|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jim and Adelaide do right before the train crashes in Chapter 18?
(a) They tell each other that they love each other.
(b) They jump out of the train.
(c) They cry.
(d) They kiss.
2. What do Adelaide and the others hear coming from the train station in Chapter 17?
(a) A mob.
(b) A train.
3. Who ordered Leopold to an asylum?
(b) Frau Busch.
(c) Carmen Ruiz.
(d) The King.
4. Who ordered a train for Prague in Chapter 17?
5. What does Jim do with his unraveled sweater in Chapter 16?
(a) He makes weapons.
(b) He wraps it around his bare feet.
(c) He eats it.
(d) He tries to free himself with it.
6. Why does Jim arrive at the house near the statue with roses in Chapter 13?
(a) He believes that actresses need flattery.
(b) He was given the roses by someone passing by.
(c) He thinks he knows the person who lives there.
(d) He hopes to give them to Adelaide.
7. Who is Menendez?
(a) Egger`s neighbor.
(b) The lady journalist who rented Egger's apartment.
(c) An advisor to the new Queen.
(d) Jim`s wife who died in an explosion.
8. What does Jim pretend to be in Chapter 10?
(a) A chaffeur.
(b) A butler.
(c) A valet.
(d) A footman.
9. According to Adelaide, what will she do in Andersbad in Chapter 18?
(a) Close the mines.
(b) Train soldiers.
(c) Open a school.
(d) Rally the troops and population.
10. What happens to Becky at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) She is wrestled to the ground.
(b) She is kidnapped.
(c) She is locked away.
(d) She is sent to live on the other side of the country.
11. Why can't Germany abide by Adelaide's treaty in Chapter 13?
(a) It is not beneficial to Germany.
(b) They do not recognize her leadership.
(c) Krupps needs all of Razkavia's nickel.
(d) It is not signed.
12. Why does Becky try to keep Adelaide busy in Chapter 16?
(a) Adelaide is bored.
(b) She notices the guards digging a hole outside.
(c) There is an evil looking man sharpening something in the hall.
(d) Adelaide is growing tired.
13. In Chapter 10, Adelaide is ready to have diplomatic discussions about ____________.
(b) France and Sweden.
(c) Germany and Russia.
(d) Germany and Austria-Hungary.
14. What do Jim and Karl decide to do without telling the Count in Chapter 12?
(a) Meet with German officials.
(b) Rescue Leopold and find Carmen Ruiz.
(c) Return Adelaide to England.
(d) Kidnap Carmen Ruiz and take her to the palace.
15. Where is Frau Busch from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has an uncle whom Jim and the students go to meet in Chapter 9?
2. What does a student find a statue of in Chapter 13?
3. Which train do Adelaide, Becky, and the others plan to use in Chapter 17?
4. To whom is Adelaide's treaty sent from Herr Bangemann in Chapter 13?
5. What circulates around the city in Chapter 17?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)