|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7: “The Butcher”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the digger's son that Natalia tries to get sent home from the site because he has fever in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
2. In what year does Natalia's grandfather say he met Natalia's grandmother in Chapter 2: "The War"?
3. What is the name of the song that Luka hears on the radio and recognizes as his own in Chapter 7: "The Butcher"?
(a) The Tiger's Wife.
(b) My True Love.
(c) Growing Up Different.
(d) The Enchantress.
4. What animal that was rescued from a circus does Natalia's grandfather take her to see at midnight when she is sixteen in Chapter 2: "The War"?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A chimpanzee.
(c) A cobra.
(d) A sea turtle.
5. Where does Luka go in order to pursue life as a musician in Chapter 7: "The Butcher"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lake Verimovo is described in Chapter 6: "The Fire" as being fed by what river?
2. Who accompanies Luka as he returns from the mountain carrying the fallen blacksmith's gun in the beginning of Chapter 7: "The Butcher"?
3. Where does Fra Antun say the teenage boys were coming home from when they were killed by a land mine in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
4. What is the name of the digger that Natalia follows at the dig site and speaks with in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
5. Who are the many portraits of that line the monastery and are found throughout the village in Chapter 5: "The Orphanage"?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)