|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Howard Levanthal’s research showed that when each type of pamphlet included what, each category saw an increase in attendance to the vaccine clinic?
(a) A map to the campus health center.
(b) Photographs of diseased people.
(c) Explanations of the vaccine.
(d) Commentary from doctors.
2. The expert salesman for Gladwell is what successful financial planner described in Chapter 2?
(a) Mark Alpert.
(b) Tom Gau.
(c) Brian Mullen.
(d) John Potterat.
3. What brand of cigarettes became sticky when they used a grammatical faux pas in an advertising campaign according to the author in Chapter 1?
4. What is a trivia game that rests on the assumption that any individual involved in the Hollywood, California film industry can be linked through his or her film roles to actor Kevin Bacon?
(a) “Seven Degrees of Separation.”
(b) “Ten Degrees of Kevin Bacon.”
(c) “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon.”
(d) “Six Degrees of Separation.”
5. When did Gaeton Dugas die?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author consider to be the first of the three rules of epidemics?
2. Who assembled the team that developed Blue's Clues?
3. What two executives from Hush Puppies Shoes met a New York photographer who told them about the shoes’ resurgence, according to the author in the introduction?
4. In Gladwell's example from Chapter 3, the researchers at Sesame Street showed an episode where a character danced around and letters entered from various points of the screen. Though the episode held the children's attention, the eye movement sensor found that the children watched what?
5. What researcher from Johns Hopkins University blames the syphilis epidemic in Baltimore on the breakdown of medical services in the city’s poorest neighborhoods, according to the author in Chapter 1?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)