|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: “The River” and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to rescue Natalia and Zora when they are detained at the customs border in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
(a) Zora's father.
(b) Natalia's grandfather.
(c) Zora's grandfather.
(d) Natalia's mother.
2. In what month does Natalia say she walked out with the nurses on strike in Chapter 1: "The Coast"?
3. Where does Fra Antun describe Arlo going camping in the year before the war with several boys in Chapter 10: "The Crossroads"?
4. What does Natalia tells Zora she's going to buy when she takes the car to drive to Zdrevkov in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
(c) Dog food.
5. What Ottoman dish of baked filled pastries made of phyllo dough is described in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What river is described by the citadel where the tiger was caged in Chapter 4: "The Tiger"?
2. How old is Ori when Natalia meets him in Chapter 2: "The War"?
3. Who is the Franciscan monk that runs the monastery and is Natalia and Zora's contact in Chapter 1: "The Coast"?
4. Natalia describes paintings of what animal that filled the home in the abandoned village in the Epilogue?
5. For how long does Natalia spend time with Ori before he disappears in Chapter 2: "The War"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)