|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Chickadee Survival", how do Brown and Rick find the lost 5-year-old boy?
(a) By climbing trees to see farther.
(b) By following a bear.
(c) By bribing the park ranger.
(d) By tracking him.
2. What do Brown and Rick name the area of Pine Barrens known for the Jersey Devil?
(a) Fear Land.
3. When does Stalking Wolf lead the boys on a rite of passage for the cold?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Christmas Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
4. How is Brown able to run away from the dogs in "The Dog Tree"?
(a) By taking off his shoes.
(b) By swinging from tree to tree.
(c) By using his natural speed.
(d) By jumping into the stream.
5. In "The Ultimate Track", what does Brown say the best mysteries are?
(a) The mysteries of space.
(b) The mysteries of people.
(c) The mysteries of nature.
(d) The mysteries of sleep.
6. In "Chickadee Survival", Brown says a person may not know where they are but what?
(a) They are always leaving tracks.
(b) They will be able to call for help.
(c) They will find food.
(d) They are never truly lost.
7. In "Chickadee Survival", how do Brown and Rick change with the way they track?
(a) They agree to only track on weekends.
(b) They stop tracking people.
(c) They begin to use advanced methods.
(d) They start to use it to help other people.
8. How does Brown describe the final effect of his cold training rite of passage?
(a) He never felt the cold again.
(b) He'd always remember to dress warmly.
(c) He would share it with his son one day.
(d) He thinks it was a waste of time.
9. Other than tracking itself, what part of tracking interests Rick and Brown?
(a) Marking trees.
(b) Throwing rocks.
(c) Being alone in the woods.
(d) Animal skulls.
10. Before Brown and Rick set off in "Omen", what does Stalking Wolf tell them about omens?
(a) To analyze them.
(b) To watch out for them.
(c) To believe in them.
(d) To ignore them.
11. Why does Brown think Stalking Wolf is senile at first?
(a) He forgets when he starts fires.
(b) He loses track of the present.
(c) He sleeps during the day.
(d) He rambles about people he's never met.
12. What time is it in when Brown is finally able to go home after his tracking adventure at night?
(a) 10 o'clock that night.
(c) 10 o'clock the next morning.
13. What happens during the first week Brown and Rick wait at the Dog Tree in "Omen"?
(a) The dogs are friendly.
(b) No dogs show up.
(c) Only weak dogs show up.
(d) Rick gets bored.
14. Why does Brown decide to not track at night that often?
(a) It destroys the tracks.
(b) It isn't as much fun as during the day.
(c) It is too difficult.
(d) It is harder to see the animals.
15. What is tracking compared to in "The Ultimate Track"?
(a) Following a string.
(b) Hunting for your life.
(c) Finding a treasure.
(d) Bettering your senses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Brown and Rick wear on their rite of passage for the cold?
2. How does Stalking Wolf describe Brown in the beginning of "Omen"?
3. How is Brown similar to the chickadee in "Chickadee Survival"?
4. How does Stalking Wolf explain stalking at night?
5. In "Omen", what do the boys look for in the pit?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)