|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brown realize about his connection with the modern world in "Search"?
(a) That he is completely modern.
(b) That he has read enough modern books to get by.
(c) That he hasn't seen TV.
(d) That he barely has one.
2. In "Bear Smacking", how far from home does Brown go?
(b) North Dakota.
3. What type of people do the wild dogs in "Outlaw Dogs" prefer to attack?
(c) The elderly.
4. After the police come to the camp site in "Thaw", how long do they say the body had been in the ground?
(a) A month.
(b) A day.
(c) A week.
(d) A few days.
5. What do Brown and Rick divide among themselves when Rick moves away?
(a) The money they saved.
(b) Their skull collection.
(c) Pictures from camping trips.
(d) Plaster casts of tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brown focus his tracking on in "Search"?
2. What does the heat from the fire do to the ground in "Thaw"?
3. What makes deer the hardest animals to track?
4. In "Bear Smacking", what color are the nights in Death Valley?
5. In "Search", how long does it take to find the handicapped man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Brown and Rick do when the hand emerges from the ground in "Thaw"?
2. What happens when Brown encounters the drunks in "Thoreau Summer"?
3. What is invisible walking?
4. Why does Brown agree to kill the wild dogs in "Outlaw Dogs"?
5. How does Brown comfort the handicapped man's family in "Search"?
6. In "True Lostness", why do Rick and Brown argue?
7. What does Brown do during the summer of "Thoreau Summer"?
8. What does Brown realize about the man by the Jeep in "The Journeyman"?
9. What does Brown say to himself after killing the deer in "Predator"?
10. What makes Brown and Rick's goodbye so difficult in "The End of the World"?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)