|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The End of the World, Guardian, Thoreau Summer, and Journeyman.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brown say he can "wait it out" in "Night Crawl"?
(a) He has enough supplies.
(b) He was able to build a fire.
(c) He is strong enough.
(d) He is one with nature.
2. In "Chickadee Survival", how do Brown and Rick find the lost 5-year-old boy?
(a) By following a bear.
(b) By bribing the park ranger.
(c) By tracking him.
(d) By climbing trees to see farther.
3. How do Brown and Rick help the Scouts during the storm?
(a) They sing songs.
(b) They fix the roof to their shelter.
(c) They build a fire.
(d) They tell funny stories.
4. Who was Brown an apprentice under?
(a) Stalking Wolf.
(c) His father.
5. In "Chickadee Survival", what do the Boy Scouts do to prepare for the winter storm?
(a) They build a lean-to shack.
(b) They collect logs for a fire.
(c) They make hotel reservations.
(d) They collect everyone's blankets.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Night Crawl", when does Brown notice the summer woods to be most lively?
2. What does Stalking Wolf challenge the boys to do in "Jersey Devil"?
3. How does Brown feel after his encounter with the Jersey Devil?
4. What does the huge Virginia White Tail deer lead Brown to in "Guardian"?
5. How old is Brown in "The Journeyman"?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)