|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Clevis left, which city did Sandy take Twyla to?
(c) Fort Collins.
(d) Colorado Springs.
2. What was the name of the bridge that marked where Sandy, Mavis, Edith, and Lyman got into a car accident?
(a) The Red Covered Bridge.
(b) Five Mile Bridge.
(c) The Tiny Brook Bridge.
(d) The Hold Bridge.
3. How much money did Sandy give to Twyla?
(a) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(b) Five thousand dollars.
(c) One thousand dollars.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
4. Where did Clevis run away to after hearing Twyla's news?
5. In what year did Lyman return home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sandy raise money for Twyla?
2. What did Edith say she and Lyman could do with the money she saved?
3. In which month did the Holt County Fair take place?
4. What gift did Lyman give Sandy in Chapter 9?
5. After Lyman returned home, what did he and Edith do some work on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did John arrange to lease the Goodnough land, and why?
2. What did Leona announce in 1952?
3. Who were Clevis Stouffer and Twyla Thompson?
4. What did Edith tell Lyman about the money she saved?
5. In spite of his objections, what did Sandy do for his mother when she decided to remarry?
6. After Roy's death, what did Edith decorate her house with?
7. What activities were Sandy, Mavis, Edith, and Lyman said to often do together?
8. How did Edith and Sandy feel about Lyman's return in 1961?
9. What story does Sandy tell about the Wellrights?
10. When, where, and how did John die?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)