|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Thaw", what do Brown and Rick think may have made the tire tracks they find?
(a) A Buick.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A large truck.
2. After the police come to the camp site in "Thaw", how long do they say the body had been in the ground?
(a) A week.
(b) A month.
(c) A day.
(d) A few days.
3. How many packs of dogs help to look for the handicapped man in "Search"?
4. According to Stalking Wolf, where do most people not look?
(a) Eye level.
(b) At the ground.
(c) Just above eye level.
(d) To the sky.
5. What makes tracking the handicapped man in "Search" the hardest tracking Brown has ever done?
(a) The cold.
(b) The dark.
(c) The foliage.
(d) The rain.
6. According to Brown, when did he stop being an apprentice?
(a) When he turned 16.
(b) When he was 12.
(c) When he learned to camp alone.
(d) When he lost all fear.
7. In "True Lostness" why does Brown have a hard time spelling?
(a) He is too tired to think.
(b) He is using a more adult vocabulary.
(c) He has never written before.
(d) He does not have an academic education.
8. Where does Brown hide in "Predator" while stalking a deer?
(a) Behind a hill.
(b) Under a rock.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In a tree.
9. According to Stalking Wolf, what must a person blend with their surroundings if they want to go undetected?
(a) Their faces.
(b) Their soul.
(c) Their energy.
(d) Their voices.
10. In "True Lostness", what does Rick show Brown in the robin's nest?
(a) Four baby birds.
(b) A sick mother robin.
(c) Egg shells.
(d) Eggs about to hatch.
11. What does Brown tell his parents at the end of "Thaw"?
(a) That the camping trip was routine.
(b) That he found a dead body.
(c) That he is going camping again the next day.
(d) That police dogs are untrained.
12. Why must Brown travel in "The Journeyman"?
(a) To make his family happy.
(b) To get over his sadness.
(c) To become a master.
(d) To win a medal.
13. What is the name of the handicapped man in "Search"?
14. What happens when Brown hides under the Jeep in "Bear Smacking"?
(a) The bear tries to get him.
(b) The Jeep starts to move.
(c) A wolf pack shows up.
(d) More bears show up.
15. What type of people do the wild dogs in "Outlaw Dogs" prefer to attack?
(a) The elderly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Brown an apprentice under?
2. What does Stalking Wolf say Brown and Rick have transformed into in this chapter?
3. What does Brown do when he finds the hand sticking out of the ground during a camping trip?
4. In "Search", how long does it take to find the handicapped man?
5. What does Brown give Rick when he moves away?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)