|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Delaney tell police are probably responsible for starting the fire?
(a) Jack Jardine, Jr.
(b) Kyra and Kit.
(c) Two Mexicans.
(d) Candidó and América.
2. What does Kyra find in her purse?
(a) Keys to her new home.
(b) A picture and a note from América.
(c) Dominick Flood's ankle bracelet.
(d) A wad of money from Candidó.
3. Which of the following homes is burned in the fire?
(a) Candidós apartment.
(b) Kyra and Delaney's house.
(c) The Da Ros place.
(d) Dominick Flood's home.
4. What is Kit's relationship to Kyra?
(a) Kit is Kyra's daughter.
(b) Kit is Kyra's sister.
(c) Kit is Kyra's cousin.
(d) Kit is Kyra's mother.
5. Why does Delaney attack the man in the baseball cap?
(a) The man spit on Delaney.
(b) The man tried to assault Delaney's wife.
(c) The man tries to steal Delaney's wallet.
(d) The man intentionally built the wall in Delaney's backyard poorly.
6. Which character sets up cameras along the fence?
(d) Jack, Jr.
7. What does Delaney do to the incriminating pictures of the people who spray-painted the gate?
(a) Destroys them.
(b) Turns them into the local police.
(c) Photocopies them.
(d) Gives them to the people in the picture.
8. Who is Todd Sweet?
(a) Candidó's landlord.
(b) An opposer of the proposed wall.
(c) Kyra's boyfriend.
(d) Delaney's cousin, who is also a writer.
9. Who canvasses the neighborhood with Kyra?
10. Why do Kyra and Delaney get in an argument?
(a) Neither one wants to cook dinner.
(b) Their children fight each other.
(c) Delaney disapproves of the wall.
(d) Kyra purposefully has Delaney fired.
11. Who does Delaney decide to follow into the woods?
(b) The woman who hit his car.
(d) The stray dog.
12. What does Delaney do when he sees Candidó walking on the side of the road?
(a) He speeds up and tries to hit him.
(b) He yells obscenities at Candidó before he drives away.
(c) He gets out of his car and assaults him.
(d) He pulls over to the curb.
13. What does América decide to name the baby?
14. What does Kyra decide she needs to save from the fire?
(a) Photo albums.
(b) Real estate documents.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Clothing and toiletries.
15. What starts the fire?
(a) Candidó's match.
(b) The narrator doesn't seem to know.
(c) Hot oil from the fire.
(d) Delaney's cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who extends his hand to lift Delaney to safety from the flood?
2. Delaney, Kit, and Kyra attend a party at whose home?
3. Why is América angry with Candidó after he decides to return from Canoga Park to their old campsite?
4. What change does Candidó notice in América since their return from Canoga Park?
5. What does Candidó decide to do with the cat?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)