Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delaney overhear Jack, Jr., saying about Mexican girls?
2. What does Kyra give as her main reason for supporting the construction of a stone wall?
3. Why does Kyra pull off the side of the road?
4. Why does Delaney attack the man in the baseball cap?
5. Why doesn't Delaney commit to openly opposing the wall?
Compare and contrast the characters of Delaney and Candidó. How are their lives different? How are the characters the same?
How is the sexual assault on América foreshadowed in the earlier part of the book? Do you expect her to be assaulted? Why or why not?
The title of Boyle's work, "The Tortilla Curtain," does not obviously communicate the theme of his book. In your opinion, why does Boyle choose this particular title for his work? What does this title signify? What does it tell readers about the story?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)