|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim advise Adelaide to do in Chapter 7?
(a) Return to England.
(b) Learn the language as soon as possible.
(c) Schedule as many public visits as possible.
(d) Hire a fleet of bodyguards.
2. What does Karl von Gaisberg tell Jim in the bar in Chapter 6?
(a) An uprising will take place the following day.
(b) No one has respect for the Prince.
(c) Jim is not welcome at the bar.
(d) Most students are pro-German.
3. How did the Prince and Adelaide meet?
(a) The Prince was a customer at the house of ill repute she worked at.
(b) Adelaide was hired to redecorate his foyer.
(c) Adelaide is the sister of the Prince's valet.
(d) The Prince's carriage almost ran over Adelaide on the street.
4. What do the Richterbund students report to Jim about Glatz in Chapter 7?
(a) He is leading the revolt against the royal family.
(b) He is increasing his contact with foreign military men.
(c) He used to live in Germany and work for the head of commandment there.
(d) He plans to disrupt the public visits of the Queen.
5. Whom does the Prince suspect of setting off the bomb from Chapter 2?
(a) His cousin.
(b) An unrelated fanatic.
(c) His closest advisor.
(d) His father.
6. What does Rudolf pass to Adelaide after he is shot during the coronation march?
(a) A rope.
(b) A medal.
(c) The flag.
(d) A ring.
7. What is the Adlertrager?
(a) A flag.
(b) A rope.
(c) A ring.
(d) A medal.
8. What is the apartment where a man and woman arrive at in Chapter 7 overlooking?
(a) The mines.
(b) The cathedral.
(c) The townsquare.
(d) The train station.
9. Where does Jim find a picture of Prince Leopold in Chapter 6?
(a) In a storage room in the castle.
(b) In the picture gallery.
(c) In an old history book.
(d) In the King's private chambers.
10. Where does Becky currently live?
(b) St. John's Wood.
(c) Maida Vale.
11. What do Jim and the Captain of the Hussars do in Chapter 8?
(a) Gather a small army.
(c) Move the barge to the other shore.
(d) Eat a hearty meal.
12. What does Adelaide refuse in Chapter 7?
(a) A change of staff.
(b) A banquet in her honor.
(c) To leave the country.
(d) Her new translator.
13. Where is the socialist club that J. Taylor goes to in Chapter 3?
(d) Hyde Park.
14. Whom is J. Taylor looking for when he meets Becky?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) A police officer.
15. Who is the author of "The Tin Princess"?
(a) Philip Pullman.
(b) Richard Peck.
(c) Natalie Babbitt.
(d) Susan Cooper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the Prince return to Razkavia in Chapter 3?
2. Whom do Becky and Adelaide talk to at the end of Chapter 5?
3. According to the Count, why can't Godel be fired?
4. What is the capital of Razkavia?
5. Who is Julius?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)