|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: “The Crossroads” and Chapter 11: “The Bombing”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Zora insult in her first year of medical school by saying to him, "Don't be so fucking provincial," according to the narrator in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
(a) Mika the Cleaver.
(b) The Chair of Genetics.
(c) The Dean of the University.
(d) The President of the University.
2. What kind of animal is Bis?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cat.
(c) A tiger.
(d) An elephant.
3. How old was Natalia when she describes the bombings on the city in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
4. Where does Natalia stop for candy on her way back to the orphanage from Zdrevkov in Chapter 8: "The Heart"?
5. As Natalia sits at the orphanage, she can see the lights of what town across the bay in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says in Chapter 9: "The Bear," "That is the truth about Darisa: the man was" what "at heart"?
2. Because of walking out with the nurses on strike, Natalia says that she was given an indefinite suspension from the clinic where in Chapter 1: "The Coast"?
3. What does Natalia respond when her grandfather asks what she might specialize in when she is in medical school in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
4. In what suburb of Sarobor does Natalia's grandfather describe treating some wounded soldiers in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
5. What was the name of Luka's father?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)