|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early research for Sesame Street showed that the presence of toys does not impact a child's what?
2. In Gladwell’s rough quiz to test the number of people a person may know, a typical score comes in around what number?
3. The young men who attempted to mug Bernie Goetz demanded how much money from him?
4. Who was convicted of the murder of Kitty Genovese?
(a) Winston Moseley.
(b) Ted Bundy.
(c) James Moorland.
(d) William Dupre.
5. At a time when suicide was still rare in Micronesia, one unnamed boy suffered the emotional distress of what, according to the author in Chapter 7?
(a) Losing a family member.
(b) Abusive parents.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
(d) A love triangle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Airwalk shoes company based?
2. In Chapter 6, Gladwell tells the story of a Chinese professor working for an American university who asked about a mountain where?
3. What does the author consider to be the first of the three rules of epidemics?
4. In Gladwell’s rough quiz to test the number of people a person may know, people are given a random selection of last names from what?
5. What theory does the author cite which states that presence of vandalism in a neighborhood incites people to commit other more serious acts that they would never believe they might get away with in a nicer, cleaner neighborhood?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)