|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sandy smell when he got out of the car after the accident?
2. Who was with Sandy as he buried his father?
3. How did Roy die?
(a) Roy died in his sleep.
(b) Lyman smothered Roy.
(c) Roy choked on food.
(d) Edith poisoned Roy.
4. What were John and Sandy doing when John died?
(a) Harvesting grain.
(b) Planting crops.
(c) Feeding the cows.
(d) Rounding up cattle.
5. How did Sandy say he could ask Mavis' father for permission to marry?
(a) By calling him.
(b) By sending a postcard.
(c) By sending a telegram.
(d) By writing a ransom letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandy say Mavis dislikes about his personality?
2. What was the name of the bridge that marked where Sandy, Mavis, Edith, and Lyman got into a car accident?
3. What ride did Mavis, Sandy, Lyman, and Edith ride at the fair?
4. What did Edith spend the money Lyman sent her on?
5. What did John die of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sandy fear would happen if Mavis held her baby?
2. What worried Sandy about Mavis' first pregnancy?
3. What did Edith tell Lyman about the money she saved?
4. Why does Sandy say he is not proud of the decade that followed his mother's remarriage?
5. How did Edith and Sandy feel about Lyman's return in 1961?
6. Who did John arrange to lease the Goodnough land, and why?
7. What did Edith tell Sandy she was looking forward to towards the end of Chapter 9?
8. When, where, and how did John die?
9. When Mavis decided it was time to get married, what did she tell Sandy to do?
10. After Roy's death, what did Edith decorate her house with?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)