|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: “The Butcher”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as helping Luka's fiancee escape to be with the man she loves instead of marrying Luka in Chapter 7: "The Butcher"?
(a) The tiger's wife.
(b) The apothecary.
(c) Mother Vera.
(d) Barba Ivan.
2. Where does the tiger find himself at an abandoned market "two blocks up from where my grandfather and my grandma would buy their first apartment fifteen years later," according to Natalia in Chapter 4: "The Tiger"?
3. By what name does Natalia refer to the "obese technical student... who prepared cadavers" at the medical school in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
(a) Mica the Cleaver.
(b) M. Dobravka.
(c) Dure the Doctor.
(d) Dr. Srdjan.
4. What was the name of Luka's mother?
5. What is the name of the digger that is described as a welder to Natalia in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What intern does Natalia's grandfather describe as a "brilliant little Hungarian fellow who has paid a lot of money to study at our University, and who doesn’t speak a word of the language" in Chapter 2: "The War"?
2. How old is the bride that Luka is tricked into marrying in Chapter 7: "The Butcher"?
3. What kind of animal is Bis?
4. Natalia says in Chapter 2: "The War" that by the time she was what age, "the ritual of the tigers had become an annoyance"?
5. What location does Natalia describe in Chapter 2: "The War" as "where the gypsies lived, with its wet paper walls, the black smoke of its dungfires"?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)