|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one smack during bear smacking?
2. What do the Boy Scout leaders think of the coming winter storm?
3. What does Brown tell the rescuers that come in "Chickadee Survival"?
4. What does Brown see when he tries to trace the tracks of his fight with the Jersey Devil?
5. How does Brown describe the final effect of his cold training rite of passage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens once Brown is chased up the tree in "The Dog Tree"?
2. What two human rescues do Brown and Rick take part in in "Chickadee Survival"?
3. Why does Stalking Wolf call the dogs "guardians" in "Omen"?
4. What test does Stalking Wolf give Brown in "Jersey Devil"?
5. In "The Ultimate Track", how does Brown describe tracking?
6. In "The Ultimate Track", how do Brown and Rick prepare themselves to be trackers?
7. What happens when the dogs get out of the pit in "Omen"?
8. At the end of "Night Crawl", what is Brown's final opinion of his camping trip?
9. What does Stalking Wolf say will happen after Brown does his challenge in "Jersey Devil"?
10. Which two houses are Brown and Rick afraid of on the path to their cabin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is good medicine to Brown? How does Brown use good medicine to better his life and the lives of others?
Essay Topic 2
Rick and Brown collect skulls. What is symbolic about the skulls? How does this act bind the two in friendship? What happens to the skulls when Rick moves away?
Essay Topic 3
Several characters in this novel have both physical and spiritual strength. Define both strengths and how they can be used together. Use specific examples from the novel to support your ideas.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)