|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Countess Thalgau's husband?
(a) Baron Godel.
(c) The Ambassador.
(d) The Prince's brother.
2. How do Jim and Gaisberg escape from the bar in Chapter 6?
(a) They are escorted out by the bouncer.
(b) Through the kitchen.
(c) Through the bathroom window.
(d) They run out the front door.
3. What does Becky note about Rudolf in Chapter 7?
(a) He will make an excellent King.
(b) He is a good husband.
(c) He is a handsome man.
(d) He is unprepared to be King.
4. Where does Becky currently live?
(b) Maida Vale.
(c) St. John's Wood.
5. Where do the Irish guards follow the suspicious men in Chapter 4?
(a) An old school house.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) The Alhambra Theatre.
(d) Victoria and Albert Museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Julius?
2. What does Jim do on the morning following the death of the King?
3. What is label on the file which Bleichroder asks for in Chapter 4?
4. Whom do Becky and Adelaide talk to at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What does Karl von Gaisberg tell Jim in the bar in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jim's job at court?
2. Describe Becky's time at Orchard House.
3. Why is J. Taylor looking for Adelaide? What does Becky tell him about her?
4. Why must the Prince and Adelaide go to Razkavia?
5. What does Jim learn about Prince Leopold from Gaisberg in Chapter 6?
6. What happens at the end of the novel to create mystery for the reader?
7. What do the Prince and Becky's mother talk about in Chapter 4?
8. Why is Becky walking through the St. John's area of London at the beginning of the novel?
9. What does Becky suggest in Chapter 7 to Adelaide and Jim?
10. What does Jim do after the shooting?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)