|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Teresa’s school uniform described in Part One, Chapter 7?
(a) A yellow skirt and a white blouse
(b) A blue skirt and a white blouse
(c) A pink skirt and a white blouse
(d) A red skirt and a blue blouse
2. How much does Paulino charge for a slug of pisco at the hideout in Part One, Chapter 5?
(a) 50 centavos
(b) 25 centavos
(c) 10 centavos
(d) 15 centavos
3. Where does the narrator of Part One, Chapter 3 describe going to soccer games on the days when his neighbor goes to Lima with her aunt?
4. The narrator of Part One, Chapter 5 says that “Tere went to have lunch on weekdays with some relatives who lived near her school” where?
(a) In Medio Mundo
(b) In Lima
(c) In Mexico City
(d) In Barranca
5. The quote that opens Part One, Chapter 1 (“We play the part of heroes because we’re cowards, the part of saints because we’re wicked”) is written by whom?
(a) Franz Kafka
(b) Jean-Paul Sartre
(c) Samuel Beckett
(d) Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lt. Gamboa say he always does when he is Officer of the Guard to pass the time in Part One, Chapter 8?
2. What is the name of the military academy that Cava and the other boys attend in the novel?
3. The narrator of Part Two, Chapter 2 says that his godfather “lived a long way off, out by” what?
4. Who is described in Part Two, Chapter 4 as “a very young lieutenant, in charge of a company in the Third”?
5. What book does Vallano decide to “rent out” to the other cadets in Part One, Chapter 6?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)