|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some experts have suggested that poor modeling at home influences children to smoke. However, what children do not follow this pattern, according to the author in Chapter 7?
(a) Female children.
(b) Male children.
(c) Abused children.
(d) Adopted children.
2. Unlike Sesame Street, which tested a third of its episodes, the Blue's Clues research team field tested every episode how many times?
3. What is the name of the editor of Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood?
(a) Darnell McGee.
(b) Barbara Flagg.
(c) Diane Reverand.
(d) Ed Palmer.
4. What concept in cognitive psychology refers to the amount of space in the brain for certain kinds of information, according to the author in Chapter 5?
(a) Psychometric capacity.
(b) Channel capacity.
(c) Interactive capacity.
(d) Carpal capacity.
5. Chapter 7 begins with the story of a Micronesian boy named what who committed suicide after his father rebuked him for forgetting to bring home a knife for the family business?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Gladwell tells the story of a Chinese professor working for an American university who asked about a mountain where?
2. What business consultant uses the example of high technology to argue that there is a substantial difference between the people who originate trends and ideas and the people in the majority?
3. Howard Levanthal distributed pamphlets to seniors at what university, according to the author in Chapter 3?
4. One of the researchers who rode in the needle exchange vans in Baltimore to interview super-exchangers was an epidemiologist by what name?
5. What fashion designer was heard to be wearing Hush Puppies Shoes when they experienced a resurgence, according to the author in the Introduction?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)