|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sandy smell when he got out of the car after the accident?
2. What condition was Lyman in after the car accident?
(d) Perfectly fine.
3. Why did Sandy sell off some land in 1952?
(a) To pay for his wedding.
(b) To build a new barn.
(c) To pay for a house for his mother.
(d) To pay off his gambling debts.
4. After Lyman returned home, what did he and Edith do some work on?
(a) The old farm house.
(b) Their property's fencing.
(c) The farm's landscaping.
(d) Their farm equipment.
5. What did Mavis want to see at the county fair?
(a) The rodeo.
(b) The horse race.
(c) The parade.
(d) The talent show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toward the end of Chapter 9, what did Edith say she was looking forward to?
2. What did John die of?
3. What injury did Edith get in the car accident?
4. How did Sandy raise money for Twyla?
5. How did Edith feel about Lyman's return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sandy fear would happen if Mavis held her baby?
2. On the night of Lyman's return, what did he bring out from his suitcases?
3. What story does Sandy tell about the Wellrights?
4. What was Sandy's educational standing at the end of his fourth year of college?
5. What does Sandy say about his and Mavis' personalities?
6. When, where, and how did John die?
7. What did Leona announce in 1952?
8. What did Mavis say about Edith and Lyman while on the Ferris Wheel?
9. What did Mavis and Edith tease Lyman about at the county fair?
10. Why does Sandy say he is not proud of the decade that followed his mother's remarriage?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)