|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cadet does the narrator of Part Two, Chapter 3 describe as having been seen in town in a “big red car and he was wearing a fancy yellow shirt”?
2. The young lieutenant who calls for Alberto in Part Two, Chapter 4 tells him to go to the office of his Year and report to whom?
(a) Lt. Pitaluga
(b) Lt. Huarina
(c) Capt. Garrido
(d) Lt. Gamboa
3. Skinny tells Alberto about one time when Alberto’s brother was caught breaking into a house where in Part Two, Chapter 2?
(b) La Perla
4. Lt. Gamboa receives a letter from his wife in the beginning of Part Two, Chapter 6. In it, she says that who and her husband were waiting for her at the airport?
5. What does the narrator of Part Two, Chapter 3 say they’ve changed the dog’s name to that lives at the Academy?
6. Where is Lt. Gamboa’s “solitary house” located, according to the narrator of Part Two, Chapter 8?
7. How many years have passed since Lt. Gamboa was a cadet and went to the movies with Rosa every Sunday in Part Two, Chapter 8?
8. Who does the narrator of Part Two, Chapter 3 say is always talking about the Poet and is perhaps envious of him?
9. When questioned by Lt. Gamboa in Part Two, Chapter 5, the Jaguar admits that everyone in the first section bought exams except for whom?
(b) Lt. Ferrero
(c) Ricardo Arana
10. Alberto says that each time he goes with Skinny to rob houses, he earns about how much in Part Two, Chapter 4?
(a) 5 soles
(b) 10 soles
(c) 20 soles
(d) 15 soles
11. How much money does the narrator of Part Two, Chapter 2 say his godfather gave him every year for his birthday?
(a) 20 soles
(b) 10 soles
(c) 1 sol
(d) 5 soles
12. Where does Alberto say Skinny took him to a different bar that was dark and dirty in Part Two, Chapter 2?
(a) Francisco Pizarro Avenue
(b) Arica Avenue
(c) The Bellavista Plaza
(d) Sáenz Peña Avenue
13. What did Lt. Gamboa tell the Jaguar to take with him to the guardhouse when he approached him in the beginning of Part Two, Chapter 4?
(a) His uniform, his books, and his training gear
(b) Pajamas, a toothbrush, a towel, and a bar of soap
(c) His telephone, his watch, and his electronics
(d) His pillow, a towel, his books, and his uniform
14. Of what cadet does the narrator of Part Two, Chapter 3 say he “never talks any more. It’s over four days since his buddy’s funeral, he could’ve got over it by now, but he’s even worse”?
(c) The Boa
15. After Alberto’s fight on the beach and his trouble with the police in Part Two, Chapter 5, he doesn’t return home but goes to live with whom?
(a) Skinny Higueras
(b) Capt. Garrido
(c) Lt. Huarina
(d) Señor Cigüeña
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose “songlike voice” does Alberto distinguish among the cadets shouting “Squealer!” at the Jaguar in Part Two, Chapter 8?
2. What is revealed in Lt. Gamboa’s telegram in the Epilogue of the novel?
3. What is Valdivieso’s nickname in the Circle?
4. Lt. Gamboa tells the cadets in the Fifth to take attack formation and for each man to stand how far apart from the next in Part Two, Chapter 5?
5. Whose funeral is being held in Part Two, Chapter 2?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)