|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: “The Crossroads” and Chapter 11: “The Bombing”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Marshall is said to have taken ill while en route to a conference in what city in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
2. Where does Natalia describe her grandfather's summer lake house in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
3. What is the name of the midwife that took in Natalia's grandfather when he was orphaned as a child?
(a) Fra Antun.
(b) M. Dobravka.
(c) Mother Vera.
(d) Nada Ivan.
4. How old are the two boys that appear sick and are working along with the diggers in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
(a) About nine.
(b) About six.
(c) About fourteen.
(d) About thirteen.
5. What does the tiger at the zoo begin compulsively doing in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
(a) Eating itself.
(b) Breaking out of its cage.
(c) Attacking the zookeepers.
(d) Eating its young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the digger that is described as a welder to Natalia in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
2. The Deathless Man tells Natalia's grandfather in Chapter 11: "The Bombing," "Believe me, Doctor, if your life ends in suddenness you will be" what?
3. Where was Arlo's body found after he was killed?
4. Who does Zora insult in her first year of medical school by saying to him, "Don't be so fucking provincial," according to the narrator in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
5. What word from Chapter 6: "The Fire" refers to doctors who specialize in working on the kidney?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)