|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drove the car on the way home from the county fair?
2. What did Edith spend the money Lyman sent her on?
(b) Her father's funeral.
(c) Nothing - she saved it.
(d) A new automobile.
3. What did Leona announce in 1952?
(a) That she had cancer.
(b) That she was pregnant.
(c) That she was moving to Denver.
(d) That she would remarry.
4. In what year did Lyman return home?
5. Why did Sandy sell off some land in 1952?
(a) To pay for a house for his mother.
(b) To build a new barn.
(c) To pay off his gambling debts.
(d) To pay for his wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Buster and Barry's surname?
2. How old was Sandy in Chapter 8?
3. What was Mavis' maiden name?
4. Who was Clevis?
5. Toward the end of Chapter 9, who did Mavis say she was worried about?
Short Essay Questions
1. When, where, and how did John die?
2. In spite of his objections, what did Sandy do for his mother when she decided to remarry?
3. Why does Sandy say he is not proud of the decade that followed his mother's remarriage?
4. On the night of Lyman's return, what did he bring out from his suitcases?
5. Who did John arrange to lease the Goodnough land, and why?
6. When Mavis decided it was time to get married, what did she tell Sandy to do?
7. What worried Sandy about Mavis' first pregnancy?
8. What story does Sandy tell about the Wellrights?
9. What did Mavis say about Edith and Lyman while on the Ferris Wheel?
10. Who were Clevis Stouffer and Twyla Thompson?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)