|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Darnell McGee is known to have infected over how many people with HIV?
2. What refers to a neuron that fires both when an animal acts and when an animal observes the same action performed by another?
(a) Neuron reverberation.
(b) Mimicry neuron.
(c) Mirror neuron.
(d) Atomic neuron.
3. When did the show Sesame Street premiere?
4. In Gladwell’s rough quiz to test the number of people a person may know, people are given a random selection of last names from what?
(a) Crime listings.
(b) The phone book.
(d) The obituaries.
5. Who assembled the team that developed Blue's Clues?
(a) Todd Kessler.
(b) Ed Palmer.
(c) Barbara Flagg.
(d) Mark Alpert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who developed an invaluable tool for Sesame Street called the distracter?
2. In Chapter 2, Gladwell explains the Law of the Few, which he splits further into three classes of people. Which is the third of these?
3. According to the author’s sources, how many patients visited Baltimore’s sexually transmitted disease clinics in the year from 1990-1991?
4. What does the author consider to be the first of the three rules of epidemics?
5. Unlike Sesame Street, which tested a third of its episodes, the Blue's Clues research team field tested every episode how many times?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)