|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: “The Crossroads” and Chapter 11: “The Bombing”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What four-o'clock television show does Natalia describe watching with her grandfather for years in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
(b) Allo, Allo!
(c) Wheel of Fortune.
(d) Romanzo Criminale.
2. What is the name of the town butcher in Galina in Chapter 4: "The Tiger"?
3. Where does Fra Antun say the teenage boys were coming home from when they were killed by a land mine in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
(a) Carton City.
4. Natalia says in Chapter 2: "The War" that by the time she was what age, "the ritual of the tigers had become an annoyance"?
5. Natalia's grandfather tells her in Chapter 6: "The Fire," "When men die, they die in fear. They take everything they need from you, and as a doctor it is your job to give it, to comfort them, to hold their hand. But children die how they have been living—in" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Barba Ivan's wife in the novel?
2. In what year does Natalia say "without declaration or warning, German bombs started falling on the city and did not stop for three days" in Chapter 4: "The Tiger"?
3. Who is described by the gossipers of the town as "a thief of music" in Chapter 7: "The Butcher"?
4. For how long does Natalia spend time with Ori before he disappears in Chapter 2: "The War"?
5. Who is the professor of biochemical engineering that failed to put in a good word for Natalia after her suspension?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)