|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: “The Diggers” and Chapter 4: “The Tiger”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Natalia's grandfather his cherished copy of The Jungle Book?
(a) The zookeeper.
(b) The tiger's wife.
(c) The apothecary.
(d) The butcher.
2. What intern does Natalia's grandfather describe as a "brilliant little Hungarian fellow who has paid a lot of money to study at our University, and who doesn’t speak a word of the language" in Chapter 2: "The War"?
(a) Hassan Effendi.
(b) Bogdan Dankov.
(c) Dominic Lazlo.
(d) M. Dobravka.
3. What kind of Balkan brandy is described as sitting about on the floor of Barba Ivan's home in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
4. Who is the Franciscan monk that runs the monastery and is Natalia and Zora's contact in Chapter 1: "The Coast"?
(a) Fra Antun.
(b) Fra Parso.
(c) Dominic Lazlo.
(d) Barba Ivan.
5. What river is described by the citadel where the tiger was caged in Chapter 4: "The Tiger"?
(a) The Colorado River.
(b) The Volga River.
(c) The Nile River.
(d) The Danube River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Natalia's teacher when she is fourteen in Chapter 2: "The War"?
2. The digger that Natalia talks with in Chapter 3: "The Diggers" tells her that he has a cousin buried in the dig site. How long does he say he's been buried there?
3. What is the name of the twenty-one-year-old self-proclaimed gun-runner that Zora begins dating when she is fifteen in Chapter 2: "The War"?
4. What season is it when Natalia describes her earliest memory of going to the zoo with her grandfather in the Prologue?
5. What is the name of the monk's father that hosts Natalia and Zora in his and his wife's home in Chapter 1: "The Coast"?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)