|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Jim and Karl go to Karl's room to eat dinner in Chapter 6?
(a) They want to discuss politics where they won't be overheard.
(b) All the restaurants are closed.
(c) Jim and Karl are broke.
(d) Karl loves cooking.
2. What did J. Taylor pay the butcher's boy to do in Chapter 2?
(a) Spy on some of the locals.
(b) Cut his meat a particular way.
(c) Give him a place to hide.
(d) Find a copper.
3. In Chapter 7, what is the man who arrives at Alois Egger's apartment carrying?
(a) A long leather box.
(b) A small jewelry box.
(c) A pile of pamplets.
(d) A gun.
4. Where do the Irish guards follow the suspicious men in Chapter 4?
(a) The Alhambra Theatre.
(b) An old school house.
(c) Big Ben.
(d) Victoria and Albert Museum.
5. Who escorts Becky home after the bomb explodes in Chapter 2?
(a) Her new boss.
(b) No one.
(c) Her new student.
(d) J. Taylor.
6. What does the actress do that is suspicious in Chapter 4?
(a) She wipes a knife clean.
(b) She throws a bouquet of roses in the trash.
(c) She hides when anyone enters her room.
(d) She stares coldly at a portrait.
7. How does Jim get to the crowded streets quickly in Chapter 8?
(a) By riding a horse.
(b) By running.
(c) By taking a shortcut.
(d) By taking the Royal Carriage.
8. Who visits Becky's rooming house in Chapter 4?
(a) The Prince and Jim.
(b) The Count and Countess.
(c) The Prince, Adelaide, and the Countess.
(d) Adelaide and Adelaide's first love.
9. Where does Becky currently live?
(a) St. John's Wood.
(d) Maida Vale.
10. How old is Becky in 1882?
11. Why must the Prince return to Razkavia in Chapter 3?
(a) There is widespread starvation due to drought.
(b) His father has taken ill.
(c) A militia group is trying to overthrow the government.
(d) His brother has been assassinated.
12. What does Godel suddenly announce to Adelaide in Chapter 7?
(a) He has scheduled an overseas visit for her.
(b) He is firing Jim.
(c) He is retiring.
(d) He has a new translator for her.
13. What does the Prince ask Becky's mother in Chapter 4?
(a) How she makes ends meet.
(b) What the public thinks of the Prince's family.
(c) He asks her about Becky's educational background.
(d) If Becky can accompany them to Razkavia.
14. What is the capital of Razkavia?
15. How old was Becky when she left central Europe?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Nine years old.
(c) One year old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the apartment where a man and woman arrive at in Chapter 7 overlooking?
2. What is the name of the house where J. Taylor takes Becky in Chapter 2?
3. How do Jim and Gaisberg escape from the bar in Chapter 6?
4. What does Rudolf pass to Adelaide after he is shot during the coronation march?
5. What happens on the night after Adelaide is made an official princess?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)