|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through From Peking to Amoy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kubilai Khan fought a great battle with whom?
2. According to the Prologue, what things does Marco Polo describe in the book?
(a) Things he sees and things he hears from others.
(b) Things he stumbles upon.
(c) Only the truth of what he sees.
(d) The mysteries of the world.
3. What months did the grand khan reside in Kanbalu?
(a) December, January, February.
(b) October, November, December.
(c) March, April, May.
(d) September, October, November.
4. ______ were the most prevalent in Kain.
5. How many legitimate wives did the grand khan have?
Short Answer Questions
1. A thief could pay ______ the value of the property stolen in order to escape all further punishment.
2. In 1272, who was appointed governor of Tudin-fu?
3. Tartars mostly survived on ____________ while on an expedition.
4. Marco Polo stayed at the Great Khan's court for _____ years to do many missions.
5. Why did the Great Khan send the Polos and a baron to the Pope requesting a hundred men?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)