|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Candidó is walking toward the Italian market?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) He is almost hit by a car.
(c) His daughter is born.
(d) A coyote attacks him.
2. Why does Delaney attack the man in the baseball cap?
(a) The man intentionally built the wall in Delaney's backyard poorly.
(b) The man tries to steal Delaney's wallet.
(c) The man tried to assault Delaney's wife.
(d) The man spit on Delaney.
3. What has happened to Candidó to delay his arrival at Canoga Park?
(a) He has become very ill.
(b) He got drunk.
(c) He had to go to the hospital.
(d) He has been beaten and robbed.
4. What does Delaney retrieve from his home before searching for Candidó?
(a) His baseball bat and some darts.
(b) A flashlight and a gun.
(c) His cell phone and a frying pan.
(d) A can of spray paint.
5. Why does a woman hit Delaney's car?
(a) Candidó walks in front of her while she is driving.
(b) Delaney makes a sudden stop and she rear-ends him.
(c) She has been drinking.
(d) She thinks she sees a deer.
6. Why doesn't Delaney commit to openly opposing the wall?
(a) He is the chairman of the property owner's association.
(b) He secretly believes the wall would be a positive change.
(c) He is afraid of what Kyra will say or do.
(d) His job depends on supporting its construction.
7. Who gets angry when Delaney jokes about the Thanksgiving turkey?
(c) Jack Jardine.
8. What is Darlene supposed to do if Kyra does not call her within fifteen minutes of arriving at the Da Ros place?
(a) Come find her.
(b) Call 911.
(c) Call Delaney.
9. Who is Todd Sweet?
(a) Delaney's cousin, who is also a writer.
(b) Kyra's boyfriend.
(c) An opposer of the proposed wall.
(d) Candidó's landlord.
10. Why does Delaney let a Mexican work crew into his yard?
(a) To repair the siding on his home.
(b) To give them a place to hide.
(c) To build part of the wall.
(d) To landscape the backyard.
11. Who does Jordan stay with during the party?
(b) His grandmother.
(c) No one.
(d) His mom and dad.
12. Why does Jack want Delaney and Kyra to get in his car?
(a) To show them his new car.
(b) To show them the graffiti on the front gate.
(c) To drive them to the restaurant where his wife is waiting.
(d) To drive them to Candidó's house.
13. Which of the following homes is burned in the fire?
(a) Candidós apartment.
(b) Kyra and Delaney's house.
(c) The Da Ros place.
(d) Dominick Flood's home.
14. Where do Kit, Kyra, and Delaney go after they hear that a fire has broken out?
(a) Home to check on Jordan.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To the basement.
(d) To the canyon.
15. Who does Delaney decide to follow into the woods?
(b) The stray dog.
(c) The woman who hit his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose face appears on the camera film set up near the gate?
2. Where does América tell Candidó she wants to move?
3. What change does Candidó notice in América since their return from Canoga Park?
4. What does Kyra find in her purse?
5. What does Candidó decide to do with the cat?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)