|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: “The River” and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on the plaque of the clinic in Zdrevkov in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
(b) Bless those under this roof.
(c) Veteran's Center.
(d) Free Clinic.
2. Who is the man that specializes in producing plastic replicas of human parts and sells them on the black market to dentists, orthopedists, and surgeons during the trade embargo in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
(c) Dominic Lazlo.
3. How far does Fra Antun tell Natalia that Zdrevkov is from the orphanage in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
(a) Two hours' drive.
(b) Three hours' drive.
(c) An hour's drive.
(d) A twenty-minute drive.
4. The Deathless Man tells Natalia's grandfather in Chapter 11: "The Bombing," "Believe me, Doctor, if your life ends in suddenness you will be" what?
(a) Utterly miserable.
(c) Weighted with burden.
(d) Glad it did.
5. The hajduk band that the apothecary spent much of his youth with eventually fell to a band of what, according to the narrator in Chapter 12: "The Apothecary"?
(a) Egyptian soldiers.
(b) Magyar bounty hunters.
(c) Roman invaders.
(d) British soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Barba Ivan's wife in the novel?
2. How long ago does Barba Ivan say the diggers arrived on his doorstep in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
3. What word from Chapter 6: "The Fire" refers to doctors who specialize in working on the kidney?
4. In what year does Natalia's grandfather say he met Natalia's grandmother in Chapter 2: "The War"?
5. What is the name of the giant Welsh rabbit described at the zoo in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)