|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brown believes that learning the patterns of what animal is "good medicine?"
2. What does Brown tell the rescuers that come in "Chickadee Survival"?
(a) That they need help.
(b) That they want water.
(c) That they are fine.
(d) That they think they are lost.
3. What does Brown make into a necklace in "Good Medicine Cabin"?
(b) Mice skulls.
(c) A dog's backbone.
(d) Shark teeth.
4. What do the Boy Scout leaders think of the coming winter storm?
(a) That it will kill them.
(b) That it will be mild.
(c) That they will be snowed in.
(d) That they should head home right away.
5. What do Brown and Rick compare the animal skulls to that they find?
(b) Pictures in books.
(c) Rocks by the stream.
(d) Their own heads.
6. Where does Brown get his definition of a "holy source?"
(a) Stalking Wolf.
(b) Native Americans.
(c) The Bible.
(d) His mother.
7. In "Night Crawl", when does Brown notice the summer woods to be most lively?
(c) Early afternoon.
8. In "Night Crawl", what happens after Brown and Rick find the rabbit prints?
(a) Brown gets hungry.
(b) They see a wolf.
(c) It gets dark.
(d) They lead to nowhere.
9. What time is it in when Brown is finally able to go home after his tracking adventure at night?
(a) 10 o'clock that night.
(c) 10 o'clock the next morning.
10. What does Brown see about the dogs after they are trapped in "Omen"?
(a) They are lonely.
(b) They are sick.
(c) They are tired.
(d) They are hungry.
11. How does Brown rescue Rick from the quick mud?
(a) He breaks the suction.
(b) He jumps in too.
(c) He pulls him out.
(d) He calls for Stalking Wolf.
12. How long does Stalking Wolf think it will take Brown to be a great tracker?
(a) 10 years.
(b) He was born great.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
13. In "Omen", what do the boys look for in the pit?
14. In "Quick Mud", what does Brown think the people of the town are trapped in?
(a) Life circumstances.
(b) Dead-end jobs.
(d) Low educational goals.
15. In "Go and Ask the Mice", what happened to Stalking Wolf's friend when they were younger?
(a) He moved away.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He disappeared.
(d) He got married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brown decide to not track at night that often?
2. How does Brown try to defeat the Alpha dog in "The Dog Tree"?
3. In "Omen", how does Stalking Wolf describe the dogs?
4. What does Brown do when he finds the deer in "Night Crawl"?
5. In "Chickadee Survival", what do the Boy Scouts do to prepare for the winter storm?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)