|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stalking Wolf say Brown and Rick have transformed into in this chapter?
2. What happens when Brown hides under the Jeep in "Bear Smacking"?
(a) A wolf pack shows up.
(b) The Jeep starts to move.
(c) More bears show up.
(d) The bear tries to get him.
3. Why does it take the deer a long time to die in "Predator"?
(a) Brown is too upset.
(b) The deer fights back.
(c) Brown is too weak.
(d) The deer is larger than Brown.
4. How far must Brown and Rick hike to find a pay phone to call for help after finding a dead body?
(a) Three miles.
(b) Two miles.
(c) One mile.
(d) Half a mile.
5. In "True Lostness", what do Brown and Rick find in the beaver den?
(c) Baby beavers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown tell his parents at the end of "Thaw"?
2. What is the name of the handicapped man in "Search"?
3. What makes deer the hardest animals to track?
4. How many soldiers help to look for the handicapped man in "Search"?
5. What do Brown and Rick divide among themselves when Rick moves away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brown know that poachers were killing deer in "Guardian"?
2. What does Brown do during the summer of "Thoreau Summer"?
3. In "Thaw", what does Brown find funny about the police dogs?
4. What happens when Brown encounters the drunks in "Thoreau Summer"?
5. What makes Brown and Rick's goodbye so difficult in "The End of the World"?
6. Why do people give up on the search for the handicapped man in "Search"?
7. What makes Brown question his education and path in life in "Search"?
8. In "True Lostness", why do Rick and Brown argue?
9. In "Predator", how does Brown describe the deer he kills?
10. What is invisible walking?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)