|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Prince give Becky and her mother money in Chapter 4?
(a) To buy clothes and whatever else she needs.
(b) To keep them quiet.
(c) To hand out to their neighbors in need.
(d) To impress Becky's mother.
2. What do the Richterbund students report to Jim about Glatz in Chapter 7?
(a) He plans to disrupt the public visits of the Queen.
(b) He is increasing his contact with foreign military men.
(c) He used to live in Germany and work for the head of commandment there.
(d) He is leading the revolt against the royal family.
3. Who was murdered before Adelaide disappeared ten years ago?
(a) The father of Mrs. Goldberg.
(b) The son of Mrs. Goldberg.
(c) The sister of Mrs. Goldberg.
(d) The niece of Mrs. Goldberg.
4. What does Jim learn about Prince Leopold in Chapter 6?
(a) He was illegitimate.
(b) He never wanted to be King.
(c) He was secretly married.
(d) He died under mysterious circumstances.
5. Whom does Adelaide want to accompany her to Razkavia?
(a) The Prince.
(d) Her mother.
6. Becky lives with ____________.
(a) Her two sisters.
(b) Her brother and parents.
(c) Her mother and grandmother.
(d) Her grandfather.
7. What happens after Jim punches Glatz in Chapter 6?
(a) Glatz laughs.
(b) Jim is knocked out.
(c) Glatz has a seizure.
(d) A brawl breaks out.
8. What happens on the night after Adelaide is made an official princess?
(a) Someone tries to poison Adelaide.
(b) The King dies.
(c) Someone sneaks into Adelaide's room and attacks her.
(d) The Prince is kidnapped.
9. Where does Jim find a picture of Prince Leopold in Chapter 6?
(a) In a storage room in the castle.
(b) In the King's private chambers.
(c) In an old history book.
(d) In the picture gallery.
10. Whom does the Prince suspect of setting off the bomb from Chapter 2?
(a) His father.
(b) His closest advisor.
(c) An unrelated fanatic.
(d) His cousin.
11. Why must the Prince return to Razkavia in Chapter 3?
(a) There is widespread starvation due to drought.
(b) A militia group is trying to overthrow the government.
(c) His father has taken ill.
(d) His brother has been assassinated.
12. How old is Becky in 1882?
13. How did the Prince and Adelaide meet?
(a) Adelaide is the sister of the Prince's valet.
(b) Adelaide was hired to redecorate his foyer.
(c) The Prince's carriage almost ran over Adelaide on the street.
(d) The Prince was a customer at the house of ill repute she worked at.
14. What does Adelaide refuse in Chapter 7?
(a) To leave the country.
(b) Her new translator.
(c) A change of staff.
(d) A banquet in her honor.
15. What did J. Taylor pay the butcher's boy to do in Chapter 2?
(a) Cut his meat a particular way.
(b) Find a copper.
(c) Give him a place to hide.
(d) Spy on some of the locals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Karl von Gaisberg tell Jim in the bar in Chapter 6?
2. Where is Jim when the shooting in Chapter 8 takes place?
3. What area of London is Becky walking through at the beginning of the novel?
4. What language is Becky learning?
5. What is the apartment where a man and woman arrive at in Chapter 7 overlooking?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)