|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Stalking Wolf think it will take Brown to be a great tracker?
2. Before Brown and Rick set off in "Omen", what does Stalking Wolf tell them about omens?
3. What is tracking compared to in "The Ultimate Track"?
4. What does the Alpha dog do to Brown in "The Dog Tree"?
5. What does Brown throw at the dogs when they wait for him at the river's bank in "The Dog Tree"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brown know the way to rescue Rick from the quick mud?
2. What happens once Brown is chased up the tree in "The Dog Tree"?
3. Why is Brown out alone in "The Dog Tree"?
4. Why is Brown never afraid of the wilderness again in "Jersey Devil"?
5. What happened when Brown was attacked by a wild dog when he was 10?
6. How does Brown end up getting out of the tree and escaping the dogs in "The Dog Tree"?
7. Which two houses are Brown and Rick afraid of on the path to their cabin?
8. In "Chickadee Survival", why doesn't the storm threaten Brown?
9. Why are there wild dogs in Pine Barrens?
10. How do the Boy Scout leaders try to prepare for the storm in "Chickadee Survival"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using the events and ideas of this novel, explain how humanity can have a positive effect on nature as well as a negative effect. What does the author try to tell his reader about the effect of people on nature?
Essay Topic 2
Stalking Wolf has an interesting teaching method. Describe the way Stalking Wolf teaches, how his students learn and how this style of teaching is different from traditional school.
Essay Topic 3
What is good medicine to Brown? How does Brown use good medicine to better his life and the lives of others?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)