|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: “The River” and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the tiger at the zoo begin compulsively doing in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
(a) Eating itself.
(b) Eating its young.
(c) Attacking the zookeepers.
(d) Breaking out of its cage.
2. How is Darisa the Bear's appearance described in Chapter 9: "The Bear"?
(a) Short and bearded.
(b) Tall and thin.
(c) Short and smooth-faced.
(d) Tall and hairy.
3. What is the name that the apothecary had been abandoned with at the orphanage, according to the story in Chapter 12: "The Apothecary"?
(a) Bogdan Dankov.
(b) Kasim Suleimanovic.
(c) Hassan Effendi.
(d) Vuk Sivic.
4. In Chapter 1: "The Coast," the narrator says that "to welcome the newly loosed spirit [of the dead], the living will not clean, will not wash or tidy, will not remove the soul’s belongings for" how many days?
5. Where does Natalia's grandmother tell her that the funeral will be for Natalia's grandfather in Chapter 1: "The Coast"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the zoo's beloved elephant that drops dead in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
2. What Ottoman dish of baked filled pastries made of phyllo dough is described in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
3. The Deathless Man reveals to Natalia's grandfather that the woman he loved was once what, in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
4. How old was Arlo the year before the war started, according to Fra Antun in Chapter 10: "The Crossroads"?
5. Who are the many portraits of that line the monastery and are found throughout the village in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)