|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jordan stay after the attack on the family dog?
(a) Under his parents' bed.
(b) Delaney's apartment.
(c) His grandmother's house.
(d) In his closet.
2. What is Kyra's relationship to Darlene?
(a) Darlene is Kyra's mother.
(b) They are sisters.
(c) They both work at the same office.
(d) They join the same yoga class.
3. Delaney, Kit, and Kyra attend a party at whose home?
(a) Dominick Flood's.
(c) Jack Jardine's.
(d) Osbert Mossbacher's.
4. What has happened to Candidó to delay his arrival at Canoga Park?
(a) He has become very ill.
(b) He had to go to the hospital.
(c) He got drunk.
(d) He has been beaten and robbed.
5. What holiday do Kyra, Delaney, Jordan, and other residents of Arroyo Blanco Estates celebrate together?
(a) Easter Sunday.
(b) Labor Day.
(c) Independence Day.
6. What does Delaney do to the incriminating pictures of the people who spray-painted the gate?
(a) Gives them to the people in the picture.
(b) Destroys them.
(c) Turns them into the local police.
(d) Photocopies them.
7. Which characters are carried away by the water down the hillside?
(a) Candidó, América, and Socorro.
(b) Delaney, Kyra, and Jordan.
(c) Jack, Jr., Dominick Flood, and Delaney.
(d) Delaney, Candidó, and Jack Jardine.
8. How long does América wait for Candidó in Canoga Park?
(a) Six hours.
(b) An hour.
(c) Five minutes.
(d) Two days.
9. What happens to the bills Candidó is saving?
(a) He lost them in the river when he fell in.
(b) It burned in the fire.
(c) Someone mugged Candidó and stole his wallet.
(d) Someone stole it while Candidó was sleeping.
10. Why is the newborn baby not considered a citizen of the United States?
(a) The baby was born just across the border in Mexico.
(b) The baby's parents are both American.
(c) The staff at the hospital refused to grant the baby citizenship.
(d) There is no birth certificate.
11. Why doesn't Delaney commit to openly opposing the wall?
(a) He secretly believes the wall would be a positive change.
(b) He is afraid of what Kyra will say or do.
(c) His job depends on supporting its construction.
(d) He is the chairman of the property owner's association.
12. Which part of the Da Ros home remains intact after the fire?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) None of it.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The garage.
13. Why does Delaney attack the man in the baseball cap?
(a) The man tries to steal Delaney's wallet.
(b) The man spit on Delaney.
(c) The man intentionally built the wall in Delaney's backyard poorly.
(d) The man tried to assault Delaney's wife.
14. Where does América tell Candidó she wants to move?
(a) New York City.
15. Where do Kit, Kyra, and Delaney go after they hear that a fire has broken out?
(a) To the canyon.
(b) To the beach.
(c) Home to check on Jordan.
(d) To the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Candidó not take from homes in Arroyo Blanco Estates?
2. Why does Delaney let a Mexican work crew into his yard?
3. What has América eaten instead of protein?
4. Which character sets up cameras along the fence?
5. Which of the following characters says the fence surrounding Arroyo Blanco Estates makes her feel safer?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)