Prologue and Chapter 1: “The Coast”
1. How old does Natalia describe herself in her earliest memory of going to the zoo with her grandfather in the novel's Prologue?
(a) 2 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 6 years old.
(d) 4 years old.
2. What season is it when Natalia describes her earliest memory of going to the zoo with her grandfather in the Prologue?
3. What book does Natalia describe as always being in her grandfather's breast pocket in the Prologue?
(a) The Jungle Book.
(b) Aesop's Fables.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The Stranger.
4. In Chapter 1: "The Coast," the narrator says that "to welcome the newly loosed spirit [of the dead], the living will not clean, will not wash or tidy, will not remove the soul’s belongings for" how many days?
5. What is the name of the town where Natalia's grandfather has died in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 4,846 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)