|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Skinny give to Alberto after they perform the house robbery in Part Two, Chapter 3, while promising him more tomorrow?
(a) 3 soles
(b) 5 soles
(c) 10 soles
(d) 20 soles
2. Who does the narrator of Part Two, Chapter 3 say is always talking about the Poet and is perhaps envious of him?
3. Lt. Gamboa receives a letter from his wife in the beginning of Part Two, Chapter 6. In it, she says that who and her husband were waiting for her at the airport?
4. What cadet does the narrator of Part Two, Chapter 3 describe as having been seen in town in a “big red car and he was wearing a fancy yellow shirt”?
5. Who comes running into the barracks shouting at the cadets to be quiet and stop as they verbally assault the Jaguar in Part Two, Chapter 8?
6. Who believes that the squealer in Part Two, Chapter 5 must be the Jaguar after the lockers are searched?
7. Whose funeral is being held in Part Two, Chapter 2?
(a) Alberto Fernandez’s
(c) Carmela Cigüeña’s
(d) Ricardo Arana’s
8. What is Valdivieso’s nickname in the Circle?
(a) The Boa
(b) The Slave
(c) The Poet
(d) The Jaguar
9. What does Tere give to the narrator in Part Two, Chapter 2 for his birthday?
(a) A wool jacket
(b) A sleeveless sweater
(c) A pair of new shoes
(d) A book
10. Who is the instructor of the physical education class that Alberto describes sneaking out of in Part Two, Chapter 1?
(a) Señor Fernandez
(b) Señor Cigüeña
(c) Señor Pitaluga
(d) Señor Zapata
11. Where has Lt. Gamboa been transferred to in the Epilogue?
12. What did Lt. Gamboa tell the Jaguar to take with him to the guardhouse when he approached him in the beginning of Part Two, Chapter 4?
(a) His telephone, his watch, and his electronics
(b) His pillow, a towel, his books, and his uniform
(c) His uniform, his books, and his training gear
(d) Pajamas, a toothbrush, a towel, and a bar of soap
13. Alberto says in Part Two, Chapter 7, “The rest of that day I just wandered around, and a woman gave me some bread and a little milk. When it got dark I slept in a ditch again, near” what street?
(a) Sáenz Peña Avenue
(b) Arica Avenue
(c) Progreso Avenue
(d) Bellavista Avenue
14. What is the name of the dog that the narrator describes howling all night in the beginning of Part Two, Chapter 1?
15. Lt. Gamboa tells the cadets in the Fifth to take attack formation and for each man to stand how far apart from the next in Part Two, Chapter 5?
(a) 20 yards
(b) 15 yards
(c) 5 yards
(d) 10 yards
Short Answer Questions
1. To what street does Alberto go to find his godfather in Part Two, Chapter 7?
2. After Alberto’s fight on the beach and his trouble with the police in Part Two, Chapter 5, he doesn’t return home but goes to live with whom?
3. The young lieutenant who calls for Alberto in Part Two, Chapter 4 tells him to go to the office of his Year and report to whom?
4. What is revealed in Lt. Gamboa’s telegram in the Epilogue of the novel?
5. To whom does the Jaguar say in the barracks in Part Two, Chapter 8, “Yes, you’re a gentleman. Of course you are. Everybody from Miraflores is a gentleman”?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)