|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches América and tells her that she is looking for cleaning work?
(b) Her long lost sister.
(c) A white lady.
2. Who does América encounter on the trail to her campsite?
(a) Kyra and Jordan.
(b) Candidó and Delaney.
(c) Jack Jardine and Jack, Jr.
(d) The light-skinned Mexican and his friend.
3. What does Delaney do while Kyra is swimming?
(a) Write a letter to Candidó.
(b) Mow the yard.
(c) Cook tofu.
(d) Call the police.
4. Who or what is watching América from the brush near the campsite?
(a) A litter of cats and their mother.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A group of young children.
5. What is characteristic of the man Delaney sees in the parking lot?
(a) He has sideburns.
(b) He has red hair.
(c) He is Mexican with blue eyes.
(d) He is dressed very nicely.
6. What is Kyra wearing when Delaney returns home from his walk around Arroyo Blanco in the evening?
(b) An evening gown.
(c) A trenchcoat and boots.
(d) Sweats and a t-shirt.
7. How much money does Candidó make the first day of working for Al Lopez?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) He is paid in food and alcohol.
8. How does Candidó know his wife has been attacked?
(a) She tells him.
(b) She has frightening nightmares.
(c) She has welts on her.
(d) She is bleeding profusely.
9. What does Delaney see near the creek in the canyon?
(b) Dead coyotes.
(c) Sleeping bags and magazines.
(d) Old treehouses.
10. Why does Kyra become upset outside the restaurant when she goes to meet Delaney for lunch?
(a) She sees a dog locked in a car.
(b) She is upset about her car.
(c) Delaney does not hug her.
(d) A thunderstorm is coming.
11. How much money does the woman give to Candidó in the parking lot of the Chinese store?
(a) A check for five hundred dollars.
(b) Sixty cents.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) She doesn't give him anything.
12. Who does Kyra find inside the Da Ros mansion?
(a) Delaney and another woman.
(c) Two Mexican men.
(d) Jack Jardine.
13. Why is Kyra dissatisfied with her appearance?
(a) She thinks her feet are too big.
(b) She thinks her hair is too dull.
(c) She thinks her nose is too red.
(d) She thinks her eyes are too small.
14. What does Candidó buy for himself with some of his earnings?
(a) Takeout from a Mexican restaurant.
(b) A used car.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A baseball cap.
15. Where does Delaney go to get a new car?
(a) The Acura dealership.
(b) He doesn't get a car.
(c) A used car lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What parts of the car are damaged?
2. Who chooses Candidó for work?
3. In what situation does Kyra first see Candidó?
4. What does América bring to Candidó when she returns home?
5. With what does Candidó build their new shelter?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)