|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls 911 when he sees Candidó?
2. What happens to the bills Candidó is saving?
3. What is Darlene supposed to do if Kyra does not call her within fifteen minutes of arriving at the Da Ros place?
4. What does Delaney overhear Jack, Jr., saying about Mexican girls?
5. Who notices first that Socorro may be blind?
Essay Topic 1
Kyra and América are two women in the same town, yet are very different in numerous ways. Compare and contrast the two female characters by using specific examples from Boyle's book.
Essay Topic 2
The title of Boyle's work, "The Tortilla Curtain," does not obviously communicate the theme of his book. In your opinion, why does Boyle choose this particular title for his work? What does this title signify? What does it tell readers about the story?
Essay Topic 3
Which character in Boyle's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)