|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Outlaw Dogs", what do the dogs do to farms?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Mate on their grounds.
(c) Ruin crops.
(d) Terrorize them.
2. What happened to the man by the Jeep in "The Journeyman"?
(a) He ran out of gas.
(b) He was looking for his dog.
(c) He had a heart attack.
(d) He had a flat tire.
3. In "Thaw", where do Rick and Brown camp?
(a) Oppen Stream.
(c) Forked River.
(d) Baker's Field.
4. What makes deer the hardest animals to track?
(a) Their sense of hearing.
(b) Their color.
(c) Their speed.
(d) Their sense of smell.
5. In "Search", why do some people give up looking for the handicapped man?
(a) They get hungry.
(b) They get tired.
(c) It gets too dark.
(d) It gets too cold.
6. After killing the deer in "Predator", what do Brown and Stalking Wolf do with the hide?
(a) Make a cloak.
(b) Make a bag.
(c) Make a blanket.
(d) Burn it.
7. What does Brown give Rick when he moves away?
(a) A necklace made of teeth.
(b) His favorite skull.
(c) A whistle.
(d) A prized rock.
8. Why is the handicapped man afraid when he is finally found in "Search"?
(a) He thinks he will go to jail.
(b) He thinks he will be hurt.
(c) He can't see anything.
(d) He is hungry and weak.
9. Why does it take the deer a long time to die in "Predator"?
(a) The deer is larger than Brown.
(b) Brown is too weak.
(c) Brown is too upset.
(d) The deer fights back.
10. How does Brown travel the Snake River in "Bear Smacking"?
(a) He swims it.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A kayak.
(d) A tube.
11. How does Stalking Wolf prepare the deer meat to bring home in "Predator"?
(a) He dries it.
(b) He boils it.
(c) He roasts it.
(d) He salts it.
12. In "True Lostness", why do Rick and Brown spray paint messages on a sewer pipe?
(a) As a form of art.
(b) As a type of poetry.
(c) As a protest.
(d) As a way to kill time.
13. In "Search", what does Brown discover the handicapped man to be eating?
14. In "Invisible Walking" how do Brown and Rick annoy their families?
(a) By walking too quietly.
(b) By blending in with their surroundings.
(c) By coming home dirty.
(d) By playing loud music.
15. At the end of "Predator", what does Brown say he will mostly hunt with?
(a) His heart.
(b) A spear.
(c) A camera.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown realize about his connection with the modern world in "Search"?
2. In "True Lostness" why does Brown have a hard time spelling?
3. In "Search", who else is searching for the handicapped man?
4. In "Search", how long does it take to find the handicapped man?
5. What does Brown tell his parents at the end of "Thaw"?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)