|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What parts of the car are damaged?
(a) Headlight and turn signal.
(b) Both back tires.
(c) Both headlights.
(d) Steering wheel and dashboard.
2. What does the man in the parking lot do to Candidó?
(a) Punches him in the face.
(b) Stabs him with a pencil.
(c) Threatens to kill him with a knife.
(d) Shoves him onto Delaney's car.
3. Who blames most car thefts on Mexicans?
(c) Kenny Grissom.
(d) The light-skinned Mexican.
4. How much does the man with a ponytail charge Candidó for staying in a room for two nights?
(a) Fifty cents.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Two hundred dollars.
5. Which character says he thinks building a gate is necessary?
(b) Jack Cherrystone.
(c) Jack Jardine, Jr.
(d) Jack Jardine, Sr.
6. What jerks Delaney out of his flashback?
(a) A coyote capturing the family dog.
(b) His wife crying for help from the swimming pool.
(c) The food on the grill burning.
(d) A sudden thunderstorm.
7. Whose death does the accident victim hallucinate about?
(b) His unborn child's.
(c) His own.
(d) His mother's.
8. What is Delaney hiding in his pocket during the community gathering?
(a) A clump of hair.
(b) A pistol.
(c) The phone number for a Mexican.
(d) His dog's foreleg.
9. Dominick Flood reports that he will arrange to close what facility?
(a) The public high school mostly attended by Mexicans.
(b) The local health department.
(c) The local fast food restaurant.
(d) The labor exchange.
10. Who or what reportedly attacks Sunny DiMandia?
(a) Delaney's dog.
11. Which of the following would Kyra like to live in someday?
(b) Arroyo Blanco Estates.
(c) The Manzoob house.
(d) The Da Ros mansion.
12. What does América request from her employer?
(a) A drink of water.
(b) Rent money.
(c) An advance on her salary.
13. Who does Delaney hit with his car?
14. Who flatters Delaney by praising his magazine column?
(a) Al Lopez.
(b) Dominick Flood.
(c) Jack Jardine.
(d) Jack Cherrystone.
15. Where does Delaney meet Kyra for lunch?
(a) The town's only Mexican restaurant.
(b) The country club.
(c) A diner on the beach.
(d) An Indian restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kyra wearing when Delaney returns home from his walk around Arroyo Blanco in the evening?
2. Why is Kyra dissatisfied with her appearance?
3. What does Candidó do to protect his family from the attackers?
4. Why is Delaney angry toward his neighbors?
5. What happens to Candidó when he is captured by INS agents?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)