|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road to Cathay.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Niccolo Polo and Maffeo Polo started a venture sailing to Sudak to __________.
(a) Sell jewels.
(b) Sell spices.
(c) Sell minerals.
(d) Sell silk.
2. The Tartars had the best _________ in the world.
3. Trade-routes were costly to follow, so high value commodities like ________________ were needed to make a profit on the way.
(a) Precious gems, silk, spices, and gold.
(b) Precious gems, minerals, furs and gold.
(c) Precious gems, furs, spices and gold.
(d) Precious gems, fabrics, spices and gold.
4. How is Marco Polo described in the Prologue?
(a) As a wise and learned citizen of Venice.
(b) As an honest and trustworthy citizen of Venice.
(c) As a loyal follower of God.
(d) As a learned and honest citizen of Genoa.
5. The Polos were not able to return to Constantinople for fear of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. ______________ was an unknown term in medieval language.
2. People of Vokhan were of which religious persuasion?
3. Experiences between leaving in 1271 and returning in 1292 are described by Marco Polo through his chroniclers_________ and __________.
4. According to Marco Polo, in the central part of Armenia lies an exceedingly large and high mountain. What can be found on this mountain?
5. "The Travels of Marco Polo" was penned in ________ by the writer Marco Polo commissioned.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)