|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Delaney give to the person he hits?
(b) Tortillas and eggs.
(d) Twenty dollars.
2. How long does Candidó work for Al Lopez before he is replaced?
(a) One day.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Candidó never worked for Al Lopez.
3. Whose death does the accident victim hallucinate about?
(b) His unborn child's.
(c) His mother's.
(d) His own.
4. Of what does Delaney accuse Jack Jardine as they discuss the security gate?
(a) Being overly dramatic.
(b) Being a racist.
(c) Being too dense.
(d) Being too sensitive and compassionate.
5. How long ago does Candidó remember being in Arroyo Blanco Estates?
(a) Thirty years ago, as a young child.
(b) A lifetime ago.
(c) He has never been to Arroyo Blanco Estates.
(d) Six years ago.
6. How much money does the woman give to Candidó in the parking lot of the Chinese store?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) A check for five hundred dollars.
(c) She doesn't give him anything.
(d) Sixty cents.
7. What is inside the bag the accident victim carries?
(a) A baby.
8. Who makes up the rest of Delaney's household?
(a) Kyra and Jordan.
(b) Jack and Doris.
(c) Kyra and Kit.
(d) Al and Kit.
9. Why does Kyra have difficulty selling the Da Ros house?
(a) She believes it is haunted.
(b) She knows that Mexicans are living in the basement.
(c) She has grown attached to it.
(d) She does not see anything special about it.
10. How much does América make per hour?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) One dollar.
(c) About four dollars.
(d) The employer is not clear about wages.
11. Which character has severe nightmares?
(a) Jack, Jr.
12. What kind of car does Delaney drive?
13. Where do Delaney and his wife live?
(a) San Juan.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) Arroyo Blanco Estates.
(d) Casa del Sol.
14. What does the man in the parking lot do to Candidó?
(a) Stabs him with a pencil.
(b) Punches him in the face.
(c) Shoves him onto Delaney's car.
(d) Threatens to kill him with a knife.
15. What is Delaney Mossbacher's occupation?
(d) He is unemployed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does América go to seek work?
2. What time of day does the labor exchange close?
3. Which of the following would Kyra like to live in someday?
4. Who flatters Delaney by praising his magazine column?
5. How does Kyra recognize Candidó?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)