|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date does the author describe a young boy overhearing news of the British invasion in Chapter 2?
(a) July 4, 1776.
(b) September 16, 1776.
(c) June 16, 1775.
(d) April 18, 1775.
2. What was Paul Revere’s occupation?
3. In Gladwell's example from Chapter 3, the researchers at Sesame Street showed an episode where a character danced around and letters entered from various points of the screen. Though the episode held the children's attention, the eye movement sensor found that the children watched what?
(a) The letter.
(b) The bouncing character.
(c) The movement sensor.
(d) The wall.
4. What British anthropologist developed a ratio between the size of an animal's neocortex and the size of the animal's social group?
(a) Todd Kessler.
(b) Robin Dunbar.
(c) Howard Friedman.
(d) Barbara Flagg.
5. The author states in Chapter 1 that what year span saw the number of children in Baltimore born with syphilis spike considerably?
Short Answer Questions
1. Howard Levanthal distributed how many different pamphlets to seniors about shots in Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of Methodism’s founder?
3. Darnell McGee admitted sexual relations with how many people after he knew he carried HIV?
4. In Gladwell’s rough quiz to test the number of people a person may know, few people score over what number?
5. On what television station does Blue’s Clues air?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)