Part 1, Chapters 1-4
1. The quote that opens Part One, Chapter 1 (“We play the part of heroes because we’re cowards, the part of saints because we’re wicked”) is written by whom?
(a) Jean-Paul Sartre
(b) Franz Kafka
(c) Alfred, Lord Tennyson
(d) Samuel Beckett
2. What number does the Jaguar call out after the roll of dice in the opening of Part One, Chapter 1?
3. Where does the narrator say Porfirio Cava grew up in Part One, Chapter 1?
(a) The coast
(b) The meadowlands
(c) The mountains
(d) The desert
4. At what time does the Boa say he has to go on guard in the beginning of Part One, Chapter 1?
5. Who exits the meeting with the Boa in the beginning of Part One, Chapter 1?
6. Where do the members of The Circle meet in the beginning of Part One, Chapter 1?
(a) The rooftop
(b) The exercise fields
(c) The latrine
(d) The cave
This section contains 5,079 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)