Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delaney overhear Jack, Jr., saying about Mexican girls?
2. What does Kyra give as her main reason for supporting the construction of a stone wall?
3. Why does Kyra pull off the side of the road?
4. Why does Delaney attack the man in the baseball cap?
5. Why doesn't Delaney commit to openly opposing the wall?
Boyle's book revolves around ethical and moral issues as well as questions regarding ethical boundaries. What ethical boundaries are breached or broken in this story? Does this happen because of necessity or simple ignorance? Identify one ethical boundary and defend the character's reasoning for breaking it.
How do specific characters conform to expectations of those around them in Boyle's story? In what context does this occur? What is the author seeming to say about the impact that conformation may have on relationships between people?
Boyle's story presents two marriages that appear to be very different from one another. How are the relationships different? How are they the same? Be sure to use specific examples from your reading.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)