|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Guardian", why can't Brown enjoy the wonders of spring?
(a) Because there aren't any good tracks.
(b) Because it is too rainy.
(c) Because Rick isn't there.
(d) Because it is cold.
2. Why is the handicapped man's trail difficult to follow in "Search"?
(a) It doesn't have any logical flow.
(b) It has been partially covered up.
(c) It keeps stopping and disappearing.
(d) It is easily confused with other trails.
3. What happens when Brown and Rick accidentally break the casts in "The End of the World"?
(a) They call for help.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They get into a fight.
(d) They cry.
4. Who does Brown help control the dogs in "Outlaw Dogs"?
(a) His parents.
(c) The police.
(d) A local Indian tribe.
5. What does Stalking Wolf say Brown and Rick have transformed into in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. After making camp in "Thaw", what do Brown and Rick do?
2. What does the heat from the fire do to the ground in "Thaw"?
3. In "Thaw", what do Brown and Rick think may have made the tire tracks they find?
4. In "Thoreau Summer", what does Brown want to protect the Good Medicine Cabin from?
5. In "Thaw", what do the police do to try to track the killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brown do during the summer of "Thoreau Summer"?
2. In "Bear Smacking", what happens when Brown climbs the rock dome?
3. What does Brown say to himself after killing the deer in "Predator"?
4. In "Bear Smacking", how does Brown feel about the desert?
5. How does Brown comfort the handicapped man's family in "Search"?
6. How do Brown and Rick create an eerie mood for themselves in "Thaw"?
7. Why does Brown agree to kill the wild dogs in "Outlaw Dogs"?
8. What makes the handicapped man's trail in "Search" the most difficult tracking Brown has ever done?
9. What is invisible walking?
10. What must Brown and Rick do to become "invisible" in "Invisible Walking"?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)