|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Brown in "Thoreau Summer", when will most wild animals attack?
(a) When chased.
(b) When threatened with a gun.
(c) When cornered.
(d) When yelled at.
2. In "Predator", why does Stalking Wolf want Brown to kill a deer?
(a) To win a bet.
(b) Because there are too many deer.
(c) To test him.
(d) Because he is hungry.
3. What do Brown and Rick divide among themselves when Rick moves away?
(a) Pictures from camping trips.
(b) Their skull collection.
(c) The money they saved.
(d) Plaster casts of tracks.
4. According to Stalking Wolf, what must a person blend with their surroundings if they want to go undetected?
(a) Their voices.
(b) Their energy.
(c) Their soul.
(d) Their faces.
5. Why does it take the deer a long time to die in "Predator"?
(a) Brown is too weak.
(b) Brown is too upset.
(c) The deer fights back.
(d) The deer is larger than Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far must Brown and Rick hike to find a pay phone to call for help after finding a dead body?
2. What does Brown give Rick when he moves away?
3. Where does the bear chase Brown in "Bear Smacking"?
4. According to Stalking Wolf, where do most people not look?
5. Why is the handicapped man's trail difficult to follow in "Search"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "True Lostness", why are the beavers dead?
2. How does Brown feel about being sued by the SPCA in "Outlaw Dogs"?
3. What does Brown realize about the man by the Jeep in "The Journeyman"?
4. How does Brown describe following a trail in the beginning of "Search"?
5. What does "true lostness" mean?
6. What does Brown do during the summer of "Thoreau Summer"?
7. How does the spiritual pattern of the woods affect Brown in "Predator"?
8. Who helps look for the lost handicapped man in "Search"?
9. What makes Brown and Rick's goodbye so difficult in "The End of the World"?
10. In "Bear Smacking", how does Brown feel about the desert?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)