|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Adelaide want to accompany her to Razkavia?
2. Who visits Becky's rooming house in Chapter 4?
3. What language is Becky learning?
4. What does the Prince ask Becky's mother in Chapter 4?
5. What is the apartment where a man and woman arrive at in Chapter 7 overlooking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Becky walking through the St. John's area of London at the beginning of the novel?
2. What happens during the meeting with the King at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What does Count Thalgau tell Jim about Godel?
4. What does Adelaide do after Rudolf is shot?
5. Describe Becky's time at Orchard House.
6. What does Miss Bevan ask of Becky when they first meet?
7. What does Jim do after the shooting?
8. Why does Jim have a hard time getting to the coronation? How does he get there in the end?
9. What happens at the end of the novel to create mystery for the reader?
10. What is Jim's job at court?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Philip Pullman, the author of "The Tin Princess." What others works has he written? What similarities or connections can be found between this novel and Pullman's other work? How is he regarded in the literary world?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflict in "The Tin Princess." Who is in conflict with whom? What events or situations cause these conflicts? Are the major conflicts resolved? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of bravery in "The Tin Princess." What are some examples of bravery in the novel? Who are some especially brave characters?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)