|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brown get his definition of a "holy source?"
(a) Stalking Wolf.
(b) Native Americans.
(c) The Bible.
(d) His mother.
2. What does Brown throw at the dogs when they wait for him at the river's bank in "The Dog Tree"?
3. In "Night Crawl", Brown says it will take about how long before someone comes looking for him?
(a) A few hours.
(b) A few days.
(c) He isn't sure.
(d) Within the next week.
4. Grandfather teaches Brown and Rick how to build a warm place to sleep out of what?
(a) Animal furs.
(c) Pine needles.
(d) Dried grass.
5. Before Brown and Rick set off in "Omen", what does Stalking Wolf tell them about omens?
(a) To believe in them.
(b) To ignore them.
(c) To watch out for them.
(d) To analyze them.
6. What happens when Rick sees a frog eaten by a pickerel?
(a) He yells for joy.
(b) He cries in terror.
(c) He takes a picture.
(d) He falls in a stream.
7. What does Brown tell the rescuers that come in "Chickadee Survival"?
(a) That they want water.
(b) That they need help.
(c) That they think they are lost.
(d) That they are fine.
8. What shape door do Brown and Rick put on their cabin?
9. In "Quick Mud", what does Brown think the people of the town are trapped in?
(a) Dead-end jobs.
(b) Low educational goals.
(c) Life circumstances.
10. In "Chickadee Survival", how do Brown and Rick find the lost 5-year-old boy?
(a) By tracking him.
(b) By bribing the park ranger.
(c) By climbing trees to see farther.
(d) By following a bear.
11. Rick is less of a tracker, and more of a what?
12. What do the Boy Scout leaders think of the coming winter storm?
(a) That it will be mild.
(b) That they should head home right away.
(c) That they will be snowed in.
(d) That it will kill them.
13. In "Omen", how does Stalking Wolf describe the dogs?
14. In "The Ultimate Track", what does Brown say the best mysteries are?
(a) The mysteries of nature.
(b) The mysteries of space.
(c) The mysteries of people.
(d) The mysteries of sleep.
15. In "Chickadee Survival", how do Brown and Rick change with the way they track?
(a) They stop tracking people.
(b) They start to use it to help other people.
(c) They begin to use advanced methods.
(d) They agree to only track on weekends.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Quick Mud", where do Brown and Rick build a bridge?
2. What does Brown see about the dogs after they are trapped in "Omen"?
3. In "Chickadee Survival", what do the Boy Scouts do to prepare for the winter storm?
4. Where is Rick in "The Dog Tree"?
5. What nature guide does Brown buy?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)