|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Jim and Karl go to Karl's room to eat dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) They want to discuss politics where they won't be overheard.
(b) Jim and Karl are broke.
(c) All the restaurants are closed.
(d) Karl loves cooking.
2. What does Adelaide do when she makes it to the summit with the flag?
(a) Stares at her people from a distance.
(b) Collapses into Becky's arms.
(c) Cries hysterically.
(d) Smiles brightly.
3. What is the capital of Razkavia?
4. How does Becky come to respect the countess more in Chapter 7?
(a) Becky sees that the countess takes education very seriously.
(b) The countess shows support for Adelaide.
(c) The countess tells Becky about her experiences in Razkavia.
(d) The countess selflessly donates her time to the needy.
5. What does Jim do when he goes to a bar in Chapter 6?
(a) Sits alone and ignores everyone.
(b) Listens to other people's discussions.
(c) Drinks until he blacks out.
(d) Tells the bartender his troubles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits Becky's rooming house in Chapter 4?
2. What does Godel do to Jim on the day of the coronation?
3. Where does Jim find a picture of Prince Leopold in Chapter 6?
4. Who is going to America the following day at the end of Chapter 2?
5. According to the Count, why can't Godel be fired?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when a student calls Adelaide a whore in Chapter 6?
2. What does Jim do after the shooting?
3. Who do the Prince and Goldberg think set off the bomb?
4. What does Becky suggest in Chapter 7 to Adelaide and Jim?
5. What happens during the meeting with the King at the end of Chapter 5?
6. Why must the Prince and Adelaide go to Razkavia?
7. Why is Becky walking through the St. John's area of London at the beginning of the novel?
8. What do the Prince and Becky's mother talk about in Chapter 4?
9. What does Jim learn about Prince Leopold from Gaisberg in Chapter 6?
10. What does Count Thalgau tell Jim about Godel?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)