|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 7-8 (pages 230-257).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kyra decide she will call INS on the Mexican men at the convenience store?
(a) They are all drunk.
(b) She believes they contribute to declining home prices.
(c) They acted inappropriately toward her.
(d) She saw one of them stealing.
2. Why does Delaney let a Mexican work crew into his yard?
(a) To repair the siding on his home.
(b) To give them a place to hide.
(c) To landscape the backyard.
(d) To build part of the wall.
3. What does Delaney do after lunch with Kyra?
(a) Drives to the ocean for a hike.
(b) Trades in his old car for a new one.
(c) Writes a column.
(d) Considers leaving his family.
4. Which character says he thinks building a gate is necessary?
(a) Jack Jardine, Sr.
(b) Jack Jardine, Jr.
(c) Jack Cherrystone.
5. How much money does Candidó make the first day of working for Al Lopez?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Two hundred dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) He is paid in food and alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would Kyra like to live in someday?
2. How long does América wait for Candidó in Canoga Park?
3. What does the sign in front of the labor exchange say?
4. How long does América work on her first day?
5. Who or what ends up killing one of the family's dogs?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)