|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Brown and Rick call the "dog wars" in "Omen"?
(a) The war of the Pine Barrens.
(b) Their only hope.
(c) The last great battle.
(d) The end of the dogs.
2. How does Brown meet Rick?
(a) Looking for fossils.
(b) Starting a fire.
(c) Building a house.
(d) Making a path.
3. What does Brown tell the rescuers that come in "Chickadee Survival"?
(a) That they think they are lost.
(b) That they need help.
(c) That they are fine.
(d) That they want water.
4. What does Brown do when he finds the deer in "Night Crawl"?
(a) Lies down.
(b) Hides behind a bush.
(c) Pets it.
(d) Goes home.
5. What must Brown and Rick learn to do for birds to eat from their hands?
(a) Dress like a bird.
(b) Trust Stalking Wolf.
(c) Be still.
(d) Smell like a tree.
6. Other than tracking itself, what part of tracking interests Rick and Brown?
(a) Being alone in the woods.
(b) Animal skulls.
(c) Marking trees.
(d) Throwing rocks.
7. In "Chickadee Survival", what do the Boy Scouts do to prepare for the winter storm?
(a) They make hotel reservations.
(b) They collect logs for a fire.
(c) They collect everyone's blankets.
(d) They build a lean-to shack.
8. How is Brown able to run away from the dogs in "The Dog Tree"?
(a) By taking off his shoes.
(b) By using his natural speed.
(c) By jumping into the stream.
(d) By swinging from tree to tree.
9. How old is Brown when he finishes building the Good Medicine Cabin?
10. What does Brown see when he tries to trace the tracks of his fight with the Jersey Devil?
(a) All the tracks have disappeared.
(b) There is a dead deer in the middle of them.
(c) There are three sets of tracks.
(d) There is only one set of tracks.
11. In "Quick Mud", what does Brown think the people of the town are trapped in?
(b) Life circumstances.
(c) Low educational goals.
(d) Dead-end jobs.
12. What does Brown notice about the bark of the tree in "The Dog Tree"?
(a) All the cracks in the bark.
(b) Ants crawling on it.
(c) It is turning green.
(d) It is deseased.
13. Rick is less of a tracker, and more of a what?
14. In "Quick Mud", where do Brown and Rick build a bridge?
(a) Next to the school.
(b) In the neighboring town.
(c) By their cabin.
(d) Near Stalking Wolf's house.
15. In "Omen", what do the boys look for in the pit?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brown react when he thinks he sees the Jersey Devil?
2. In "Night Crawl", what happens after Brown and Rick find the rabbit prints?
3. Why was Brown attacked by a dog when he was ten?
4. Grandfather teaches Brown and Rick how to build a warm place to sleep out of what?
5. When the family gets lost in their car in "Chickadee Survival", why did they drive in circles?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)