|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brown do in the Dakota Badlands?
(a) Passes through.
(b) Sees if he can survive.
(c) Tries to track deer.
(d) Looks for his father.
2. After making camp in "Thaw", what do Brown and Rick do?
(a) Brew coffee.
(b) Put up a second tent.
(c) Tell scary stories.
(d) Dig a hole.
3. In "Invisible Walking", why does Brown say he enjoyed his week in Hell?
(a) It was a great lesson.
(b) He had never been so successful at tracking.
(c) It was just the vacation he needed.
(d) He will never feel fear again.
4. How are Brown and Rick able to observe what the police do in "Thaw"?
(a) The police investigate near their homes.
(b) Use their ability to be invisible.
(c) They watch from their camp.
(d) They were asked to help.
5. Who was Brown an apprentice under?
(a) His father.
(d) Stalking Wolf.
6. Who does Brown focus his tracking on in "Search"?
(a) Wild dogs.
(c) Runaway teens.
(d) Lost children.
7. What do the wild dogs look like in "Outlaw Dogs"?
8. In "Invisible Walking", what ceremony does Stalking Wolf perform?
(a) A baptism ceremony.
(b) A wedding ceremony.
(c) A blood brother ceremony.
(d) A deer ceremony.
9. According to Stalking Wolf, what must a person blend with their surroundings if they want to go undetected?
(a) Their soul.
(b) Their faces.
(c) Their voices.
(d) Their energy.
10. What makes Brown's search for a handicapped adult in "Search" so important.
(a) The man thinks like a child.
(b) The man is blind.
(c) The man has only one leg.
(d) The man needs medicine.
11. Why does Brown find Rick to show him the three beaver skulls in "True Lostness"?
(a) Because only Rick can understand.
(b) Because Rick likes beaver skulls best.
(c) Because Brown needs help identifying them.
(d) Because Brown wants to show off his find.
12. What does Brown bring back to the handicapped man's family during his tracking in "Search"?
(a) Money to help pay the bills.
(b) Items that prove the man is surviving.
(c) Food to remind them to eat.
(d) Pictures of the man's tracks.
13. According to Brown in "Thoreau Summer", when will most wild animals attack?
(a) When yelled at.
(b) When cornered.
(c) When threatened with a gun.
(d) When chased.
14. In "Search", why do some people give up looking for the handicapped man?
(a) They get hungry.
(b) It gets too dark.
(c) It gets too cold.
(d) They get tired.
15. In "Invisible Walking", why don't Brown and Rick go rushing to Stalking Wolf after their camping trip?
(a) They don't know where he is.
(b) They don't want to seem afraid.
(c) They don't want to tell him what happened.
(d) They want to go tracking first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown take to the Grand Canyon in?
2. What is the name of the handicapped man in "Search"?
3. In "Thaw", what do the police do to try to track the killer?
4. After killing the deer in "Predator", what do Brown and Stalking Wolf do with the hide?
5. How old is Brown in "The Journeyman"?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)