1. Marco Polo was an emissary of whom?
(a) King Arghun.
(b) Kubilai Kahn.
(d) Chief Alau.
2. "The Travels of Marco Polo" was first introduced to the reading public in the thirteenth century as what?
(a) "A Description of the Kingdoms."
(b) "A Description of the Provinces."
(c) "A Description of the Empires."
(d) "A Description of the World."
3. According to Marco Polo, in the central part of Armenia lies an exceedingly large and high mountain. What can be found on this mountain?
(a) The Ark of Noah.
(b) The Fountain of Oil.
(c) The Gate of Iron.
(d) The Golden Tablets.
4. According to the introduction, what made "The Travels of Marco Polo" a best seller?
(a) The wild and exciting tales.
(b) The ease in obtaining a copy of the book.
(c) Rustichello's writing.
(d) The mystery of Kubilai Khan's thirteenth century empire.
5. According to Marco Polo, in ancient times, kings of Zorzania were born with the mark of _____________ on the ___________ shoulder.
(a) An Eagle, right.
(b) A Lion, right.
(c) An Eagle, left.
(d) A Lion, left.
This section contains 3,576 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)