|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Italian monk that is working with the children when Natalia and Zora arrive to administer their vaccines in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
(a) Dr. Srdjan.
(b) Fra Parso.
(c) Fra Antun.
(d) Dominic Lazlo.
2. Where did Natalia's grandfather grow up?
3. Natalia and Zora's skull replicas are taken by customs at the border by what river valley in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
(a) The Nile River Valley.
(b) The Buzau River Valley.
(c) The Grava River Valley.
(d) The Veleka River Valley.
4. What does Natalia respond when her grandfather asks what she might specialize in when she is in medical school in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
(a) Facial reconstruction.
(c) Pediatric surgery.
5. What intern does Natalia's grandfather describe as a "brilliant little Hungarian fellow who has paid a lot of money to study at our University, and who doesn’t speak a word of the language" in Chapter 2: "The War"?
(a) Hassan Effendi.
(b) Bogdan Dankov.
(c) Dominic Lazlo.
(d) M. Dobravka.
6. How old are the two boys that appear sick and are working along with the diggers in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
(a) About thirteen.
(b) About nine.
(c) About fourteen.
(d) About six.
7. Because of walking out with the nurses on strike, Natalia says that she was given an indefinite suspension from the clinic where in Chapter 1: "The Coast"?
8. What is the name of the digger's son that Natalia tries to get sent home from the site because he has fever in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
9. After her suspension, Natalia had gone back to volunteering for what organization at the suggestion of her grandfather in Chapter 1: "The Coast"?
(a) The Jesuit Health Initiative.
(b) The University's United Clinics program.
(c) The NATO Health Initiative.
(d) The World Health Organization.
10. Where does the woman from the clinic tell Natalia that Dejana is currently when she calls from the bar in Zdrevkov in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
11. What is the name of the twenty-one-year-old self-proclaimed gun-runner that Zora begins dating when she is fifteen in Chapter 2: "The War"?
12. Who is the professor of biochemical engineering that failed to put in a good word for Natalia after her suspension?
(a) Dr. Avgustin.
(b) Fra Antun.
(c) Dr. Srdjan.
(d) Dr. Bogdan Dankov.
13. What is the name of the town butcher in Galina in Chapter 4: "The Tiger"?
14. How old is Ori when Natalia meets him in Chapter 2: "The War"?
15. How long ago does Natalia say she was with her grandfather when he discovered his illness at the Military Academy of Medicine in Chapter 1: "The Coast"?
(a) 2 years ago.
(b) 3 weeks ago.
(c) 6 months ago.
(d) 3 months ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Natalia's mother teach at the University in Chapter 2: "The War"?
2. Natalia says in Chapter 2: "The War" that by the time she was what age, "the ritual of the tigers had become an annoyance"?
3. What is the name of the turtle that Frau Antun asks Natalia and Zora if they've met yet at the orphanage in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
4. What is the name of Natalia's teacher when she is fourteen in Chapter 2: "The War"?
5. During wartime, how are the students' classrooms rearranged at Natalia's school in Chapter 2: "The War"?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)