|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brown see about the dogs after they are trapped in "Omen"?
(a) They are hungry.
(b) They are sick.
(c) They are tired.
(d) They are lonely.
2. What does Stalking Wolf challenge the boys to do in "Jersey Devil"?
(a) Make a new story against the Jersey Devil.
(b) Camp for a week where the Jersey Devil is.
(c) Use the dogs to defeat the Jersey Devil.
(d) Walk alone through the Jersey Devil's land.
3. Why does Stalking Wolf respect the chickadee spirit?
(a) It is friendly.
(b) It is stout.
(c) It is cold.
(d) It is brave.
4. How does Brown rescue Rick from the quick mud?
(a) He jumps in too.
(b) He pulls him out.
(c) He breaks the suction.
(d) He calls for Stalking Wolf.
5. In "Night Crawl", when does Brown notice the summer woods to be most lively?
(c) Early afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Blanchard do to the wild dogs in Pine Barrens?
2. What do Brown and Rick wear on their rite of passage for the cold?
3. What is tracking compared to in "The Ultimate Track"?
4. What does Brown throw at the dogs when they wait for him at the river's bank in "The Dog Tree"?
5. How do people describe the Jersey Devil in folk tales?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Brown was attacked by a wild dog when he was 10?
2. In "Chickadee Survival", why doesn't the storm threaten Brown?
3. How does Brown choose where to build the Good Medicine Cabin?
4. How does Brown end up getting out of the tree and escaping the dogs in "The Dog Tree"?
5. What story does Stalking Wolf tell about "smacking the bear"?
6. What happens when the wild dogs sneak up on Brown and Rick as they are celebrating finishing building their cabin?
7. Which two houses are Brown and Rick afraid of on the path to their cabin?
8. At the end of "Night Crawl", what is Brown's final opinion of his camping trip?
9. How do the Boy Scout leaders try to prepare for the storm in "Chickadee Survival"?
10. Why is Brown never afraid of the wilderness again in "Jersey Devil"?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)