|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From Peking to Amoy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Polos survived ______________ for three years until Pope Clement died.
(a) Lack of money and falling snow.
(b) Lack of food and shelter.
(c) Snow and swollen rivers.
(d) Heat and blowing winds.
2. Who was the ruler of Kierman?
(a) Corobar Achomak.
(b) Rukmedin Achomak.
(c) Mazier Ozier.
(d) Reobarle Ormus.
3. How many sons did the grand khan have by his legitimate wives?
4. What direction was Peyn from Kotan?
(b) North-east and east.
5. Why was an umbrella carried overhead of the grand khan?
(a) It was a sign of good will.
(b) To keep the sun from burning his skin.
(c) To keep him cool in the heat.
(d) It denoted rank and authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit could weigh over two pounds troy-weight in Chan-glu?
2. The Polos were not able to return to Constantinople for fear of what?
3. Marco Polo stayed at the Great Khan's court for _____ years to do many missions.
4. A particular vegetable in Kon-cha was very similar in color and smell to _____.
5. The Tartars had the best _________ in the world.
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)