|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of the World, Guardian, Thoreau Summer, and Journeyman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brown find Rick to show him the three beaver skulls in "True Lostness"?
(a) Because Rick likes beaver skulls best.
(b) Because only Rick can understand.
(c) Because Brown wants to show off his find.
(d) Because Brown needs help identifying them.
2. Before Brown and Rick set off in "Omen", what does Stalking Wolf tell them about omens?
(a) To analyze them.
(b) To believe in them.
(c) To ignore them.
(d) To watch out for them.
3. According to Stalking Wolf, what must a person blend with their surroundings if they want to go undetected?
(a) Their energy.
(b) Their faces.
(c) Their soul.
(d) Their voices.
4. In "Night Crawl", when does Brown notice the summer woods to be most lively?
(d) Early afternoon.
5. What do Brown and Rick name the area of Pine Barrens known for the Jersey Devil?
(d) Fear Land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the stories about the Jersey Devil say?
2. Where is Rick in "The Dog Tree"?
3. After making camp in "Thaw", what do Brown and Rick do?
4. How does Brown describe the final effect of his cold training rite of passage?
5. According to Brown in "Thoreau Summer", when will most wild animals attack?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)