|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Brown and Rick name the area of Pine Barrens known for the Jersey Devil?
(c) Fear Land.
2. What do Brown and Rick call the "dog wars" in "Omen"?
(a) The end of the dogs.
(b) The last great battle.
(c) The war of the Pine Barrens.
(d) Their only hope.
3. How do Brown and Rick help the Scouts during the storm?
(a) They fix the roof to their shelter.
(b) They build a fire.
(c) They sing songs.
(d) They tell funny stories.
4. In "Night Crawl", what happens after Brown and Rick find the rabbit prints?
(a) They see a wolf.
(b) It gets dark.
(c) They lead to nowhere.
(d) Brown gets hungry.
5. What does Stalking Wolf challenge the boys to do in "Jersey Devil"?
(a) Make a new story against the Jersey Devil.
(b) Walk alone through the Jersey Devil's land.
(c) Camp for a week where the Jersey Devil is.
(d) Use the dogs to defeat the Jersey Devil.
6. In "Night Crawl", Brown says it will take about how long before someone comes looking for him?
(a) He isn't sure.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few days.
(d) Within the next week.
7. How long does Stalking Wolf think it will take Brown to be a great tracker?
(a) 15 years.
(b) He was born great.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 years.
8. In "Jersey Devil", what does Brown see when he thinks he sees the Jersey Devil?
(b) A shadow.
(c) A glowing.
(d) A fuzzy shape.
9. What happens during the first week Brown and Rick wait at the Dog Tree in "Omen"?
(a) The dogs are friendly.
(b) Rick gets bored.
(c) No dogs show up.
(d) Only weak dogs show up.
10. What happens when Brown is tracking a fox at night?
(a) He is cut by something sharp.
(b) He becomes snow blind.
(c) He gets lost.
(d) He gets caught in a trap.
11. What does Brown make into a necklace in "Good Medicine Cabin"?
(b) A dog's backbone.
(c) Shark teeth.
(d) Mice skulls.
12. How does Brown rescue Rick from the quick mud?
(a) He jumps in too.
(b) He breaks the suction.
(c) He pulls him out.
(d) He calls for Stalking Wolf.
13. How do Brown and Rick trap the dogs in "Omen"?
(a) With a large cage.
(b) In a pit.
(c) With a snare.
(d) In their cabin.
14. In "Night Crawl", what makes Brown's camping trip so dangerous?
(a) He is alone.
(b) It's on unchartered land.
(c) It's near a wolf den.
(d) He didn't tell Stalking Wolf where he was.
15. In "The Ultimate Track", what does Brown say the best mysteries are?
(a) The mysteries of nature.
(b) The mysteries of sleep.
(c) The mysteries of people.
(d) The mysteries of space.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Night Crawl", when does Brown notice the summer woods to be most lively?
2. Why was Brown attacked by a dog when he was ten?
3. At the end of "Quick Mud", what does Brown say about hot tubs?
4. How does Brown feel after his encounter with the Jersey Devil?
5. What does the Alpha dog do to Brown in "The Dog Tree"?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)