|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chickadee Survival and Jersey Devil.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "The Dog Tree", how does Brown get home?
(a) A bus.
(b) He walks.
(c) A boat.
(d) Hitches a ride.
2. In "Chickadee Survival", Brown says a person may not know where they are but what?
(a) They are always leaving tracks.
(b) They will be able to call for help.
(c) They will find food.
(d) They are never truly lost.
3. What does Mr. Blanchard do to the wild dogs in Pine Barrens?
(a) Breeds them.
(b) Feeds them.
(c) Trains them.
(d) Shoots them.
4. In "Night Crawl", Brown says it will take about how long before someone comes looking for him?
(a) Within the next week.
(b) A few days.
(c) He isn't sure.
(d) A few hours.
5. During tracking trips, why does Grandfather remove food and matches?
(a) Because he is angry.
(b) Because he is senile.
(c) To punish the boys.
(d) So the boys can learn to survive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown notice about the bark of the tree in "The Dog Tree"?
2. Where does Brown get his definition of a "holy source?"
3. Brown believes that learning the patterns of what animal is "good medicine?"
4. Grandfather teaches Brown and Rick how to build a warm place to sleep out of what?
5. In "Chickadee Survival", what do the Boy Scouts do to prepare for the winter storm?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)