|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Cathay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the workers at Saint Barsamo make?
(a) Woolen hats.
(b) Cotton girdles.
(c) Silk hats.
(d) Woolen girdles.
2. A thief could pay ______ the value of the property stolen in order to escape all further punishment.
(a) Twelve times.
(b) Six times.
(c) Nine times.
(d) Twenty times.
3. Marco Polo stayed at the Great Khan's court for _____ years to do many missions.
4. "The Travels of Marco Polo" was penned in ________ by the writer Marco Polo commissioned.
5. Marco Polo was curious and adept in seeing and describing the natural history of __________________.
(a) Birds, beasts, people and spices.
(b) Birds, plants, beasts and herbs.
(c) Birds, plants, beasts and spices.
(d) Birds, plants, people and herbs.
Short Answer Questions
1. People of Vokhan were of which religious persuasion?
2. Marco Polo was _________ years old when Pope Clement died.
3. What year did Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo sail to Sudak?
4. What did the infant, Christ, give the wise men as they were leaving?
5. Marco Polo's father and uncle were _________________.
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)