|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brown believes that learning the patterns of what animal is "good medicine?"
2. In "Omen", what plans do Brown and Rick make?
(a) How to tame the dogs.
(b) How to avoid the dogs.
(c) How to fight the dogs.
(d) How to build a new cabin.
3. What does Brown notice about the bark of the tree in "The Dog Tree"?
(a) All the cracks in the bark.
(b) It is deseased.
(c) Ants crawling on it.
(d) It is turning green.
4. In "Quick Mud", where do Brown and Rick build a bridge?
(a) Next to the school.
(b) In the neighboring town.
(c) By their cabin.
(d) Near Stalking Wolf's house.
5. What time is it in when Brown is finally able to go home after his tracking adventure at night?
(a) 10 o'clock the next morning.
(d) 10 o'clock that night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Brown and Rick describe the "cold wind" in "Cold Training"?
2. What does Brown see about the dogs after they are trapped in "Omen"?
3. Why do Brown and Rick grow used to being cold in "Cold Training"?
4. How do people describe the Jersey Devil in folk tales?
5. Why does Brown think Stalking Wolf is senile at first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Brown's parents think of his time in the woods?
2. What happens in "Omen" when Brown and Rick go into the pit?
3. Why is Brown unable to see anything in "Night Crawl"?
4. What is Brown's first impression of Rick?
5. In "The Ultimate Track", how do Brown and Rick prepare themselves to be trackers?
6. What test does Stalking Wolf give Brown in "Jersey Devil"?
7. How do the Boy Scout leaders try to prepare for the storm in "Chickadee Survival"?
8. Why are there wild dogs in Pine Barrens?
9. In "The Ultimate Track", how does Brown describe tracking?
10. At the end of "Night Crawl", what is Brown's final opinion of his camping trip?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)