|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Adelaide's treaty sent from Herr Bangemann in Chapter 13?
2. What does Adelaide do to the Royal Household in Chapter 10?
3. What does Jim do with his unraveled sweater in Chapter 16?
4. What do Jim and the Count decide about Adelaide in Chapter 9?
5. How does Adelaide return to the Palace in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of Chapter 14?
2. What accolades does Adelaide bestow upon Jim and Becky in Chapter 18?
3. In Chapter 12, what new information does Jim share with Karl? What decision is reached by Jim and Karl?
4. Whom does the Count suspect of shooting the King in Chapter 9? Does Jim agree?
5. What changes does Adelaide make to the Royal Household in Chapter 10?
6. How does Adelaide grow as a Queen in Chapter 12?
7. What does Jim learn after listening to a staff member grumble about Godel in Chapter 10?
8. What information does the actress give Jim in Chapter 13?
9. What orders does Godel give in Chapter 17?
10. What do Becky and Adelaide do while in their cell in Chapters 15 and 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the young-adult genre of the novel "The Tin Princess." What are the elements of this genre? Why is "The Tin Princess " an example of this genre? What are some other novels of the same genre? What do these novels have in common with "The Tin Princess"?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of death and murder in the novel "The Tin Princess". How does Pullman illustrate the death and murder motif throughout the novel? What do the characters think of death? How do the characters, particularly Adelaide, react to the deaths?
Essay Topic 3
What are some examples of plots and schemes found in the novel? What are these plots meant to achieve? Are they successful? Who plans these schemes?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)