|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did John see when he ordered Sandy to stop the truck in Chapter 6?
(a) Roy shuffling down the road.
(b) A cow giving birth in a field.
(c) A barn on fire.
(d) Edith driving a tractor.
2. What is the man wearing who approaches Sandy in Chapter 1?
(a) Yellow boots.
(b) Yellow pants.
(c) A yellow bow tie.
(d) A yellow raincoat.
3. Which grade did Roy and Ada's children never get past?
(a) Tenth grade.
(b) Eighth grade.
(c) Seventh grade.
(d) Fifth grade.
4. Who did Roy refer to when he spoke about 'the kid'?
(c) His son.
5. In Chapter 4, what was Edith putting in the bowl into which Roy dropped something?
(b) Cut apples.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Sandy was born, what did Leona believe about herself?
2. What was the name of the local hardware store?
3. What kind of company did Lyman find a job working at after leaving the farm?
4. Where is Sandy working at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What did Roy hate about harvest time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Edith keep gum in her apron pockets?
2. How did Lyman stay in touch with Edith after leaving her behind on the farm?
3. Why does Sandy think Roy chose the plot of land that he did?
4. Who did John meet and marry after Edith refused his proposal?
5. What does the reporter ask Sandy, which prompts Sandy to kick him off his land?
6. Why did Edith decide not to marry John?
7. What happened to Ada in 1914, and how did Roy seem to feel about it?
8. What did Wenzel Gerdts tell John about Lyman?
9. What does Sandy say about the article that the Denver Post publishes?
10. How did Ada and Roy come to live in Colorado?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)