|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stalking Wolf respect the chickadee spirit?
(a) It is cold.
(b) It is stout.
(c) It is brave.
(d) It is friendly.
2. Why does Brown decide to not track at night that often?
(a) It is too difficult.
(b) It is harder to see the animals.
(c) It destroys the tracks.
(d) It isn't as much fun as during the day.
3. How do Brown and Rick know where to build their cabin?
(a) They find the flattest spot in the woods.
(b) They ask Stalking Wolf.
(c) They don't know where to build it.
(d) They look for an omen.
4. In "Night Crawl", what happens after Brown and Rick find the rabbit prints?
(a) It gets dark.
(b) They see a wolf.
(c) They lead to nowhere.
(d) Brown gets hungry.
5. In "Night Crawl", Brown says it will take about how long before someone comes looking for him?
(a) Within the next week.
(b) A few hours.
(c) He isn't sure.
(d) A few days.
6. How long does Stalking Wolf think it will take Brown to be a great tracker?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) He was born great.
7. What do Brown and Rick eat to celebrate finishing building their cabin?
(a) Rice and beans.
(c) Deer kebobs.
(d) Meat sandwiches.
8. The day after Rick gets stuck in quick mud, what do Brown and Rick do?
(a) Sleep in.
(b) Tell Stalking Wolf what happened.
(c) Jump back in the mud.
(d) Contact the local paper.
9. What does Stalking Wolf challenge the boys to do in "Jersey Devil"?
(a) Walk alone through the Jersey Devil's land.
(b) Camp for a week where the Jersey Devil is.
(c) Make a new story against the Jersey Devil.
(d) Use the dogs to defeat the Jersey Devil.
10. In "Chickadee Survival", Brown says a person may not know where they are but what?
(a) They are always leaving tracks.
(b) They are never truly lost.
(c) They will be able to call for help.
(d) They will find food.
11. In "Quick Mud", Stalking Wolf says nature will never hurt Brown as long as he does what?
(a) Listens to the breeze.
(b) Does not eat animals.
(c) Stays calm.
(d) Prays daily.
12. How do Brown and Rick trap the dogs in "Omen"?
(a) With a snare.
(b) With a large cage.
(c) In a pit.
(d) In their cabin.
13. In "Go and Ask the Mice", what happened to Stalking Wolf's friend when they were younger?
(a) He was killed.
(b) He moved away.
(c) He disappeared.
(d) He got married.
14. At the end of "The Dog Tree", how does Brown get home?
(a) Hitches a ride.
(b) A bus.
(c) He walks.
(d) A boat.
15. What do Brown and Rick wear on their rite of passage for the cold?
(a) Cutoffs and hats.
(b) Only pants.
(c) Pants and gloves.
(d) Sneakers and cutoffs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown throw at the dogs when they wait for him at the river's bank in "The Dog Tree"?
2. What does Brown see when he tries to trace the tracks of his fight with the Jersey Devil?
3. What does Brown do when he finds the deer in "Night Crawl"?
4. How does Brown react when he thinks he sees the Jersey Devil?
5. What do Brown and Rick name the area of Pine Barrens known for the Jersey Devil?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)