|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: “The Butcher”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What age does Natalia say she was when took a dive off her bicycle and "bawled through half an hour of treatment via rakija-soaked cloth" to her knees, in Chapter 2: "The War"?
2. Who is the killer of Shere Khan in The Jungle Book, according to the narrator in Chapter 7: "The Butcher"?
3. What location does Natalia describe in Chapter 2: "The War" as "where the gypsies lived, with its wet paper walls, the black smoke of its dungfires"?
(a) Carton City.
4. What intern does Natalia's grandfather describe as a "brilliant little Hungarian fellow who has paid a lot of money to study at our University, and who doesn’t speak a word of the language" in Chapter 2: "The War"?
(a) Bogdan Dankov.
(b) Hassan Effendi.
(c) M. Dobravka.
(d) Dominic Lazlo.
5. Lake Verimovo is described in Chapter 6: "The Fire" as being fed by what river?
(a) The Moldova River.
(b) The Amovarka River.
(c) The Siret River.
(d) The Trotus River.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are the two boys that appear sick and are working along with the diggers in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
2. By what name does Natalia refer to the "obese technical student... who prepared cadavers" at the medical school in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
3. The cannonball that is wedged into the orphanage wall is said to be from what kind of ship in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
4. Natalia says in Chapter 7: "The Butcher," "My grandfather did not know any of these things, but the other villagers knew, without having to talk about it, that Luka was" what?
5. What word from Chapter 6: "The Fire" refers to patronage bestowed or favoritism shown on the basis of family relationship?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)