|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: “The Butcher”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from Chapter 6: "The Fire" refers to doctors who specialize in working on the kidney?
2. What word does Fra Antun use to describe a haunt or "a spirit" in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
(a) A hajduk.
(b) A holluschick.
(c) A kotik.
(d) A mora.
3. Who does Natalia say shot himself while trying to reload his gun to shoot the tiger in Chapter 4: "The Tiger"?
(a) The apothecary.
(b) The judge.
(c) The butcher.
(d) The blacksmith.
4. What is the name of the twenty-one-year-old self-proclaimed gun-runner that Zora begins dating when she is fifteen in Chapter 2: "The War"?
5. Who is the man that specializes in producing plastic replicas of human parts and sells them on the black market to dentists, orthopedists, and surgeons during the trade embargo in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
(b) Dominic Lazlo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Luka born?
2. Zora argues with the Italian monk regarding what products that were brought to hand out to the older girls at the orphanage in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
3. What is the name of the merchant's daughter that Luka plans to marry in Chapter 7: "The Butcher"?
4. Who comes to rescue Natalia and Zora when they are detained at the customs border in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
5. What intern does Natalia's grandfather describe as a "brilliant little Hungarian fellow who has paid a lot of money to study at our University, and who doesn’t speak a word of the language" in Chapter 2: "The War"?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)