|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was with Menendez when Egger saw her earlier in the day in Chapter 9?
(a) An elderly woman with an oversized bag.
(b) No one.
(c) A small child.
(d) Her male photographer.
2. What happens to Becky at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) She is locked away.
(b) She is sent to live on the other side of the country.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She is wrestled to the ground.
3. To whom is Adelaide's treaty sent from Herr Bangemann in Chapter 13?
(b) Herr Bleichroder.
(d) The Count.
4. In Chapter 10, Adelaide is ready to have diplomatic discussions about ____________.
(b) France and Sweden.
(c) Germany and Austria-Hungary.
(d) Germany and Russia.
5. What does Jim find in the cave in Chapter 11?
(a) A treasure chest.
(b) A pile of weapons.
(c) A padlocked cell.
(d) A dead animal.
6. Where does Godel have Prince Leopold brought in Chapter 17?
(a) The train station.
(b) The prison.
(c) The grotto.
(d) The townsquare.
7. What does Otto offer Adelaide and the others in Chapter 19?
(a) Men, weapons, and breakfast.
(b) Clothes and blankets and a hot cup of tea.
(c) Shelter with many beds and hot soup.
(d) A hideout.
8. Which train do Adelaide, Becky, and the others plan to use in Chapter 17?
(a) The 43rd Train.
(b) The Blue Train.
(c) The Royal Train.
(d) The South Train.
9. What is Becky's role in the Royal Household in Chapter 10?
(a) She is an advisor to the Queen.
(b) She is the Queen`s maid.
(c) She is the Royal Translator.
(d) She has no role, but is there as a friend.
10. What does Becky have dreams about in Chapter 13?
(a) Her childhood.
(b) Jim and Adelaide marrying.
(c) The Spanish woman.
(d) Her mother in England.
11. How can Adelaide and the others stop Leopold from being installed as King?
(a) By sending Leopold to Germany.
(b) By having the flag in their possession.
(c) By proving his insanity.
(d) By having a public vote.
12. Whom does the Count suspect of killing Rudolf?
13. What is the reason given to the Great Powers for why the signing ceremony is postponed in Chapter 15?
(a) The weather is bad.
(b) The Queen is not prepared enough.
(c) The Queen's translator has died.
(d) The Queen is ill.
14. What does Jim read in his room following his trip to the grotto?
(a) A letter from Adelaide.
(b) A note from Becky.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A pamplet.
15. What do Jim and Adelaide do right before the train crashes in Chapter 18?
(a) They jump out of the train.
(b) They kiss.
(c) They tell each other that they love each other.
(d) They cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Private Schweigner do in Chapter 18?
2. What circulates around the city in Chapter 17?
3. Who forgives the Count in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Jim arrive at the house near the statue with roses in Chapter 13?
5. Why does Jim send for a servant at the end of Chapter 11?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)