|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives América a cup of coffee?
(d) The light-skinned Mexican.
2. Who chooses Candidó for work?
(a) No one.
(c) Jack Jardine.
(d) América's father.
3. What is Delaney Mossbacher's occupation?
(c) He is unemployed.
4. Who or what is watching América from the brush near the campsite?
(a) A litter of cats and their mother.
(c) A coyote.
(d) A group of young children.
5. Who approaches América and tells her that she is looking for cleaning work?
(a) Her long lost sister.
(c) A white lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injuries does the person Delaney hit with his car suffer?
2. What does Candidó do to protect his family from the attackers?
3. What does Delaney see near the creek in the canyon?
4. What does América request from her employer?
5. What does Candidó buy for himself with some of his earnings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Candidó in the parking lot of the Chinese grocery?
2. What is the general message of Delaney's column, "Pilgrim at Topanga Creek"?
3. What does Delaney think happened to his car while he is hiking?
4. Why does Kyra begin sleeping in Jordan's bedroom?
5. What do Delaney and Jack Jardine argue about at the supermarket?
6. What sort of interactions occur in the car between América and the fat man?
7. What does Delaney overhear at the Arroyo Blanco Estates community center?
8. Why does Candidó think América needs more protein? How does he make sure she gets enough protein?
9. What is Delaney's response to Kyra's report that she called the police about the group of Mexicans outside the convenience store?
10. Describe the first interaction between Delaney and Candidó.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)