|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From Peking to Amoy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1272, who was appointed governor of Tudin-fu?
2. What is stated in the Prologue as one of the reasons someone would read this book?
(a) Those desirous of knowing the mysterious secrets of the world.
(b) Those desirous of knowing the diversities of the races of mankind.
(c) Those desirous of knowing the diversities of Asia.
(d) Those desirous of knowing the truth about The Great Khan.
3. What months did the grand khan reside in Kanbalu?
(a) September, October, November.
(b) December, January, February.
(c) October, November, December.
(d) March, April, May.
4. The ________ stone was only available as a gift from the king, according to Chapter 26.
(b) Balshan tanzinite.
(c) Balass ruby.
5. According to the Prologue, what things does Marco Polo describe in the book?
(a) Things he stumbles upon.
(b) Things he sees and things he hears from others.
(c) Only the truth of what he sees.
(d) The mysteries of the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fruit could weigh over two pounds troy-weight in Chan-glu?
2. Why did the Great Khan send the Polos and a baron to the Pope requesting a hundred men?
3. What miraculous event was said to have occurred at Samarcan?
4. What type of clothing was worn in Chintigui?
5. ______ were the most prevalent in Kain.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)