|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Godel suddenly announce to Adelaide in Chapter 7?
2. What does Jim overhear a Palace guard saying in Chapter 8?
3. What does the actress do that is suspicious in Chapter 4?
4. Who is going to America the following day at the end of Chapter 2?
5. What is label on the file which Bleichroder asks for in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Countess, Becky, and Adelaide talk about in Chapter 5?
2. What does Jim do after the shooting?
3. Why does Jim have a hard time getting to the coronation? How does he get there in the end?
4. What does Adelaide refuse in Chapter 7?
5. What does Miss Bevan ask of Becky when they first meet?
6. What happens when a student calls Adelaide a whore in Chapter 6?
7. Why must the Prince and Adelaide go to Razkavia?
8. How do the King and Adelaide get along in Chapter 6?
9. Why is J. Taylor looking for Adelaide? What does Becky tell him about her?
10. What is Jim's job at court?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the relationship between Adelaide and Jim. What do they feel for one another? How does their relationship evolve as the novel progresses? How does Jim help Adelaide when she becomes Queen?
Essay Topic 2
What happens at the end of the novel " The Tin Princess "? Is everything resolved? Are there any surprises at the end of the novel? What happens to the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of death and murder in the novel "The Tin Princess". How does Pullman illustrate the death and murder motif throughout the novel? What do the characters think of death? How do the characters, particularly Adelaide, react to the deaths?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)