|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Thoreau Summer", what does Brown want to protect the Good Medicine Cabin from?
2. In "Search", what does the handicapped man do at a chicken coop?
(b) Turn around.
(c) Brown can't tell.
(d) Eat a chicken.
3. What does Brown do to the poachers truck in "Guardian"?
(a) Slashes the tires.
(b) Lets all the gas out.
(c) Lights it on fire.
(d) Takes the battery.
4. In "Thaw", what do Brown and Rick think may have made the tire tracks they find?
(a) A large truck.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A Buick.
(d) A Jeep.
5. How far must Brown and Rick hike to find a pay phone to call for help after finding a dead body?
(a) One mile.
(b) Three miles.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Half a mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the handicapped man afraid when he is finally found in "Search"?
2. How does Brown follow the poachers in "Guardian"?
3. In "Thoreau Summer", what does Brown say changed about the woods?
4. In "Invisible Walking", what ceremony does Stalking Wolf perform?
5. In "True Lostness", why do Rick and Brown spray paint messages on a sewer pipe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is invisible walking?
2. What makes Brown question his education and path in life in "Search"?
3. What happens when Brown tries to smack a bear in "Bear Smacking"?
4. How does Brown describe his two near-death experiences in "Bear Smacking"?
5. What does Brown say to himself after killing the deer in "Predator"?
6. What does Brown realize about the man by the Jeep in "The Journeyman"?
7. How does the spiritual pattern of the woods affect Brown in "Predator"?
8. What do Brown and Rick do when the hand emerges from the ground in "Thaw"?
9. Who helps look for the lost handicapped man in "Search"?
10. What does "true lostness" mean?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)