|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Dog Tree and Omen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one smack during bear smacking?
(a) The bear's head.
(b) The bear's leg.
(c) The bear's tail.
(d) Any part of the bear.
2. What happens when Brown is tracking a fox at night?
(a) He is cut by something sharp.
(b) He gets lost.
(c) He becomes snow blind.
(d) He gets caught in a trap.
3. What does Brown notice about the bark of the tree in "The Dog Tree"?
(a) It is deseased.
(b) All the cracks in the bark.
(c) It is turning green.
(d) Ants crawling on it.
4. What makes Pine Barrens unique?
(a) Parts of it have never been explored.
(b) The number of tiny lakes and streams.
(c) It stays warm all year.
(d) There are no paths through it at all.
5. What nature guide does Brown buy?
(d) National Geographic's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it in when Brown is finally able to go home after his tracking adventure at night?
2. In "Go and Ask the Mice", why do the boys learn to set snares?
3. How does Brown try to defeat the Alpha dog in "The Dog Tree"?
4. In "Quick Mud", Stalking Wolf says nature will never hurt Brown as long as he does what?
5. Where does Brown get his definition of a "holy source?"
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)