|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the newborn baby not considered a citizen of the United States?
(a) The baby's parents are both American.
(b) There is no birth certificate.
(c) The baby was born just across the border in Mexico.
(d) The staff at the hospital refused to grant the baby citizenship.
2. Who canvasses the neighborhood with Kyra?
3. Where do Kit, Kyra, and Delaney go after they hear that a fire has broken out?
(a) Home to check on Jordan.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To the basement.
(d) To the canyon.
4. Which characters are carried away by the water down the hillside?
(a) Jack, Jr., Dominick Flood, and Delaney.
(b) Delaney, Candidó, and Jack Jardine.
(c) Delaney, Kyra, and Jordan.
(d) Candidó, América, and Socorro.
5. Who does Delaney tell police are probably responsible for starting the fire?
(a) Kyra and Kit.
(b) Jack Jardine, Jr.
(c) Candidó and América.
(d) Two Mexicans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jordan stay with during the party?
2. What does Delaney overhear Jack, Jr., saying about Mexican girls?
3. Where does Candidó build a shelter for his family?
4. For one of his columns, Delaney decides to write about _______________ and turkey vultures.
5. What makes América so happy that she does not notice the fire?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)