Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delaney overhear Jack, Jr., saying about Mexican girls?
2. What does Kyra give as her main reason for supporting the construction of a stone wall?
3. Why does Kyra pull off the side of the road?
4. Why does Delaney attack the man in the baseball cap?
5. Why doesn't Delaney commit to openly opposing the wall?
Essay Topic 1
Boyle's book revolves around ethical and moral issues as well as questions regarding ethical boundaries. What ethical boundaries are breached or broken in this story? Does this happen because of necessity or simple ignorance? Identify one ethical boundary and defend the character's reasoning for breaking it.
Essay Topic 2
The coyote reappears numerous times throughout this work. What does the coyote symbolize according to the narrator and to Delaney? How does Delaney's understanding of coyotes also relate to his understanding of Mexican immigrants?
Essay Topic 3
The wall is a significant part of Boyle's story. What does the wall symbolize? What similarities can you give between the wall and Candidó's qualities?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)