|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Candidó when he drinks the dirty water?
(a) He never drinks dirty water.
(b) His thirst is satiated.
(c) He gets an upset stomach.
(d) He has hallucinations.
2. What happens to Candidó when he is captured by INS agents?
(a) He was deported to Mexico.
(b) He is hit by a car and fakes his own death.
(c) He was badly injured by the agents and featured in a story in the local newspaper.
(d) He runs through traffic and goes back to Mexico.
3. Where does Delaney go after he hits the person with his car?
(b) Trailer park.
(d) Recycling center.
4. What does América request from her employer?
(a) Rent money.
(b) An advance on her salary.
(c) A drink of water.
5. What does Delaney give to the person he hits?
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Tortillas and eggs.
6. What does the sign in front of the labor exchange say?
(b) NO TRESPASSING.
(c) NO MEXICANS ALLOWED.
(d) GO BACK HOME.
7. Who does Candidó pray to when he hears people coming to his campsite?
(a) His dead wife.
(b) Virgin Sagrada.
(c) His dead mother.
(d) Jesus Christ.
8. Dominick Flood reports that he will arrange to close what facility?
(a) The labor exchange.
(b) The local health department.
(c) The public high school mostly attended by Mexicans.
(d) The local fast food restaurant.
9. Why does Kyra have difficulty selling the Da Ros house?
(a) She believes it is haunted.
(b) She has grown attached to it.
(c) She does not see anything special about it.
(d) She knows that Mexicans are living in the basement.
10. What does Delaney do after lunch with Kyra?
(a) Writes a column.
(b) Trades in his old car for a new one.
(c) Drives to the ocean for a hike.
(d) Considers leaving his family.
11. Where does Delaney go to get a new car?
(a) A used car lot.
(c) He doesn't get a car.
(d) The Acura dealership.
12. In what languages does Delaney speak to the accident victim?
(a) Sign language and spoken English.
(b) English and French.
(c) Portuguese and Mandarin.
(d) Spanish and English.
13. Which of the following would Kyra like to live in someday?
(b) The Da Ros mansion.
(c) The Manzoob house.
(d) Arroyo Blanco Estates.
14. What time of day does the labor exchange close?
(c) Five o'clock.
15. Who does Delaney run into at the store while shopping for dinner?
(a) Jack Jardine.
(b) Al Lopez.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what situation does Kyra first see Candidó?
2. According to one resident, three Mexicans disguised themselves as what to get past the gate of Arroyo Blanco Estates?
3. What does Delaney notice after his hike?
4. Where does Candidó decide to look for work after the labor exchange has been torn down?
5. With what does Candidó build their new shelter?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)