|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inside the bag the accident victim carries?
(d) A baby.
2. Where does Candidó look for América after her first day of work?
(a) At the coffee shop.
(b) At the library.
(c) In the river.
(d) In an Italian grocery store.
3. Who is América's coworker?
(b) A drunken white woman.
(c) Her daughter.
4. Who does Candidó pray to when he hears people coming to his campsite?
(a) His dead wife.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) His dead mother.
(d) Virgin Sagrada.
5. What is the topic of discussion at the party in Delaney's neighborhood?
(a) Recent crimes in the neighborhood.
(b) The local public high school.
(c) The flu epidemic going around.
(d) The unusually rainy weather.
6. Who does Kyra find inside the Da Ros mansion?
(a) Delaney and another woman.
(b) Two Mexican men.
(d) Jack Jardine.
7. Where does Delaney meet Kyra for lunch?
(a) A diner on the beach.
(b) The town's only Mexican restaurant.
(c) An Indian restaurant.
(d) The country club.
8. What happens to Candidó when he drinks the dirty water?
(a) He gets an upset stomach.
(b) He never drinks dirty water.
(c) He has hallucinations.
(d) His thirst is satiated.
9. Who eventually hires América for housecleaning work?
(a) Jack Cherrystone.
(b) A fat man with a big car.
(d) Jack Jardine.
10. Where does Candidó decide to look for work after the labor exchange has been torn down?
(b) Kyra's neighborhood.
(c) Canoga Park.
(d) The grocery store.
11. Who does Candidó think América resembles?
(a) His mother.
(b) Her older sister.
(c) A goddess.
(d) The Statue of Liberty.
12. What is Kyra's profession?
13. Which of the following best characterizes the conversation Delaney has with the person he encounters on the trail?
14. Where do Candidó and América store their savings?
(a) In the cuff of Candidó's pants.
(b) In a package of opened tortillas.
(c) In América's braid.
(d) Under a home in Arroyo Blanco Estates.
15. How long does América work on her first day?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Eight hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Delaney see on his walk through Arroyo Blanco?
2. Who is Dominick Flood?
3. How much does the man with a ponytail charge Candidó for staying in a room for two nights?
4. Who fixes Delaney's car?
5. Where does América go to seek work?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)