|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rick is less of a tracker, and more of a what?
2. How do people describe the Jersey Devil in folk tales?
(a) Blue with long fingers.
(b) Muscular and tall.
(c) Dark and fast-moving.
(d) Huge and hairy.
3. How is Brown similar to the chickadee in "Chickadee Survival"?
(a) He is full of energy.
(b) He talks a lot.
(c) He is respected by Stalking Wolf.
(d) He likes cold weather.
4. What do Brown and Rick call the "dog wars" in "Omen"?
(a) The end of the dogs.
(b) The war of the Pine Barrens.
(c) Their only hope.
(d) The last great battle.
5. What shape door do Brown and Rick put on their cabin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown do in "The Dog Tree" when he is chased by dogs?
2. At the end of "Quick Mud", what does Brown say about hot tubs?
3. Grandfather teaches Brown and Rick how to build a warm place to sleep out of what?
4. How does Stalking Wolf describe Brown in the beginning of "Omen"?
5. Other than tracking itself, what part of tracking interests Rick and Brown?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Boy Scout leaders try to prepare for the storm in "Chickadee Survival"?
2. Why is Brown never afraid of the wilderness again in "Jersey Devil"?
3. What does Brown learn about night tracking in "Night Crawl"?
4. How does Brown end up getting out of the tree and escaping the dogs in "The Dog Tree"?
5. What happens in "Omen" when Brown and Rick go into the pit?
6. What does Stalking Wolf say will happen after Brown does his challenge in "Jersey Devil"?
7. In "The Ultimate Track", how does Brown describe tracking?
8. At the end of "Night Crawl", what is Brown's final opinion of his camping trip?
9. What story does Stalking Wolf tell about "smacking the bear"?
10. What happened when Brown was attacked by a wild dog when he was 10?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)