|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sandy say Lyman always dressed in after returning home?
(a) Construction boots.
(b) Slacks and a tie.
(c) A housecoat.
(d) A winter coat.
2. Why did Sandy sell off some land in 1952?
(a) To pay for a house for his mother.
(b) To pay for his wedding.
(c) To build a new barn.
(d) To pay off his gambling debts.
3. What did Twyla tell Sandy and Clevis one night after a party?
(a) That she was pregnant.
(b) That she was moving to Denver.
(c) That she killed a man.
(d) That she was dying.
4. In which month did the Holt County Fair take place?
5. What happened to Mavis following the car accident?
(a) Mavis quit her job.
(b) Mavis delivered her baby.
(c) Mavis had to have physical therapy.
(d) Mavis was hospitalized for two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lyman say he missed most while he was away?
2. What was Mavis' maiden name?
3. In what year did Lyman return home?
4. How did Sandy feel about returning to college again after his fourth year?
5. What did Mavis and Edith tease Lyman about at the fair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were Clevis Stouffer and Twyla Thompson?
2. When Mavis decided it was time to get married, what did she tell Sandy to do?
3. Why does Sandy say he is not proud of the decade that followed his mother's remarriage?
4. What was Sandy's educational standing at the end of his fourth year of college?
5. In spite of his objections, what did Sandy do for his mother when she decided to remarry?
6. What does Sandy say about his and Mavis' personalities?
7. What did Edith tell Sandy she was looking forward to towards the end of Chapter 9?
8. On the night of Lyman's return, what did he bring out from his suitcases?
9. How did Edith and Sandy feel about Lyman's return in 1961?
10. What did Edith tell Lyman about the money she saved?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)