|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jim arrive at the house near the statue with roses in Chapter 13?
2. What does Private Schweigner do in Chapter 18?
3. According to Frau Busch, where is Carmen Ruiz as of Chapter 11?
4. Why does Private Schweigner jump from the train in Chapter 18?
5. What do the Germans want done with the flag in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim go to the grotto? What does he discover there?
2. What plans does the Count have for Jim and Godel in Chapter 9?
3. What does Jim tell Becky when he wakes her up in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 12, what new information does Jim share with Karl? What decision is reached by Jim and Karl?
5. What happens to Godel and Leopold when the German commander arrives in Chapter 18?
6. What do the Germans want from Godel in Chapter 17?
7. What does Frau Busch tell Jim in Chapter 11?
8. Whom does the Count suspect of shooting the King in Chapter 9? Does Jim agree?
9. What do Adelaide and the rest do with the flag?
10. What happens when Godel enters the room in Chapter 15 with soldiers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of suspicion in the novel "The Tin Princess." Who is suspicious of whom and why? How do these examples of suspicion impact the three lead characters? Who are some suspicious characters in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of bravery in "The Tin Princess." What are some examples of bravery in the novel? Who are some especially brave characters?
Essay Topic 3
What are some examples of plots and schemes found in the novel? What are these plots meant to achieve? Are they successful? Who plans these schemes?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)