|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Adelaide successful in doing in Chapter 12?
(a) Negotiating favorable terms for Razkavia with Germany and Austria-Hungary.
(b) Convincing the people of Razkavia to surrender to Germany.
(c) Trading Austrian resources for Razkavia`s sources.
(d) Selling profits of the mines to the Germans.
2. What does Otto offer Adelaide and the others in Chapter 19?
(a) Clothes and blankets and a hot cup of tea.
(b) A hideout.
(c) Shelter with many beds and hot soup.
(d) Men, weapons, and breakfast.
3. What does Godel demand to know about from Count Thalgau in Chapter 17?
(a) The terms of his deal with Berlin.
(b) His motives for his involvement in the scheme.
(c) His reasons for staying in Razkavia.
(d) His connection to Prince Leopold.
4. What do Adelaide and the others hear coming from the train station in Chapter 17?
(c) A train.
(d) A mob.
5. Why does Private Schweigner jump from the train in Chapter 18?
(a) He dropped something off the side of the train and must retrieve it.
(b) He is trying to run from his captors.
(c) He decides to return from where he came from.
(d) He knows the boiler is going to explode.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jim and Adelaide do right before the train crashes in Chapter 18?
2. What does Corporal Kogler hand over to Adelaide in Chapter 18?
3. Who ordered a train for Prague in Chapter 17?
4. Where does Jim awaken in Chapter 15?
5. How can Adelaide and the others stop Leopold from being installed as King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim learn after listening to a staff member grumble about Godel in Chapter 10?
2. Whom does the Count suspect of shooting the King in Chapter 9? Does Jim agree?
3. What do the Germans want from Godel in Chapter 17?
4. What happens to Godel and Leopold when the German commander arrives in Chapter 18?
5. What plans does the Count have for Jim and Godel in Chapter 9?
6. What happens when Godel enters the room in Chapter 15 with soldiers?
7. What orders does Godel give in Chapter 17?
8. What do Adelaide and the rest do with the flag?
9. Where does Jim visit with the students? What does he find out?
10. Why does Jim go to the grotto? What does he discover there?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)