|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: “The Crossroads” and Chapter 11: “The Bombing”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Natalia describe her grandfather's summer lake house in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
2. The Deathless Man tells Natalia's grandfather in Chapter 11: "The Bombing," "Believe me, Doctor, if your life ends in suddenness you will be" what?
(a) Glad it did.
(b) Weighted with burden.
(d) Utterly miserable.
3. The Marshall is said to have taken ill while en route to a conference in what city in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
4. In what area near the crossroads does Fra Antun insist that Natalia stay when she insists on staying overnight in Chapter 10: "The Crossroads"?
(a) The cave.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) The vineyard.
(d) The meadow.
5. What does the tiger at the zoo begin compulsively doing in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
(a) Eating itself.
(b) Breaking out of its cage.
(c) Eating its young.
(d) Attacking the zookeepers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Natalia's grandfather his cherished copy of The Jungle Book?
2. Natalia's grandfather tells her in Chapter 6: "The Fire," "When men die, they die in fear. They take everything they need from you, and as a doctor it is your job to give it, to comfort them, to hold their hand. But children die how they have been living—in" what?
3. During the war, Natalia describes a prominent engineer and his family surviving off the carcass of what escaped zoo animal in Chapter 4: "The Tiger"?
4. By what name does Natalia refer to the "obese technical student... who prepared cadavers" at the medical school in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
5. What is the name of the boy that is raised by wolves in The Jungle Book?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)