|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: “The Diggers” and Chapter 4: “The Tiger”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Natalia says in Chapter 2: "The War" that six months into the war, her friend Zora develops a taste for cigarettes from what country?
2. Where does the tiger find himself at an abandoned market "two blocks up from where my grandfather and my grandma would buy their first apartment fifteen years later," according to Natalia in Chapter 4: "The Tiger"?
3. What river is described by the citadel where the tiger was caged in Chapter 4: "The Tiger"?
(a) The Danube River.
(b) The Nile River.
(c) The Volga River.
(d) The Colorado River.
4. During wartime, the Administration implements a curfew and mandatory lights-out at what time, according to Natalia in Chapter 2: "The War"?
(a) 9:00 p.m.
(b) 11:00 p.m.
(c) 10:00 p.m.
(d) 8:00 p.m.
5. Where did Natalia's grandfather grow up?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take the clinic staff where Natalia's grandfather died to contact Natalia's grandmother and inform her of his death in Chapter 1: "The Coast"?
2. Where does Natalia's grandmother tell her that the funeral will be for Natalia's grandfather in Chapter 1: "The Coast"?
3. What does Natalia's mother teach at the University in Chapter 2: "The War"?
4. How old does Natalia describe herself in her earliest memory of going to the zoo with her grandfather in the novel's Prologue?
5. What is the name of the digger that Natalia follows at the dig site and speaks with in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)