|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Becky tell Gaisberg in Chapter 8?
2. Who is going to America the following day at the end of Chapter 2?
3. With whom does Becky ride to the coronation?
4. Where is the house where J. Taylor takes Becky in Chapter 2?
5. Who was murdered before Adelaide disappeared ten years ago?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Count Thalgau tell Jim about Godel?
2. What happens while Rudolf and Adelaide are marching during their coronation?
3. What happens at the Alhambra Theater in Chapter 4?
4. What does the reader learn about Becky's background in Chapter 1?
5. Why is Becky walking through the St. John's area of London at the beginning of the novel?
6. Who arrives at an apartment near the cathedral in Chapter 7?
7. Who do the Prince and Goldberg think set off the bomb?
8. What does J. Taylor tell Becky about Adelaide's past?
9. What happens at the end of the novel to create mystery for the reader?
10. What does Jim learn about Prince Leopold from Gaisberg in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Pullman's use of foreshadowing. What are some examples of foreshadowing in the novel? Why does Pullman use foreshadowing? How do the examples of foreshadowing affect the tone of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the element of mystery in the novel "The Tin Princess." What are some examples of mystery in the novel? Are all of the mysteries answered by the end of the novel? Who are some of the mysterious characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflict in "The Tin Princess." Who is in conflict with whom? What events or situations cause these conflicts? Are the major conflicts resolved? If so, how?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)