|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Night Crawl", what makes Brown's camping trip so dangerous?
(a) He didn't tell Stalking Wolf where he was.
(b) It's on unchartered land.
(c) It's near a wolf den.
(d) He is alone.
2. What does Brown do in "The Dog Tree" when he is chased by dogs?
(a) Throws a stick for the dogs to chase.
(b) Hides behind a tree.
(c) Climbs a tree.
(d) Waves a branch at the dogs.
3. What does Brown see when he tries to trace the tracks of his fight with the Jersey Devil?
(a) All the tracks have disappeared.
(b) There are three sets of tracks.
(c) There is only one set of tracks.
(d) There is a dead deer in the middle of them.
4. How do Brown and Rick trap the dogs in "Omen"?
(a) In their cabin.
(b) In a pit.
(c) With a snare.
(d) With a large cage.
5. In "Quick Mud", Stalking Wolf says nature will never hurt Brown as long as he does what?
(a) Prays daily.
(b) Does not eat animals.
(c) Listens to the breeze.
(d) Stays calm.
6. In "Jersey Devil", what does Brown see when he thinks he sees the Jersey Devil?
(a) A fuzzy shape.
(c) A glowing.
(d) A shadow.
7. How does Stalking Wolf describe Brown in the beginning of "Omen"?
8. How do Brown and Rick describe the "cold wind" in "Cold Training"?
(a) As being fake.
(b) As being cold.
(c) As their enemy.
(d) As their brother.
9. How is Brown similar to the chickadee in "Chickadee Survival"?
(a) He is respected by Stalking Wolf.
(b) He is full of energy.
(c) He likes cold weather.
(d) He talks a lot.
10. In "The Ultimate Track", what does Brown say the best mysteries are?
(a) The mysteries of sleep.
(b) The mysteries of nature.
(c) The mysteries of space.
(d) The mysteries of people.
11. What animal does Brown see in "Night Crawl" in a swamp?
(a) A heron.
(b) A swan.
(c) A dove.
(d) An owl.
12. How does Stalking Wolf explain stalking at night?
(a) It is better to wait until morning.
(b) It is done by scent.
(c) It is done by feeling.
(d) It is for masters only.
13. Grandfather teaches Brown and Rick how to build a warm place to sleep out of what?
(a) Pine needles.
(b) Dried grass.
(d) Animal furs.
14. What do Brown and Rick wear on their rite of passage for the cold?
(a) Cutoffs and hats.
(b) Pants and gloves.
(c) Sneakers and cutoffs.
(d) Only pants.
15. Why does Brown think Stalking Wolf is senile at first?
(a) He rambles about people he's never met.
(b) He forgets when he starts fires.
(c) He loses track of the present.
(d) He sleeps during the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it in when Brown is finally able to go home after his tracking adventure at night?
2. In "Quick Mud", where do Brown and Rick build a bridge?
3. Before Brown and Rick set off in "Omen", what does Stalking Wolf tell them about omens?
4. How long does Stalking Wolf think it will take Brown to be a great tracker?
5. What must Brown and Rick learn to do for birds to eat from their hands?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)