|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delaney overhear Jack, Jr., saying about Mexican girls?
2. What does Kyra give as her main reason for supporting the construction of a stone wall?
3. Why does Kyra pull off the side of the road?
4. Why does Delaney attack the man in the baseball cap?
5. Why doesn't Delaney commit to openly opposing the wall?
Essay Topic 1
Dominick Flood appears in Boyle's story only briefly, yet serves a significant role. Describe Flood's character, his impact on the story, and any irony Boyle uses in writing about Flood.
Essay Topic 2
The wall is a significant part of Boyle's story. What does the wall symbolize? What similarities can you give between the wall and Candidó's qualities?
Essay Topic 3
Boyle's story presents two marriages that appear to be very different from one another. How are the relationships different? How are they the same? Be sure to use specific examples from your reading.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)