|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: “The Crossroads” and Chapter 11: “The Bombing”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Natalia and Zora's skull replicas are taken by customs at the border by what river valley in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
(a) The Buzau River Valley.
(b) The Grava River Valley.
(c) The Veleka River Valley.
(d) The Nile River Valley.
2. How old are the two boys that appear sick and are working along with the diggers in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
(a) About thirteen.
(b) About nine.
(c) About fourteen.
(d) About six.
3. What is the response that Natalia gives her grandfather when he asks why she wanted to become a doctor in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
(a) Because I want to make money.
(b) Because I don't know what else to be.
(c) Because of job security.
(d) Because it's the right thing to do.
4. In what year does Natalia say "without declaration or warning, German bombs started falling on the city and did not stop for three days" in Chapter 4: "The Tiger"?
5. What is the name of the giant Welsh rabbit described at the zoo in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountain is described by the dig site in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
2. In what suburb of Sarobor does Natalia's grandfather describe treating some wounded soldiers in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
3. Who gave Natalia's grandfather his cherished copy of The Jungle Book?
4. The narrator in Chapter 6: "The Fire" describes the City's greatest doctors convening on the patio of what restaurant in Old Town every Sunday afternoon, even during the war?
5. Where was Natalia's mother raised?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)