|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who notes that Delaney's column has made several people angry?
2. What is the topic of Delaney's column, "Pilgrim at Topanga Creek"?
3. Who extends his hand to lift Delaney to safety from the flood?
4. Why does a woman hit Delaney's car?
5. What does Kyra give Delaney as a surprise gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character in Boyle's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
Essay Topic 2
How is Boyle's story ultimately resolved? Do you think the plot is adequately resolved? In your opinion, what could have been added (or removed) to make it more meaningful?
Essay Topic 3
The wall is a significant part of Boyle's story. What does the wall symbolize? What similarities can you give between the wall and Candidó's qualities?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)