|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a social psychological phenomenon where individuals do not offer any means of help in an emergency situation to the victim when other people are present?
(a) The escape effect.
(b) The silence effect.
(c) The bystander effect.
(d) The freedom effect.
2. What does the author consider to be the second of the three rules of epidemics?
(a) The Stickiness Factor.
(b) The Law of the Many.
(c) The Law of the Few.
(d) The Power of Context.
3. On what television station does Blue’s Clues air?
(b) National Educational Television.
(c) Public Broadcasting Station.
(d) The Disney Channel.
4. In Gladwell’s rough quiz to test the number of people a person may know, a typical score comes in around what number?
5. Darnell McGee is known to have infected over how many people with HIV?
Short Answer Questions
1. What fashion designer was heard to be wearing Hush Puppies Shoes when they experienced a resurgence, according to the author in the Introduction?
2. In Gladwell's example from Chapter 3, the researchers at Sesame Street showed an episode where a character danced around and letters entered from various points of the screen. Though the episode held the children's attention, the eye movement sensor found that the children watched what?
3. Kitty Genovese was stabbed to death in what neighborhood of Queens, New York?
4. A well-known saying states that twenty percent of the people do what percent of the work?
5. On what date does the author describe a young boy overhearing news of the British invasion in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What popular parlor game does the author use to describe connectors in Chapter 2?
2. How does the author relate the tipping point to weather in the Introduction?
3. How does the author use cigarettes to illustrate the Stickiness Factor in Chapter 1?
4. How does the author describe Roger Horchow in the text?
5. What is illustrated by the author’s first example in the introduction?
6. What is the typical score for the author’s test for connectors described in Chapter 2?
7. How does the author break down his first law introduced in Chapter 2?
8. Who was Darnell McGee? What role did he play in epidemics, according to the author?
9. What example does the author use in the introduction to describe his theories?
10. How does Gladwell introduce the book? What three rules for the tipping point does the author give in the introduction?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)