|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Kyra and Delaney get in an argument?
2. What is Darlene supposed to do if Kyra does not call her within fifteen minutes of arriving at the Da Ros place?
3. What sort of weather does fall bring in Los Angeles, according to the narrator?
4. What happens to the bills Candidó is saving?
5. Delaney, Kit, and Kyra attend a party at whose home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character in Boyle's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
Essay Topic 2
Boyle's story presents two marriages that appear to be very different from one another. How are the relationships different? How are they the same? Be sure to use specific examples from your reading.
Essay Topic 3
Dominick Flood appears in Boyle's story only briefly, yet serves a significant role. Describe Flood's character, his impact on the story, and any irony Boyle uses in writing about Flood.
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)