|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the guards at the Rock do as a group leaves from the train station in Chapter 17?
2. What does the uncle tell Jim and the students in Chapter 9?
3. Who rode alongside the carriage back to the Palace in Chapter 9?
4. What does the Count need from Herr Bangemann in Chapter 10?
5. Whom does the Count suspect of killing Rudolf?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jim and the students find Fraulein Gonzalez's home and how does she react to seeing Jim?
2. What does Adelaide do to ready herself to become Queen in Chapter 10?
3. What does the Count do to betray Razkavia?
4. Why does Jim go to the grotto? What does he discover there?
5. How does Adelaide grow as a Queen in Chapter 12?
6. Where does Jim visit with the students? What does he find out?
7. What happens when Godel enters the room in Chapter 15 with soldiers?
8. What orders does Godel give in Chapter 17?
9. What does Jim do while in his cell in Chapters 15 and 16?
10. Why is the Countess upset in Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of suspicion in the novel "The Tin Princess." Who is suspicious of whom and why? How do these examples of suspicion impact the three lead characters? Who are some suspicious characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What are some examples of plots and schemes found in the novel? What are these plots meant to achieve? Are they successful? Who plans these schemes?
Essay Topic 3
What happens at the end of the novel " The Tin Princess "? Is everything resolved? Are there any surprises at the end of the novel? What happens to the main characters?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)