|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Other than tracking itself, what part of tracking interests Rick and Brown?
(a) Being alone in the woods.
(b) Animal skulls.
(c) Throwing rocks.
(d) Marking trees.
2. What does Brown throw at the dogs when they wait for him at the river's bank in "The Dog Tree"?
3. At the end of "Quick Mud", what does Brown say about hot tubs?
(a) He has never been in one.
(b) He's going to sit in one for an hour.
(c) He'd rather be cold.
(d) He is going to save money for one.
4. In "Quick Mud", where do Brown and Rick build a bridge?
(a) Near Stalking Wolf's house.
(b) In the neighboring town.
(c) Next to the school.
(d) By their cabin.
5. Before Brown and Rick set off in "Omen", what does Stalking Wolf tell them about omens?
(a) To ignore them.
(b) To watch out for them.
(c) To believe in them.
(d) To analyze them.
6. Why does Stalking Wolf like to stalk animals?
(a) To get him out of the house.
(b) To look at them.
(c) To kill them.
(d) To trick them.
7. How does Brown rescue Rick from the quick mud?
(a) He calls for Stalking Wolf.
(b) He jumps in too.
(c) He breaks the suction.
(d) He pulls him out.
8. What does the Alpha dog do to Brown in "The Dog Tree"?
(a) Growls, but doesn't bite.
(b) Bites his arm.
(c) Lies down in front of him.
(d) Bites his leg.
9. Why was Brown attacked by a dog when he was ten?
(a) He was trying to find a skull.
(b) He ran after the dog first.
(c) He was sleeping too soundly.
(d) He was listening to music.
10. What state is Pine Barrens in?
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
11. What makes Pine Barrens unique?
(a) There are no paths through it at all.
(b) The number of tiny lakes and streams.
(c) Parts of it have never been explored.
(d) It stays warm all year.
12. What shape door do Brown and Rick put on their cabin?
13. What does Brown do in "The Dog Tree" when he is chased by dogs?
(a) Waves a branch at the dogs.
(b) Throws a stick for the dogs to chase.
(c) Hides behind a tree.
(d) Climbs a tree.
14. What does Mr. Blanchard do to the wild dogs in Pine Barrens?
(a) Breeds them.
(b) Feeds them.
(c) Shoots them.
(d) Trains them.
15. How do Brown and Rick trap the dogs in "Omen"?
(a) In a pit.
(b) In their cabin.
(c) With a large cage.
(d) With a snare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown make into a necklace in "Good Medicine Cabin"?
2. How do Brown and Rick know where to build their cabin?
3. What does Brown see when he tries to trace the tracks of his fight with the Jersey Devil?
4. In "Night Crawl", when does Brown notice the summer woods to be most lively?
5. How old is Brown when he finishes building the Good Medicine Cabin?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)