|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Delaney see on his walk through Arroyo Blanco?
(a) Dead dogs.
(b) A pack of coyotes.
(c) The person he hit with his car.
(d) A car with tinted windows.
2. Who does Delaney hit with his car?
3. What does Candidó swear he will do to the two men who attacked his wife?
(a) Hug them.
(b) Hire other men to assault them.
(c) Hold them at gunpoint and demand they give him money.
(d) Kill them.
4. What is the topic of discussion at the party in Delaney's neighborhood?
(a) The flu epidemic going around.
(b) The unusually rainy weather.
(c) The local public high school.
(d) Recent crimes in the neighborhood.
5. What is Delaney Mossbacher's occupation?
(c) He is unemployed.
6. Who makes up the rest of Delaney's household?
(a) Al and Kit.
(b) Jack and Doris.
(c) Kyra and Jordan.
(d) Kyra and Kit.
7. What happens to Candidó when he is captured by INS agents?
(a) He was badly injured by the agents and featured in a story in the local newspaper.
(b) He is hit by a car and fakes his own death.
(c) He was deported to Mexico.
(d) He runs through traffic and goes back to Mexico.
8. What does Delaney do while Kyra is swimming?
(a) Mow the yard.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Write a letter to Candidó.
(d) Cook tofu.
9. Of what does Delaney accuse Jack Jardine as they discuss the security gate?
(a) Being too dense.
(b) Being overly dramatic.
(c) Being too sensitive and compassionate.
(d) Being a racist.
10. What jerks Delaney out of his flashback?
(a) A sudden thunderstorm.
(b) A coyote capturing the family dog.
(c) His wife crying for help from the swimming pool.
(d) The food on the grill burning.
11. Dominick Flood reports that he will arrange to close what facility?
(a) The public high school mostly attended by Mexicans.
(b) The local health department.
(c) The labor exchange.
(d) The local fast food restaurant.
12. What happens to Candidó when he drinks the dirty water?
(a) He never drinks dirty water.
(b) He gets an upset stomach.
(c) He has hallucinations.
(d) His thirst is satiated.
13. What does Delaney give to the person he hits?
(b) Tortillas and eggs.
(d) Twenty dollars.
14. Why is Kyra dissatisfied with her appearance?
(a) She thinks her eyes are too small.
(b) She thinks her feet are too big.
(c) She thinks her nose is too red.
(d) She thinks her hair is too dull.
15. What does the sign in front of the labor exchange say?
(a) GO BACK HOME.
(b) NO MEXICANS ALLOWED.
(d) NO TRESPASSING.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Candidó buy for himself with some of his earnings?
2. What is characteristic of the man Delaney sees in the parking lot?
3. Where does Candidó look for América after her first day of work?
4. Who or what reportedly attacks Sunny DiMandia?
5. Who does Delaney see on the trail?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)