|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: “The Crossroads” and Chapter 11: “The Bombing”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The digger that Natalia talks with in Chapter 3: "The Diggers" tells her that he has a cousin buried in the dig site. How long does he say he's been buried there?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 16 years.
(d) 50 years.
2. The Marshall is said to have taken ill while en route to a conference in what city in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
3. The Deathless Man tells Natalia's grandfather in Chapter 11: "The Bombing," "Believe me, Doctor, if your life ends in suddenness you will be" what?
(a) Weighted with burden.
(b) Glad it did.
(d) Utterly miserable.
4. What kinds of animals does Fra Antun say come to the crossroads and carry rabies when Natalia insists on staying in Chapter 10: "The Crossroads"?
(b) Wild dogs.
5. Who gave Natalia's grandfather his cherished copy of The Jungle Book?
(a) The butcher.
(b) The apothecary.
(c) The zookeeper.
(d) The tiger's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What four-o'clock television show does Natalia describe watching with her grandfather for years in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
2. Natalia and Zora's skull replicas are taken by customs at the border by what river valley in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
3. Who does Natalia say shot himself while trying to reload his gun to shoot the tiger in Chapter 4: "The Tiger"?
4. What is the name of the midwife that took in Natalia's grandfather when he was orphaned as a child?
5. How old are the two boys that appear sick and are working along with the diggers in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)