|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brand of cigarettes became sticky when they used a grammatical faux pas in an advertising campaign according to the author in Chapter 1?
2. Howard Levanthal distributed pamphlets to seniors about what kind of vaccinations, according to the author in Chapter 3?
3. What does the author consider to be the third of the three rules of epidemics?
(a) The Law of the Many.
(b) The Power of Context.
(c) The Law of the Few.
(d) The Stickiness Factor.
4. In Gladwell's example from Chapter 3, the researchers at Sesame Street showed an episode where a character danced around and letters entered from various points of the screen. Though the episode held the children's attention, the eye movement sensor found that the children watched what?
(a) The movement sensor.
(b) The bouncing character.
(c) The wall.
(d) The letter.
5. When did the show Sesame Street premiere?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a trivia game that rests on the assumption that any individual involved in the Hollywood, California film industry can be linked through his or her film roles to actor Kevin Bacon?
2. Lois Weisberg was responsible for the establishment of what renowned program, which gathered youths to a vacant block downtown to make art?
3. What advertising agent for Columbia Record Club increased the stickiness of his ads simply by drawing a link between televised and print ads?
4. Who was convicted of the murder of Kitty Genovese?
5. What was Paul Revere’s occupation?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)