|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Sandy born?
2. After Roy's accident, what did John send Roy's son to do?
(a) Get John's truck.
(b) Get a first aid kit.
(c) Call an ambulance.
(d) Find Roy's fingers.
3. What did Roy hate about harvest time?
(a) The labor was back-breaking.
(b) It was when town was overrun with tourists.
(c) He and his children couldn't do it on their own.
(d) Harvest time meant winter was coming.
4. When Roy and Ada first arrived at their land, where did Ada live?
(a) With Hannah Roscoe.
(b) In a cabin.
(c) In a lean-to.
(d) In a hotel.
5. In Chapter 4, what was Edith putting in the bowl into which Roy dropped something?
(b) Cut apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the man who approaches Sandy in Chapter 1 say he is from?
2. What is Roy thought to have seen fliers advertising?
3. In Chapter 3, what did Roy berate his son over?
4. Who is said to have visited the local tavern in Chapter 5?
5. What does Sandy note that the man who approaches him can't figure out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did John and Sandy take Lyman to the train station in Chapter 6?
2. What did Wenzel Gerdts tell John about Lyman?
3. What does Sandy say was unique about how Lyman ran the Goodnoughs' farm?
4. Where did Lyman go after leaving Holt?
5. How did Ada and Roy come to live in Colorado?
6. How is Roy Goodnough described in the first three chapters of the book?
7. How did Lyman stay in touch with Edith after leaving her behind on the farm?
8. What did the doctor do to help Roy, and what was the lasting effect of his accident?
9. Why did Edith decide not to marry John?
10. How did Ada and Hannah become friends?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)