|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 3-4 (pages 30-62).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Delaney hiding in his pocket during the community gathering?
(a) His dog's foreleg.
(b) A clump of hair.
(c) A pistol.
(d) The phone number for a Mexican.
2. What kind of car does Delaney drive?
3. Who or what does Candidó protect from being attacked by men in Topanga State Park?
(a) América's dog.
(b) His tortillas and salsa.
(c) A twelve-year-old girl.
(d) His daughter.
4. What happens to Candidó when he drinks the dirty water?
(a) He has hallucinations.
(b) His thirst is satiated.
(c) He never drinks dirty water.
(d) He gets an upset stomach.
5. How old is América?
(d) About thirty-five.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death does the accident victim hallucinate about?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the objections residents have about building a security gate?
3. In what languages does Delaney speak to the accident victim?
4. Who does Delaney hit with his car?
5. Who or what ends up killing one of the family's dogs?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)