|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From Peking to Amoy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could be found in the castle of Paipurth, which was located between Trebizond and Tauris?
(a) Gold mine.
(b) Fountain of youth.
(c) Fountain of oil.
(d) Silver mine.
2. Marco Polo stayed at the Great Khan's court for _____ years to do many missions.
3. Who was the ruler of Kierman?
(a) Reobarle Ormus.
(b) Mazier Ozier.
(c) Corobar Achomak.
(d) Rukmedin Achomak.
4. Why was the city of Tai-du built?
(a) Kanbalu was built too close to a major body of water.
(b) Astrologers said Kanbalu was destined to become rebellious.
(c) Kanbalu was attacked and burned to the ground.
(d) Kanbalu had become too run down and old.
5. A thief could pay ______ the value of the property stolen in order to escape all further punishment.
(a) Nine times.
(b) Twenty times.
(c) Twelve times.
(d) Six times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stated in the Prologue as one of the reasons someone would read this book?
2. A particular vegetable in Kon-cha was very similar in color and smell to _____.
3. The narrator who translated the stories in "The Travels of Marco Polo" was from where?
4. How many towns were under the jurisdiction of Yan-gui?
5. Chingis-khan was revered as a ______.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)