|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is América angry with Candidó after he decides to return from Canoga Park to their old campsite?
2. What animal does Candidó tell América they are eating?
3. What change does Candidó notice in América since their return from Canoga Park?
4. Where does Candidó go to clean himself up after he is beaten in Canoga Park?
5. What holiday do Kyra, Delaney, Jordan, and other residents of Arroyo Blanco Estates celebrate together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1América eventually finds work at the labor exchange. What sort of work does she find? Do you think this particular form of work is ironic for América? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2The title of Boyle's work, "The Tortilla Curtain," does not obviously communicate the theme of his book. In your opinion, why does Boyle choose this particular title for his work? What does this title signify? What does it tell readers about the story?
Essay Topic 3How is the sexual assault on América foreshadowed in the earlier part of the book? Do you expect her to be assaulted? Why or why not?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)