|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13: “The River” and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed the fabled wolf of Kolovac, according to the narrator in Chapter 9: "The Bear"?
(a) Barba Ivan.
(b) Vuk Sivic.
(c) Khasim Aga.
(d) Hassan Effendi.
2. What is the name of the giant Welsh rabbit described at the zoo in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
3. Who is implied to be the "mora" that takes the offerings from the crossroads in Chapter 13: "The River"?
(a) Nada Ivan.
(b) Fra Antun.
(d) Barba Ivan.
4. In Chapter 1: "The Coast," the narrator says that "to welcome the newly loosed spirit [of the dead], the living will not clean, will not wash or tidy, will not remove the soul’s belongings for" how many days?
5. In what year does Natalia's grandfather say he met Natalia's grandmother in Chapter 2: "The War"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Natalia's grandfather grow up?
2. What does the tiger at the zoo begin compulsively doing in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
3. Natalia says in Chapter 2: "The War" that six months into the war, her friend Zora develops a taste for cigarettes from what country?
4. How old is Luka when he leaves home to pursue life as a musician in Chapter 7: "The Butcher"?
5. What did Natalia look for but not find among her grandfather's belongings, as described in the Epilogue?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)