|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in Part One, Chapter 2, “this Saturday was an exception. The field exercises had been canceled because the Fifth was scheduled to take” what exam?
(a) The chemistry exam
(b) The calculus exam
(c) The Latin exam
(d) The history exam
2. What number does the Jaguar call out after the roll of dice in the opening of Part One, Chapter 1?
3. Where does Alberto’s father say he’ll send Alberto next year if he does well on his exams in Part One, Chapter 4?
(a) The Soviet Union
(c) Mexico City
(d) The United States
4. The narrator describes a fight breaking out at the movie theater because what character refused to get rid of the bricks he was sitting on in Part One, Chapter 3?
(a) The Jaguar
(c) The Boa
(d) The Poet
5. The Slave tells Alberto that who is on duty today in the beginning of Part One, Chapter 2?
(a) Lt. Gamboa
(b) Lt. Huarina
(c) Lt. Ferrero
(d) Lt. Fernandez
Short Answer Questions
1. During the fight at the movie theater, who does the narrator of Part One, Chapter 3 say hit him “so hard in the belly I couldn’t breathe”?
2. Alberto’s father suggests to Alberto’s mother that they rent a decent house where, in Part One, Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of the military academy that Cava and the other boys attend in the novel?
4. The narrator notes in Part One, Chapter 2 of the Fifth Year cadets that they know there are how many minutes between the bugle player’s call and the whistle that calls them to fall in line?
5. How long ago does the narrator say Cava came to Lima to finish school in Part One, Chapter 1?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)