|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the bills Candidó is saving?
2. What does Delaney do when he sees Candidó walking on the side of the road?
3. Who does Delaney decide to follow into the woods?
4. Why does a woman hit Delaney's car?
5. Why does Jack want Delaney and Kyra to get in his car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Boyle's book revolves around ethical and moral issues as well as questions regarding ethical boundaries. What ethical boundaries are breached or broken in this story? Does this happen because of necessity or simple ignorance? Identify one ethical boundary and defend the character's reasoning for breaking it.
Essay Topic 2
Dominick Flood appears in Boyle's story only briefly, yet serves a significant role. Describe Flood's character, his impact on the story, and any irony Boyle uses in writing about Flood.
Essay Topic 3
Boyle's story presents two marriages that appear to be very different from one another. How are the relationships different? How are they the same? Be sure to use specific examples from your reading.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)