|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Count, how long do they have to get control of the country in Chapter 9?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
2. Who wrestles Becky to the ground in Chapter 11?
3. What is the reason given to the Great Powers for why the signing ceremony is postponed in Chapter 15?
(a) The Queen is ill.
(b) The Queen's translator has died.
(c) The weather is bad.
(d) The Queen is not prepared enough.
4. Where does Godel want the Countess to go in Chapter 15?
(a) To England.
(b) To prison.
(c) To her sick husband.
(d) To a hotel.
5. Which train do Adelaide, Becky, and the others plan to use in Chapter 17?
(a) The Blue Train.
(b) The 43rd Train.
(c) The South Train.
(d) The Royal Train.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Frau Busch, where is Carmen Ruiz as of Chapter 11?
2. Because of the honor Adelaide has given Jim, what is he now a member of?
3. What happens to Adelaide's kitten in Chapter 15?
4. Where does the student find the statue in Chapter 13?
5. What do the Germans want done with the flag in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Countess upset in Chapter 15?
2. What does Herr Egger know about the people who rented his apartment?
3. In Chapter 12, what new information does Jim share with Karl? What decision is reached by Jim and Karl?
4. What happens at the end of Chapter 14?
5. What plans does the Count have for Jim and Godel in Chapter 9?
6. How do Jim and the students find Fraulein Gonzalez's home and how does she react to seeing Jim?
7. Where does Jim visit with the students? What does he find out?
8. What do the Germans want from Godel in Chapter 17?
9. Whom does the Count suspect of shooting the King in Chapter 9? Does Jim agree?
10. What does Jim tell Becky when he wakes her up in Chapter 14?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)