|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Delaney receive for free at the grocery store?
(b) A turkey.
(c) A suitcase.
2. Which of the following characters has a darkroom?
(c) Jack Cherrystone.
(d) Jack Jardine.
3. Why do Kyra and Delaney get in an argument?
(a) Neither one wants to cook dinner.
(b) Their children fight each other.
(c) Delaney disapproves of the wall.
(d) Kyra purposefully has Delaney fired.
4. Who does Kyra complain to about the squatters?
(a) No one.
(d) The Sheriff's Department.
5. What change does Candidó notice in América since their return from Canoga Park?
(a) She is more motivated to tend to housekeeping duties.
(b) She becomes depressed.
(c) She seems to enjoy spending time with him.
(d) She becomes obsessed with bathing.
6. What sort of weather does fall bring in Los Angeles, according to the narrator?
(a) Hot and dry.
(b) Humid and sticky.
(c) Cool and pleasant.
(d) Rainy and cool.
7. Where does Jordan stay after the attack on the family dog?
(a) In his closet.
(b) Delaney's apartment.
(c) Under his parents' bed.
(d) His grandmother's house.
8. What happens to the bills Candidó is saving?
(a) Someone stole it while Candidó was sleeping.
(b) It burned in the fire.
(c) He lost them in the river when he fell in.
(d) Someone mugged Candidó and stole his wallet.
9. Why does a woman hit Delaney's car?
(a) She has been drinking.
(b) Candidó walks in front of her while she is driving.
(c) She thinks she sees a deer.
(d) Delaney makes a sudden stop and she rear-ends him.
10. Why does Jack want Delaney and Kyra to get in his car?
(a) To drive them to Candidó's house.
(b) To drive them to the restaurant where his wife is waiting.
(c) To show them the graffiti on the front gate.
(d) To show them his new car.
11. Why do Delaney and Kyra go out walking together?
(a) To search for Dame Edna.
(b) To patrol the area for Mexicans.
(c) To share cookies with the neighbors.
(d) To share important things about their day.
12. Why does Delaney's column anger readers?
(a) He criticized the homes of his neighbors.
(b) The column argued for deportation of Mexican immigrants.
(c) He revealed secrets about Arroyo Blanco Estates.
(d) They thought he was advocating for population control.
13. Which part of the Da Ros home remains intact after the fire?
(a) None of it.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The garage.
(d) The kitchen.
14. What is Candidó given by two English-speaking men?
(a) A crib for the baby.
(b) A house.
(c) A turkey.
(d) A car.
15. Why does Delaney attack the man in the baseball cap?
(a) The man spit on Delaney.
(b) The man tries to steal Delaney's wallet.
(c) The man intentionally built the wall in Delaney's backyard poorly.
(d) The man tried to assault Delaney's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Candidó to delay his arrival at Canoga Park?
2. Where does América tell Candidó she wants to move?
3. What does Delaney do when he sees Candidó walking on the side of the road?
4. Who or what enters the shed just as América is about to give birth?
5. What does Kyra find in her purse?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)