|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the other cadets return to the Fifth Year bunks in Part Two, Chapter 8, Alberto tells them that he got his injuries how?
(a) He was kicked by a horse
(b) He was in a train accident
(c) He was hit by a car
(d) The Jaguar hit him
2. How old does the narrator say the dog is that lives at the Academy in Part Two, Chapter 1?
(a) Over 7 years old
(b) Over 10 years old
(c) Over 3 years old
(d) Over 5 years old
3. Whose quote opens Part Two of the novel (“I’m twenty years old. Don’t let anyone tell me it is the most beautiful period of life.”)?
(a) Lord Byron’s
(b) Jean-Paul Sartre’s
(c) Enrico Salazar’s
(d) Paul Nizan’s
4. Skinny tells Alberto about one time when Alberto’s brother was caught breaking into a house where in Part Two, Chapter 2?
(b) La Perla
5. Valdivieso says he believes who made up the nickname that Valdivieso is called in Part Two, Chapter 1?
6. The captain tells Lt. Gamboa in the Epilogue that with his new assignment he can now visit where when he goes on leave?
7. At what time is the funeral of the cadet set to take place in Part Two, Chapter 2?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 8:00 p.m.
(c) 6:00 p.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
8. The captain tells Lt. Gamboa in Part Two, Chapter 7, “A clean conscience might help you get into heaven, but it won’t help” what?
(a) Your ambitions
(b) Your brotherhood
(c) Your marriage
(d) Your career
9. What does the Jaguar admit in his note to Lt. Gamboa in the Epilogue of the novel?
(a) That he murdered Cava
(b) That he murdered the Slave
(c) That he stole the chemistry exam
(d) That he cheated on the history exam
10. Who believes that the squealer in Part Two, Chapter 5 must be the Jaguar after the lockers are searched?
11. Whose monument does Alberto stop in front of in the darkness in Part Two, Chapter 3?
(a) Jean-Pierre Blanchard’s
(b) Néstor Chávez’s
(c) Jorge Chavez’s
(d) Emilio Carranza’s
12. To what street does Alberto go to find his godfather in Part Two, Chapter 7?
(a) Sáenz Peña Avenue
(b) Francisco Pizarro Avenue
(c) Arica Avenue
(d) Progreso Avenue
13. Lt. Gamboa receives a letter from his wife in the beginning of Part Two, Chapter 6. In it, she says that who and her husband were waiting for her at the airport?
14. When Alberto goes to the dark, dirty bar to look for Skinny, Skinny defends Alberto against a drunk by telling him that Alberto is his what in Part Two, Chapter 2?
15. Whose funeral is being held in Part Two, Chapter 2?
(a) Ricardo Arana’s
(c) Carmela Cigüeña’s
(d) Alberto Fernandez’s
Short Answer Questions
1. When questioned by Lt. Gamboa in Part Two, Chapter 5, the Jaguar admits that everyone in the first section bought exams except for whom?
2. The Jaguar tells Lt. Gamboa in the Epilogue, “They all say, ‘Gamboa’s the strictest of the officers but he’s the only one that’s’” what?
3. What is Valdivieso’s nickname in the Circle?
4. Where has Lt. Gamboa been transferred to in the Epilogue?
5. What is the name of the commandant that is in the colonel’s office when Alberto enters in Part Two, Chapter 6?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)