|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lt. Gamboa say was found in the Jaguar’s locker in Part Two, Chapter 5?
(a) A confession letter, cigarettes, and pornography
(b) A illicit photograph, pornography, and cigarettes
(c) An illegal gun, two bottles of pisco, and cigarettes
(d) Cigarettes, two bottles of pisco, and skeleton keys
2. Valdivieso says he believes who made up the nickname that Valdivieso is called in Part Two, Chapter 1?
3. What does Tere give to the narrator in Part Two, Chapter 2 for his birthday?
(a) A wool jacket
(b) A book
(c) A pair of new shoes
(d) A sleeveless sweater
4. When Alberto goes to the dark, dirty bar to look for Skinny, Skinny defends Alberto against a drunk by telling him that Alberto is his what in Part Two, Chapter 2?
5. Who is sitting at his desk “hunched over like a porcupine” when Lt. Gamboa enters the barracks of the Fifth Year in the beginning of Part Two, Chapter 7?
(a) Capt. Garrido
(b) Lt. Ferrero
(c) Lt. Pitaluga
(d) Lt. Huarina
6. How many cadets does the captain at the Fifth Year barracks say are currently confined in the beginning of Part Two, Chapter 7?
7. Skinny tells Alberto about one time when Alberto’s brother was caught breaking into a house where in Part Two, Chapter 2?
(a) La Perla
8. What is the name of the friend of Skinny’s that meets Skinny and Alberto to perform a robbery in Part Two, Chapter 3?
9. What is the name of the dog that the narrator describes howling all night in the beginning of Part Two, Chapter 1?
10. Who does Alberto call from the busy bar in Part Two, Chapter 3?
(a) Lt. Gamboa
(b) Capt. Garrido
(c) Lt. Pitaluga
(d) Lt. Huarina
11. How much money does Skinny give to Alberto after they perform the house robbery in Part Two, Chapter 3, while promising him more tomorrow?
(a) 10 soles
(b) 20 soles
(c) 5 soles
(d) 3 soles
12. One of the cadets says that Alberto is half what ethnicity in Part Two, Chapter 1?
13. Alberto sees Teresa with two girls after the last exam in Part Two, Chapter 4. Where does Teresa tell him they are going?
(a) To the movies
(b) To the beach
(c) To a candy store
(d) To the library
14. How long has it been since Alberto’s godfather has seen him when he arrives at his house in Part Two, Chapter 7?
(a) 2 years
(b) 1 year
(c) 3 years
(d) 5 years
15. How long ago does Alberto say that Teresa came to live next door to him in Part Two, Chapter 4?
(a) 1 year ago
(b) 4 years ago
(c) 3 years ago
(d) 2 years ago
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Jaguar admit in his note to Lt. Gamboa in the Epilogue of the novel?
2. When questioned by Lt. Gamboa in Part Two, Chapter 5, the Jaguar admits that everyone in the first section bought exams except for whom?
3. Who is the art and music teacher that Alberto describes in Part Two, Chapter 1?
4. Who does Lt. Gamboa order to take the Jaguar’s place in the attack formation in Part Two, Chapter 5?
5. The narrator of Part Two, Chapter 5 says that “they say” what women “are the most beautiful in the world”?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)