|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Ultimate Track", what does Brown say the best mysteries are?
(a) The mysteries of people.
(b) The mysteries of space.
(c) The mysteries of sleep.
(d) The mysteries of nature.
2. What does Mr. Blanchard do to the wild dogs in Pine Barrens?
(a) Trains them.
(b) Shoots them.
(c) Feeds them.
(d) Breeds them.
3. In "Go and Ask the Mice", why do the boys learn to set snares?
(a) To build machines.
(b) To trick other people.
(c) To catch food.
(d) To trap each other.
4. In "Quick Mud", what does Brown think the people of the town are trapped in?
(a) Dead-end jobs.
(b) Low educational goals.
(d) Life circumstances.
5. Why does Brown decide to not track at night that often?
(a) It is too difficult.
(b) It is harder to see the animals.
(c) It destroys the tracks.
(d) It isn't as much fun as during the day.
6. In "Night Crawl", when does Brown notice the summer woods to be most lively?
(a) Early afternoon.
7. Why does Brown think Stalking Wolf is senile at first?
(a) He rambles about people he's never met.
(b) He sleeps during the day.
(c) He forgets when he starts fires.
(d) He loses track of the present.
8. How does Stalking Wolf explain stalking at night?
(a) It is better to wait until morning.
(b) It is done by feeling.
(c) It is done by scent.
(d) It is for masters only.
9. In "Quick Mud", Stalking Wolf says nature will never hurt Brown as long as he does what?
(a) Does not eat animals.
(b) Listens to the breeze.
(c) Prays daily.
(d) Stays calm.
10. In "Chickadee Survival", Brown says a person may not know where they are but what?
(a) They are never truly lost.
(b) They will be able to call for help.
(c) They will find food.
(d) They are always leaving tracks.
11. How does Brown rescue Rick from the quick mud?
(a) He jumps in too.
(b) He pulls him out.
(c) He breaks the suction.
(d) He calls for Stalking Wolf.
12. When does Brown begin to take tracking seriously?
(a) When Rick shows him how to track.
(b) When he turns seven.
(c) When he meets Stalking Wolf.
(d) When his mother pays him for tracking.
13. How long does it take to free Rick from the quick mud?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) One full day.
(d) An hour.
14. In "Omen", what plans do Brown and Rick make?
(a) How to avoid the dogs.
(b) How to build a new cabin.
(c) How to fight the dogs.
(d) How to tame the dogs.
15. In "Night Crawl", Brown says it will take about how long before someone comes looking for him?
(a) A few hours.
(b) He isn't sure.
(c) Within the next week.
(d) A few days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Pine Barrens in?
2. What does Stalking Wolf challenge the boys to do in "Jersey Devil"?
3. What nature guide does Brown buy?
4. Other than tracking itself, what part of tracking interests Rick and Brown?
5. What does one smack during bear smacking?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)