|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Candidó not take from homes in Arroyo Blanco Estates?
2. Why doesn't Delaney commit to openly opposing the wall?
3. Why does Kyra pull off the side of the road?
4. Why does Jack want Delaney and Kyra to get in his car?
5. What does Kyra decide she needs to save from the fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The wall is a significant part of Boyle's story. What does the wall symbolize? What similarities can you give between the wall and Candidó's qualities?
Essay Topic 2
Which character in Boyle's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
Essay Topic 3
Candidó experiences flashbacks in this story that refer to his prior experiences with marriage and living in the United States. What do these flashbacks teach us about Candidó? What purpose do the flashbacks serve in the story?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)