|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Delaney meet Kyra for lunch?
(a) An Indian restaurant.
(b) The town's only Mexican restaurant.
(c) The country club.
(d) A diner on the beach.
2. What does Delaney give to the person he hits?
(a) Tortillas and eggs.
(d) Twenty dollars.
3. Who or what is watching América from the brush near the campsite?
(b) A coyote.
(c) A group of young children.
(d) A litter of cats and their mother.
4. Where does Delaney go to get a new car?
(a) The Acura dealership.
(b) He doesn't get a car.
(c) A used car lot.
5. What is inside the bag the accident victim carries?
(a) A baby.
6. Who is América's coworker?
(b) Her daughter.
(d) A drunken white woman.
7. What does América request from her employer?
(a) Rent money.
(c) An advance on her salary.
(d) A drink of water.
8. Why does Kyra decide she will call INS on the Mexican men at the convenience store?
(a) They acted inappropriately toward her.
(b) They are all drunk.
(c) She saw one of them stealing.
(d) She believes they contribute to declining home prices.
9. Who does Delaney run into at the store while shopping for dinner?
(a) Al Lopez.
(c) Jack Jardine.
10. What happens to Candidó when he is captured by INS agents?
(a) He was deported to Mexico.
(b) He is hit by a car and fakes his own death.
(c) He was badly injured by the agents and featured in a story in the local newspaper.
(d) He runs through traffic and goes back to Mexico.
11. Why does Kyra have difficulty selling the Da Ros house?
(a) She believes it is haunted.
(b) She does not see anything special about it.
(c) She knows that Mexicans are living in the basement.
(d) She has grown attached to it.
12. Where do Delaney and his wife live?
(a) San Juan.
(b) Casa del Sol.
(c) Arroyo Blanco Estates.
(d) San Francisco.
13. How does Candidó know his wife has been attacked?
(a) She has welts on her.
(b) She is bleeding profusely.
(c) She tells him.
(d) She has frightening nightmares.
14. What does the sign in front of the labor exchange say?
(a) GO BACK HOME.
(b) NO TRESPASSING.
(c) NO MEXICANS ALLOWED.
15. What kind of car does Delaney drive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Candidó decide to look for work after the labor exchange has been torn down?
2. What is Delaney hiding in his pocket during the community gathering?
3. What time of day does the labor exchange close?
4. Who presides over the meeting at the Arroyo Blanco Community Center?
5. What does Delaney see near the creek in the canyon?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)