|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kyra have difficulty selling the Da Ros house?
(a) She believes it is haunted.
(b) She knows that Mexicans are living in the basement.
(c) She does not see anything special about it.
(d) She has grown attached to it.
2. Who does Delaney run into at the store while shopping for dinner?
(b) Al Lopez.
(d) Jack Jardine.
3. What does América bring to Candidó when she returns home?
(a) Good news.
(b) A new dog.
(c) Rotten fruits and vegetables.
(d) A wad of cash.
4. Who does Delaney call from Li's Market?
(b) His father.
5. How many hours each day does Delaney devote to his work?
(d) Twelve to fifteen.
6. What does Candidó consider stealing out of a car when he becomes angry?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A stereo system.
(c) A purse and briefcase.
(d) A baby.
7. Where do Candidó and América store their savings?
(a) In a package of opened tortillas.
(b) Under a home in Arroyo Blanco Estates.
(c) In América's braid.
(d) In the cuff of Candidó's pants.
8. Which of the following describes the appearance of the homes in Arroyo Blanco Estates?
(a) Multicolored with eclectic design.
(b) There are no homes in Arroyo Blanco Estates.
(c) White with an orange roof.
(d) Rundown and empty.
9. What does América's new job consist of?
(a) Serving food in a restaurant.
(b) Washing cars.
(c) Caring for two toddlers.
(d) Polishing Buddha statues.
10. Who is Dominick Flood?
(a) Delaney's real estate agent.
(b) The man responsible for the death of the neighborhood dogs.
(c) Jack's client who is under house arrest for banking crimes.
(d) The local police chief.
11. What causes Candidó's first marriage to end?
(a) His first wife died suddenly.
(b) He leaves her when he moves to the United States.
(c) He beats his wife mercilessly.
(d) His wife was sleeping with someone else.
12. Delaney has a flashback to a party held where, two nights earlier?
(a) Dominick Flood's house.
(b) The clubhouse.
(c) The Da Ros mansion.
(d) Candidó's campsite.
13. Where does Candidó look for América after her first day of work?
(a) At the library.
(b) At the coffee shop.
(c) In an Italian grocery store.
(d) In the river.
14. Which of the following is NOT one of the objections residents have about building a security gate?
(a) The cost of building a gate.
(b) The loss of living in an open community.
(c) The risk of thieves entering homes through garage doors.
(d) The impression the community may give to Mexicans.
15. Which of the following best characterizes the conversation Delaney has with the person he encounters on the trail?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the labor exchange torn down?
2. What does Candidó do to protect his family from the attackers?
3. Where do Delaney and his wife live?
4. What does Delaney see on his walk through Arroyo Blanco?
5. To whom does Kyra show the Da Ros mansion?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)