|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does J. Taylor meet at the socialist club in Chapter 3?
(a) Franklin Goldberg.
(b) Arthur Goldberg.
(c) Joseph Goldberg.
(d) Dan Goldberg.
2. How does Becky come to respect the countess more in Chapter 7?
(a) The countess tells Becky about her experiences in Razkavia.
(b) Becky sees that the countess takes education very seriously.
(c) The countess selflessly donates her time to the needy.
(d) The countess shows support for Adelaide.
3. Why do Jim and Karl go to Karl's room to eat dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) All the restaurants are closed.
(b) Jim and Karl are broke.
(c) They want to discuss politics where they won't be overheard.
(d) Karl loves cooking.
4. What do Jim and the Captain of the Hussars do in Chapter 8?
(a) Move the barge to the other shore.
(b) Eat a hearty meal.
(c) Gather a small army.
5. Whom does the Prince suspect of setting off the bomb from Chapter 2?
(a) His closest advisor.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His father.
(d) An unrelated fanatic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom was Adelaide a servant to before her marriage?
2. Where is Becky going at the beginning of the novel?
3. According to the curator, how did Leopold die?
4. Where is the socialist club that J. Taylor goes to in Chapter 3?
5. Why does Jim feel obliged to help the Prince?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jim have a hard time getting to the coronation? How does he get there in the end?
2. What happens when a student calls Adelaide a whore in Chapter 6?
3. What does Becky suggest in Chapter 7 to Adelaide and Jim?
4. How did the Prince and Adelaide come to be married?
5. What do the Countess, Becky, and Adelaide talk about in Chapter 5?
6. What does Jim do with the Irish gang?
7. What is Jim's job at court?
8. What does Count Thalgau tell Jim about Godel?
9. Who arrives at an apartment near the cathedral in Chapter 7?
10. Who do the Prince and Goldberg think set off the bomb?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)