Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delaney overhear Jack, Jr., saying about Mexican girls?
2. What does Kyra give as her main reason for supporting the construction of a stone wall?
3. Why does Kyra pull off the side of the road?
4. Why does Delaney attack the man in the baseball cap?
5. Why doesn't Delaney commit to openly opposing the wall?
Which character in Boyle's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
Boyle's story presents two marriages that appear to be very different from one another. How are the relationships different? How are they the same? Be sure to use specific examples from your reading.
The title of Boyle's work, "The Tortilla Curtain," does not obviously communicate the theme of his book. In your opinion, why does Boyle choose this particular title for his work? What does this title signify? What does it tell readers about the story?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)