|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Candidó to delay his arrival at Canoga Park?
(a) He had to go to the hospital.
(b) He has been beaten and robbed.
(c) He got drunk.
(d) He has become very ill.
2. Delaney, Kit, and Kyra attend a party at whose home?
(b) Dominick Flood's.
(c) Osbert Mossbacher's.
(d) Jack Jardine's.
3. Why doesn't Delaney commit to openly opposing the wall?
(a) He is the chairman of the property owner's association.
(b) His job depends on supporting its construction.
(c) He is afraid of what Kyra will say or do.
(d) He secretly believes the wall would be a positive change.
4. Where does Candidó build a shelter for his family?
(a) In the brush below the fence surrounding Arroyo Blanco Estates.
(b) In a junkyard full of old cars.
(c) Between two dumpsters behind a convenience store.
(d) In the newly-burned section of the woods.
5. What is Candidó given by two English-speaking men?
(a) A house.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A car.
(d) A crib for the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Delaney tell police are probably responsible for starting the fire?
2. Why is the newborn baby not considered a citizen of the United States?
3. What is Darlene supposed to do if Kyra does not call her within fifteen minutes of arriving at the Da Ros place?
4. Who notices first that Socorro may be blind?
5. What does Delaney do when he sees Candidó walking on the side of the road?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)