|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10: “The Crossroads” and Chapter 11: “The Bombing”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to rescue Natalia and Zora when they are detained at the customs border in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
(a) Zora's father.
(b) Natalia's mother.
(c) Natalia's grandfather.
(d) Zora's grandfather.
2. During the war, Natalia describes a prominent engineer and his family surviving off the carcass of what escaped zoo animal in Chapter 4: "The Tiger"?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A lion.
(c) A zebra.
(d) A bear.
3. What is the name of the digger that Natalia follows at the dig site and speaks with in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
4. In what suburb of Sarobor does Natalia's grandfather describe treating some wounded soldiers in Chapter 11: "The Bombing"?
5. The skull replicas that Natalia and Zora travel to buy on the black market during medical school are described as replicas of a magician from the 1940s named what?
(a) The Magical and Extraordinary Dubi.
(b) The Great Branko.
(c) The Magnificent Fedrizzi.
(d) The Masterful Ori.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Natalia's grandfather his cherished copy of The Jungle Book?
2. What is the name of the digger's son that Natalia tries to get sent home from the site because he has fever in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
3. How old are the two boys that appear sick and are working along with the diggers in Chapter 3: "The Diggers"?
4. What does Natalia say caused the fire in Chapter 6: "The Fire"?
5. Lake Verimovo is described in Chapter 6: "The Fire" as being fed by what river?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)