|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Valdivieso says he believes who made up the nickname that Valdivieso is called in Part Two, Chapter 1?
2. Who responds to the Colonel that he is to be Officer of the Day tomorrow during the funeral in Part Two, Chapter 2?
(a) Lt. Gamboa
(b) Lt. Pitaluga
(c) Lt. Pitaluga
(d) Lt. Huarina
3. When the other cadets return to the Fifth Year bunks in Part Two, Chapter 8, Alberto tells them that he got his injuries how?
(a) He was hit by a car
(b) He was in a train accident
(c) The Jaguar hit him
(d) He was kicked by a horse
4. Ricardo’s father tells Alberto that they’ve operated on his son how many times when they meet in the halls of the infirmary in Part Two, Chapter 1?
5. Whose funeral is being held in Part Two, Chapter 2?
(a) Alberto Fernandez’s
(b) Ricardo Arana’s
(d) Carmela Cigüeña’s
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Jaguar is ordered by Lt. Gamboa to go to the guardhouse in Part Two, Chapter 4, he tells Curly, “If this is about the exam, a lot of people are going to” what?
2. After Alberto’s fight on the beach and his trouble with the police in Part Two, Chapter 5, he doesn’t return home but goes to live with whom?
3. How many cadets does the captain at the Fifth Year barracks say are currently confined in the beginning of Part Two, Chapter 7?
4. What is the name of the friend of Skinny’s that meets Skinny and Alberto to perform a robbery in Part Two, Chapter 3?
5. The captain tells Lt. Gamboa in the Epilogue that with his new assignment he can now visit where when he goes on leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Colonel use in order to blackmail the Poet in Part Two, Chapter 6?
2. Who is the second narrator of Part Two, Chapter 1? What does this character relate in the chapter?
3. Who is the narrator in the opening of Part Two, Chapter 3? What does this character describe?
4. What does the character of Ricardo Arana represent symbolically in The Time of the Hero?
5. What does the character of the Boa represent symbolically in The Time of the Hero?
6. How is the Slave injured in the novel? What is the status of his injuries in the opening of Part Two?
7. What confession does Alberto make in Part Two, Chapter 3? To whom does he make this confession?
8. How does Alberto effectively get out of school early in Part Two, Chapter 1? On what days does he leave the campus?
9. How would you describe the Boa’s relationship to the Jaguar in the novel?
10. What vow does the Jaguar make in Part Two, Chapter 4? Who witnesses this vow?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)