tree grew in the province of Timochain?
2. The Great Khan succeeded _______ to rule the eastern part of the Mongol empire.
3. Why did the people of Karkan suffer from swollen legs and goiters?
4. The Tartars had the best _________ in the world.
5. Who is being addressed in the Prologue?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)