|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cold Training and Night Crawl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it in when Brown is finally able to go home after his tracking adventure at night?
(b) 10 o'clock the next morning.
(c) 10 o'clock that night.
2. Why do Brown and Rick grow used to being cold in "Cold Training"?
(a) So they can prove how tough they are.
(b) Because it's winter most of the year in Pine Barrens.
(c) So they can enjoy nature in the winter.
(d) So they can learn to control their body temperature.
3. In "Go and Ask the Mice", why do the boys learn to set snares?
(a) To trick other people.
(b) To catch food.
(c) To trap each other.
(d) To build machines.
4. Why does Brown decide to not track at night that often?
(a) It destroys the tracks.
(b) It isn't as much fun as during the day.
(c) It is too difficult.
(d) It is harder to see the animals.
5. How does Stalking Wolf explain stalking at night?
(a) It is done by feeling.
(b) It is done by scent.
(c) It is better to wait until morning.
(d) It is for masters only.
Short Answer Questions
1. Grandfather teaches Brown and Rick how to build a warm place to sleep out of what?
2. Brown believes that learning the patterns of what animal is "good medicine?"
3. In "Night Crawl", Brown says it will take about how long before someone comes looking for him?
4. How do Brown and Rick describe the "cold wind" in "Cold Training"?
5. What do Brown and Rick eat to celebrate finishing building their cabin?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)