|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jordan stay after the attack on the family dog?
2. What does Kyra find in her purse?
3. Why is América angry with Candidó after he decides to return from Canoga Park to their old campsite?
4. Why do Delaney and Kyra go out walking together?
5. What does América decide to name the baby?
Essay Topic 1
Kyra and América are two women in the same town, yet are very different in numerous ways. Compare and contrast the two female characters by using specific examples from Boyle's book.
Essay Topic 2
Critical events in Boyle's story revolve around the Thanksgiving holiday, and the term "pilgrim" is mentioned at least twice throughout the story. Why do you think Boyle chose Thanksgiving and pilgrims in this particular book? What sort of meanings are attached to the terms? How do those meanings relate to the themes of the book?
Essay Topic 3
How is Boyle's story ultimately resolved? Do you think the plot is adequately resolved? In your opinion, what could have been added (or removed) to make it more meaningful?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)