|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From Peking to Amoy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the richest province in the eastern world?
2. What direction was Peyn from Kotan?
(b) North-east and east.
3. The narrator who translated the stories in "The Travels of Marco Polo" was from where?
4. Why did the people of Karkan suffer from swollen legs and goiters?
(a) Bad drinking water.
(d) Tainted food.
5. According to Chapter 21, what type of tree grew in the province of Timochain?
(a) Tree of the people.
(b) Tree of the water.
(c) Tree of the salt.
(d) Tree of the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the name Chin-san Bay-an mean?
2. Where were the three magi buried?
3. Who was the ruler of Kierman?
4. In ____, a battle began with the sultan of Egypt.
5. The Tartars had the best _________ in the world.
This section contains 156 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)