|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Roger Horchow’s profession?
(a) Flight attendant.
(b) Catalog entrepreneur.
(d) Aerobics instructor.
2. Paul Revere is someone the author considers to be what?
(a) A maven.
(b) A salesman.
(c) An antagonist.
(d) A connector.
3. What does the author consider to be the third of the three rules of epidemics?
(a) The Stickiness Factor.
(b) The Power of Context.
(c) The Law of the Many.
(d) The Law of the Few.
4. What researcher from Johns Hopkins University blames the syphilis epidemic in Baltimore on the breakdown of medical services in the city’s poorest neighborhoods, according to the author in Chapter 1?
(a) John Bartlett.
(b) John Zenilman.
(c) Darnell McGee.
(d) John Potterat.
5. What two executives from Hush Puppies Shoes met a New York photographer who told them about the shoes’ resurgence, according to the author in the introduction?
(a) James Owen and William Ross.
(b) Owen Baxter and Geoffrey Lewis.
(c) John Bartlett and Isaac Mizrahi.
(d) Michael Anderson and Jesse Skawinski.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fashion designer was heard to be wearing Hush Puppies Shoes when they experienced a resurgence, according to the author in the Introduction?
2. In Gladwell’s rough quiz to test the number of people a person may know, few people score over what number?
3. What was the nickname of Darnell McGee?
4. According to the author in Chapter 3, Sesame Street limited itself by appealing to what?
5. Howard Levanthal distributed pamphlets to seniors about what kind of vaccinations, according to the author in Chapter 3?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)