Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delaney overhear Jack, Jr., saying about Mexican girls?
2. What does Kyra give as her main reason for supporting the construction of a stone wall?
3. Why does Kyra pull off the side of the road?
4. Why does Delaney attack the man in the baseball cap?
5. Why doesn't Delaney commit to openly opposing the wall?
Essay Topic 1
The coyote reappears numerous times throughout this work. What does the coyote symbolize according to the narrator and to Delaney? How does Delaney's understanding of coyotes also relate to his understanding of Mexican immigrants?
Essay Topic 2
The wall is a significant part of Boyle's story. What does the wall symbolize? What similarities can you give between the wall and Candidó's qualities?
Essay Topic 3
Candidó experiences flashbacks in this story that refer to his prior experiences with marriage and living in the United States. What do these flashbacks teach us about Candidó? What purpose do the flashbacks serve in the story?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)