|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of the Da Ros home remains intact after the fire?
2. What has happened to Candidó to delay his arrival at Canoga Park?
3. What happens to the bills Candidó is saving?
4. Where does Candidó go to clean himself up after he is beaten in Canoga Park?
5. Which character sets up cameras along the fence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Boyle uses a great deal of imagery in his book, particularly in the final chapters. What specific examples of imagery does Boyle include? How does this imagery add to the readers' experience of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Boyle's story presents two marriages that appear to be very different from one another. How are the relationships different? How are they the same? Be sure to use specific examples from your reading.
Essay Topic 3
Which character in Boyle's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)