|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Becky at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) She is kidnapped.
(b) She is sent to live on the other side of the country.
(c) She is wrestled to the ground.
(d) She is locked away.
2. What does Jim tell one of the students to prepare in Chapter 17?
(a) A leaflet.
(b) Some food.
(c) A treaty.
(d) Some small weapons.
3. What does the Count need from Herr Bangemann in Chapter 10?
(b) His expertise in navy warfare.
(c) His talents.
(d) His connections.
4. Which train do Adelaide, Becky, and the others plan to use in Chapter 17?
(a) The 43rd Train.
(b) The South Train.
(c) The Royal Train.
(d) The Blue Train.
5. What do Jim and Karl decide to do without telling the Count in Chapter 12?
(a) Meet with German officials.
(b) Return Adelaide to England.
(c) Kidnap Carmen Ruiz and take her to the palace.
(d) Rescue Leopold and find Carmen Ruiz.
6. What do Adelaide and the others hear coming from the train station in Chapter 17?
(b) A mob.
(d) A train.
7. Where is the flag to be taken in Chapter 17?
8. Why do Jim, Adelaide, and the others make a stretcher in Chapter 18?
(a) To carry materials from the mine.
(b) To transport Becky who is injured.
(c) To carry a tired old woman who has been marching.
(d) To transport a pregnant woman in labor.
9. What does a student tell Jim, Becky, and Adelaide while they eat in Chapter 16?
(a) Otto has been helping them behind the scenes.
(b) The Austrians will invade.
(c) German troops are arriving by train.
(d) The students are behind them 100%.
10. Where does Godel want the Countess to go in Chapter 15?
(a) To prison.
(b) To a hotel.
(c) To England.
(d) To her sick husband.
11. Because of the honor Adelaide has given Jim, what is he now a member of?
(a) The nobility.
(b) The military.
(c) The upper-class.
(d) The Razkavia population.
12. What is Fraulein Gonzalez shocked by in Chapter 13?
(a) Jim stating that he wants to help her free Prince Leopold.
(b) Germans desire for the mines.
(c) Adelaide`s competence.
(d) Becky`s loyalty to the Queen.
13. What does Private Schweigner do in Chapter 18?
(a) Kidnaps a student.
(b) Orders a students death.
(c) Steals money from a student.
(d) Hits a student over the head with a shovel.
14. What does Adelaide visit in Chapter 10?
(a) A small pub.
(b) The nickel mines.
(c) The town square.
(d) The town hall.
15. According to the Count, how long do they have to get control of the country in Chapter 9?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fraulein Gonzalez afraid of in Chapter 13?
2. What is Becky's role in the Royal Household in Chapter 10?
3. According to Frau Busch, where is Carmen Ruiz as of Chapter 11?
4. Where does Jim awaken in Chapter 15?
5. Where is Becky when Adelaide and the others arrive at the train station in Chapter 17?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)