|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Brown and Rick able to observe what the police do in "Thaw"?
(a) The police investigate near their homes.
(b) Use their ability to be invisible.
(c) They watch from their camp.
(d) They were asked to help.
2. Who does Brown focus his tracking on in "Search"?
(a) Runaway teens.
(b) Wild dogs.
(c) Lost children.
3. What does Brown bring back to the handicapped man's family during his tracking in "Search"?
(a) Money to help pay the bills.
(b) Pictures of the man's tracks.
(c) Food to remind them to eat.
(d) Items that prove the man is surviving.
4. What does the heat from the fire do to the ground in "Thaw"?
(a) It cracks the dry sand.
(b) It warms it for sleeping.
(c) It melts the frozen mud.
(d) It starts the leaves on fire.
5. What does Brown take to the Grand Canyon in?
(a) A pack mule and a horse.
(b) Nothing but himself.
(c) A donkey and a large sack.
(d) A guide and a horse.
6. What happened to the man by the Jeep in "The Journeyman"?
(a) He was looking for his dog.
(b) He ran out of gas.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He had a flat tire.
7. Why is the handicapped man's trail difficult to follow in "Search"?
(a) It keeps stopping and disappearing.
(b) It is easily confused with other trails.
(c) It doesn't have any logical flow.
(d) It has been partially covered up.
8. What does Brown love most about the Badlands?
(a) The trees.
(b) The water.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The beauty.
9. In "Search", what does Brown discover the handicapped man to be eating?
10. In "Bear Smacking", how far from home does Brown go?
(a) North Dakota.
11. What happens when Brown and Rick accidentally break the casts in "The End of the World"?
(a) They get into a fight.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They cry.
(d) They call for help.
12. How many packs of dogs help to look for the handicapped man in "Search"?
13. What does Brown realize about his connection with the modern world in "Search"?
(a) That he has read enough modern books to get by.
(b) That he barely has one.
(c) That he hasn't seen TV.
(d) That he is completely modern.
14. How does Brown benefit from invisible walking?
(a) A spiritual awakeness.
(b) He can use it to earn money.
(c) He doesn't benefit from it.
(d) A better bond with Rick.
15. In "Outlaw Dogs", what do the dogs do to farms?
(a) Ruin crops.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Terrorize them.
(d) Mate on their grounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far must Brown and Rick hike to find a pay phone to call for help after finding a dead body?
2. What makes Brown's search for a handicapped adult in "Search" so important.
3. How does Brown follow the poachers in "Guardian"?
4. In "True Lostness", why do Rick and Brown spray paint messages on a sewer pipe?
5. According to Stalking Wolf, where do most people not look?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)