|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date does the author describe a young boy overhearing news of the British invasion in Chapter 2?
(a) April 18, 1775.
(b) September 16, 1776.
(c) June 16, 1775.
(d) July 4, 1776.
2. Howard Levanthal distributed pamphlets to seniors at what university, according to the author in Chapter 3?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Stanford University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Berkeley University.
3. Gladwell claims that nicotine acts as what in Chapter 7?
(a) An antidepressant.
(b) A depressant.
(c) An antipsychotic.
(d) A barbiturate.
4. What New York City Subway train was Bernie Goetz riding when he was mugged?
(a) No. 6 train.
(b) F train.
(c) No. 2 train.
(d) A train.
5. What British anthropologist developed a ratio between the size of an animal's neocortex and the size of the animal's social group?
(a) Barbara Flagg.
(b) Robin Dunbar.
(c) Todd Kessler.
(d) Howard Friedman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Philip Zimbardo is a social scientist at what university?
2. Gaeton Dugas claimed to have slept with over how many people?
3. Early research for Sesame Street showed that children watch what they understand and look away when?
4. What is the name of Methodism’s founder?
5. What brand of cigarettes became sticky when they used a grammatical faux pas in an advertising campaign according to the author in Chapter 1?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)