|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: “The River” and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from Chapter 6: "The Fire" refers to patronage bestowed or favoritism shown on the basis of family relationship?
2. Natalia describes a huge tree outside her grandfather's village on the bank of a stream that leads down from what river in Chapter 12: "The Apothecary"?
(a) The Klamath River.
(b) The Nile River.
(c) The Indiri River.
(d) The Galinica River.
3. What is the name of the midwife that took in Natalia's grandfather when he was orphaned as a child?
(a) Fra Antun.
(b) Nada Ivan.
(c) Mother Vera.
(d) M. Dobravka.
4. How old is Luka when he leaves home to pursue life as a musician in Chapter 7: "The Butcher"?
5. Where does Luka go in order to pursue life as a musician in Chapter 7: "The Butcher"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fra Antun say the teenage boys were coming home from when they were killed by a land mine in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
2. What single word is written on the last page of The Jungle Book that Natalia describes in her grandfather's pocket in the Epilogue?
3. How long ago does Natalia say she was with her grandfather when he discovered his illness at the Military Academy of Medicine in Chapter 1: "The Coast"?
4. How does Fra Antun say he was related to Arlo in Chapter 10: "The Crossroads"?
5. What does Natalia respond when her grandfather asks what she might specialize in when she is in medical school in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)