|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Brown in "The Journeyman"?
2. In "Thaw", where do Rick and Brown camp?
(a) Baker's Field.
(c) Forked River.
(d) Oppen Stream.
3. According to Stalking Wolf, where do most people not look?
(a) Eye level.
(b) At the ground.
(c) Just above eye level.
(d) To the sky.
4. What does Brown love most about the Badlands?
(a) The water.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The beauty.
(d) The trees.
5. In "Thoreau Summer", what does Brown want to protect the Good Medicine Cabin from?
6. In "Search", what does Brown discover the handicapped man to be eating?
7. Who was Brown an apprentice under?
(a) Stalking Wolf.
(d) His father.
8. Why is the handicapped man afraid when he is finally found in "Search"?
(a) He thinks he will be hurt.
(b) He can't see anything.
(c) He thinks he will go to jail.
(d) He is hungry and weak.
9. Who does Brown help control the dogs in "Outlaw Dogs"?
(a) His parents.
(b) A local Indian tribe.
(d) The police.
10. What does the heat from the fire do to the ground in "Thaw"?
(a) It melts the frozen mud.
(b) It warms it for sleeping.
(c) It starts the leaves on fire.
(d) It cracks the dry sand.
11. After killing the deer in "Predator", what do Brown and Stalking Wolf do with the hide?
(a) Make a blanket.
(b) Make a cloak.
(c) Make a bag.
(d) Burn it.
12. In "Search", who else is searching for the handicapped man?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The ATF.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The SWAT team.
13. In "Invisible Walking", what ceremony does Stalking Wolf perform?
(a) A blood brother ceremony.
(b) A deer ceremony.
(c) A wedding ceremony.
(d) A baptism ceremony.
14. In "The End of the World", what does Stalking Wolf tell Rick and Brown at the cabin?
(a) That they should hug.
(b) That they will meet again.
(c) That they are spiritual brothers.
(d) That they will never forget each other.
15. Why does Brown find Rick to show him the three beaver skulls in "True Lostness"?
(a) Because Brown wants to show off his find.
(b) Because only Rick can understand.
(c) Because Brown needs help identifying them.
(d) Because Rick likes beaver skulls best.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Brown and Rick accidentally break the casts in "The End of the World"?
2. How many packs of dogs help to look for the handicapped man in "Search"?
3. What does the huge Virginia White Tail deer lead Brown to in "Guardian"?
4. In "True Lostness", what does Rick show Brown in the robin's nest?
5. What does Brown bring back to the handicapped man's family during his tracking in "Search"?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)