|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from Part One, Chapter 1 refers to a wild South American camelid that lives in the high alpine areas of the Andes?
2. At what time does the Boa say he has to go on guard in the beginning of Part One, Chapter 1?
3. On Saturdays, how long do the Fifth Year cadets have “to wash, dress, make their bunks, and fall in” after the bugle call, according to the narrator in Part One, Chapter 2?
(a) 3 minutes
(b) 10 minutes
(c) 8 minutes
(d) 5 minutes
4. The narrator describes Alberto as getting off the bus at what stop in the beginning of Part One, Chapter 4?
5. How many points does Alberto say he needs for the exam in Part One, Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alberto’s father say he’ll send Alberto next year if he does well on his exams in Part One, Chapter 4?
2. Who does the narrator of Part One, Chapter 3 say lives next door to him and often comes to the door when he knocks unless her aunt does?
3. What character is described in Part One, Chapter 2 as “an excellent soccer player and his kick had tremendous force”?
4. Who sleeps in the upper bunk in Cava’s room in Part One, Chapter 1?
5. For how many years does the narrator say his father served the government in Part One, Chapter 3?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)