|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the flag to be taken in Chapter 17?
2. Where does Godel have Prince Leopold brought in Chapter 17?
(a) The prison.
(b) The townsquare.
(c) The grotto.
(d) The train station.
3. What does Godel demand to know about from Count Thalgau in Chapter 17?
(a) His reasons for staying in Razkavia.
(b) His connection to Prince Leopold.
(c) His motives for his involvement in the scheme.
(d) The terms of his deal with Berlin.
4. What does the uncle tell Jim and the students in Chapter 9?
(a) He heard a gunshot at 3am.
(b) There was no way of seeing the coronation from his apartment.
(c) He saw a suspicious person at around 5pm near his apartment.
(d) Herr Egger rented his apartment to a journalist for the day.
5. Because of the honor Adelaide has given Jim, what is he now a member of?
(a) The military.
(b) The nobility.
(c) The Razkavia population.
(d) The upper-class.
6. What do Jim and Karl decide to do without telling the Count in Chapter 12?
(a) Meet with German officials.
(b) Return Adelaide to England.
(c) Rescue Leopold and find Carmen Ruiz.
(d) Kidnap Carmen Ruiz and take her to the palace.
7. What is Becky's role in the Royal Household in Chapter 10?
(a) She is an advisor to the Queen.
(b) She has no role, but is there as a friend.
(c) She is the Queen`s maid.
(d) She is the Royal Translator.
8. What does Herr Egger tell Jim and the others in Chapter 9?
(a) The lady journalist had blonde hair and green eyes.
(b) The lady journalist left behind her camera.
(c) The lady journalist had a party following the coronation.
(d) The lady journalist was gone by the time he returned home.
9. How does Adelaide return to the Palace in Chapter 9?
(a) On foot.
(b) On horseback.
(c) In an open carriage.
(d) In the funicular.
10. Who is Menendez?
(a) Jim`s wife who died in an explosion.
(b) Egger`s neighbor.
(c) An advisor to the new Queen.
(d) The lady journalist who rented Egger's apartment.
11. Where does Adelaide plan to have the group of supporters march to in Chapter 18?
12. Who is Fraulein Gonzalez jealous of in Chapter 13?
(a) The Prince.
13. What circulates around the city in Chapter 17?
(a) A painting of the new King.
(c) A written declaration signed by the Queen.
14. In Chapter 10, Adelaide is ready to have diplomatic discussions about ____________.
(a) France and Sweden.
(c) Germany and Russia.
(d) Germany and Austria-Hungary.
15. Why can't Germany abide by Adelaide's treaty in Chapter 13?
(a) It is not signed.
(b) It is not beneficial to Germany.
(c) They do not recognize her leadership.
(d) Krupps needs all of Razkavia's nickel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Count need from Herr Bangemann in Chapter 10?
2. Why does Jim arrive at the house near the statue with roses in Chapter 13?
3. What does Becky receive from Adelaide in Chapter 18?
4. What does Jim read in his room following his trip to the grotto?
5. What does Jim tell one of the students to prepare in Chapter 17?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)