|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adelaide visit in Chapter 10?
(a) A small pub.
(b) The town hall.
(c) The nickel mines.
(d) The town square.
2. What does the uncle tell Jim and the students in Chapter 9?
(a) Herr Egger rented his apartment to a journalist for the day.
(b) He heard a gunshot at 3am.
(c) He saw a suspicious person at around 5pm near his apartment.
(d) There was no way of seeing the coronation from his apartment.
3. To whom is Adelaide's treaty sent from Herr Bangemann in Chapter 13?
(b) Herr Bleichroder.
(c) The Count.
4. What do Adelaide and the others hear coming from the train station in Chapter 17?
(c) A train.
(d) A mob.
5. Whom does Jim find in the cave in Chapter 11?
(c) Frau Busch.
(d) Prince Leopold.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Adelaide, what will she do in Andersbad in Chapter 18?
2. What does Frau Busch do as Jim and Becky look on in Chapter 11?
3. Who is Fraulein Gonzalez jealous of in Chapter 13?
4. What does Jim overhear a staff member saying about Godel in Chapter 10?
5. What does Jim tell one of the students to prepare in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Becky and Adelaide do while in their cell in Chapters 15 and 16?
2. What does Adelaide do to ready herself to become Queen in Chapter 10?
3. What accolades does Adelaide bestow upon Jim and Becky in Chapter 18?
4. What does Herr Egger know about the people who rented his apartment?
5. What do Adelaide and the rest do with the flag?
6. What does Private Schweigner do in Chapter 18?
7. Why is the Countess upset in Chapter 15?
8. Whom does the Count suspect of shooting the King in Chapter 9? Does Jim agree?
9. What does Frau Busch tell Jim in Chapter 11?
10. What happens when the train veers out of control in Chapter 18?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)