|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roger Horchow’s profession?
(b) Aerobics instructor.
(c) Flight attendant.
(d) Catalog entrepreneur.
2. Where was Gaeton Dugas from?
(a) The United States.
(d) Great Britain.
3. What was the cause in the spike of syphilis cases in Baltimore, according to the Centers for Disease Control?
(c) Rat infestation.
(d) Crack cocaine.
4. In Gladwell’s rough quiz to test the number of people a person may know, people are given a random selection of last names from what?
(a) The phone book.
(b) Crime listings.
(d) The obituaries.
5. The author states that the tipping point for Hush Puppies Shoes came between what years?
Short Answer Questions
1. Early research for Sesame Street showed that flashing lights and bright colors do not do what on their own?
2. What is a trivia game that rests on the assumption that any individual involved in the Hollywood, California film industry can be linked through his or her film roles to actor Kevin Bacon?
3. Early research for Sesame Street showed that the presence of toys does not impact a child's what?
4. On what date does the author describe a young boy overhearing news of the British invasion in Chapter 2?
5. How many people admitted to witnessing the murder of Kitty Genovese?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Darnell McGee? What role did he play in epidemics, according to the author?
2. How does the author describe mavens in Chapter 2?
3. How do connectors differ from normal people, according to the author?
4. What popular parlor game does the author use to describe connectors in Chapter 2?
5. What example does Gladwell use first in illustrating a super-connector in Chapter 2?
6. What is illustrated by the author’s first example in the introduction?
7. What test did the author develop to determine a person’s likelihood to be a connector?
8. How would you describe the voice and tone of the Introduction to the book?
9. What does the author state in reference to yawning in the Introduction?
10. What is the typical score for the author’s test for connectors described in Chapter 2?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)