|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following would Kyra like to live in someday?
(b) The Manzoob house.
(c) The Da Ros mansion.
(d) Arroyo Blanco Estates.
2. Who or what reportedly attacks Sunny DiMandia?
(d) Delaney's dog.
3. How old is América?
(d) About thirty-five.
4. Who appears oddly interested in the person Delaney hit with his car?
(b) Al Lopez.
(c) Jack, Jr.
5. Which of the following best characterizes the conversation Delaney has with the person he encounters on the trail?
6. What does Candidó swear he will do to the two men who attacked his wife?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Hug them.
(c) Hire other men to assault them.
(d) Hold them at gunpoint and demand they give him money.
7. How does Candidó know his wife has been attacked?
(a) She has welts on her.
(b) She has frightening nightmares.
(c) She is bleeding profusely.
(d) She tells him.
8. What does Delaney give to the person he hits?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(c) Tortillas and eggs.
9. Who or what does Candidó protect from being attacked by men in Topanga State Park?
(a) His daughter.
(b) A twelve-year-old girl.
(c) His tortillas and salsa.
(d) América's dog.
10. In what situation does Kyra first see Candidó?
(a) He is trying to rescue her dog.
(b) He is one of the drunk Mexicans at the convenience store.
(c) He is landscaping her yard.
(d) He is helping to build her backyard fence.
11. How much money does Candidó make the first day of working for Al Lopez?
(a) Two hundred dollars.
(b) He is paid in food and alcohol.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
12. Where does América go to seek work?
(a) A daycare.
(b) The labor exchange.
(c) A real estate office.
(d) A Mexican restaurant.
13. Which of the following does Candidó notice about one of the boys who attacks his campsite?
(a) He is dressed in a suit and tie.
(b) He looks just like Candidó.
(c) He has red hair.
(d) Candidó recognizes him from his childhood.
14. How much does the man with a ponytail charge Candidó for staying in a room for two nights?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
15. How many hours each day does Delaney devote to his work?
(c) Twelve to fifteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes up the rest of Delaney's household?
2. Which character says he thinks building a gate is necessary?
3. What causes Candidó's first marriage to end?
4. Who does Delaney run into at the store while shopping for dinner?
5. What is Kyra wearing when Delaney returns home from his walk around Arroyo Blanco in the evening?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)