|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jim when the shooting in Chapter 8 takes place?
2. Where is the house where J. Taylor takes Becky in Chapter 2?
3. According to Becky, what do both Germany and Austria-Hungary consider important?
4. Where do the Irish guards follow the suspicious men in Chapter 4?
5. What does Jim do on the morning following the death of the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Becky's time at Orchard House.
2. What do the Countess, Becky, and Adelaide talk about in Chapter 5?
3. What happens when a student calls Adelaide a whore in Chapter 6?
4. What does Count Thalgau tell Jim about Godel?
5. Why must the Prince and Adelaide go to Razkavia?
6. Why is Becky walking through the St. John's area of London at the beginning of the novel?
7. What does the reader learn about Becky's background in Chapter 1?
8. How did the Prince and Adelaide come to be married?
9. Who is the butcher's boy? Why does J. Taylor give him money?
10. What does Jim learn about Prince Leopold from Gaisberg in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Royal Family. Who are the members of the Royal Family? What fates do they meet and why? What dangers are faced by the Royal Family? How does Adelaide, an ex-prostitute, become a member of the Royal Family? What does the public think of her?
Essay Topic 2
What is an archetype? What are some common archetypes? What archetypes can be found in "The Tin Princess"?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of bravery in "The Tin Princess." What are some examples of bravery in the novel? Who are some especially brave characters?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)