|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Candidó decide to look for work after the labor exchange has been torn down?
(a) Kyra's neighborhood.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) Canoga Park.
2. How long does Candidó work for Al Lopez before he is replaced?
(a) Candidó never worked for Al Lopez.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One day.
(d) Two years.
3. How much does América make per hour?
(a) About four dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) The employer is not clear about wages.
(d) One dollar.
4. What happens to Candidó when he is captured by INS agents?
(a) He is hit by a car and fakes his own death.
(b) He runs through traffic and goes back to Mexico.
(c) He was deported to Mexico.
(d) He was badly injured by the agents and featured in a story in the local newspaper.
5. Who does América encounter on the trail to her campsite?
(a) Kyra and Jordan.
(b) The light-skinned Mexican and his friend.
(c) Candidó and Delaney.
(d) Jack Jardine and Jack, Jr.
6. Who or what reportedly attacks Sunny DiMandia?
(a) Delaney's dog.
7. What is Delaney Mossbacher's occupation?
(a) He is unemployed.
8. Why does Kyra become upset outside the restaurant when she goes to meet Delaney for lunch?
(a) She sees a dog locked in a car.
(b) Delaney does not hug her.
(c) She is upset about her car.
(d) A thunderstorm is coming.
9. Who eventually hires América for housecleaning work?
(a) A fat man with a big car.
(c) Jack Cherrystone.
(d) Jack Jardine.
10. What does Delaney see on his walk through Arroyo Blanco?
(a) A car with tinted windows.
(b) The person he hit with his car.
(c) Dead dogs.
(d) A pack of coyotes.
11. Osbert is what type of animal?
12. What parts of the car are damaged?
(a) Both back tires.
(b) Both headlights.
(c) Steering wheel and dashboard.
(d) Headlight and turn signal.
13. Who is Dominick Flood?
(a) Delaney's real estate agent.
(b) Jack's client who is under house arrest for banking crimes.
(c) The man responsible for the death of the neighborhood dogs.
(d) The local police chief.
14. What does Candidó do to protect his family from the attackers?
(a) He buys a handgun.
(b) He reports them to the police.
(c) He trains a pack of wild coyotes.
(d) He finds an isolated area to live.
15. What does América bring to Candidó when she returns home?
(a) Good news.
(b) Rotten fruits and vegetables.
(c) A new dog.
(d) A wad of cash.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours each day does Delaney devote to his work?
2. Who does Delaney see on the trail?
3. What does the sign in front of the labor exchange say?
4. What does Delaney do after lunch with Kyra?
5. What injuries does the person Delaney hit with his car suffer?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)