|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months pregnant was Mavis when the car accident happened?
(a) Three months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Nine months.
(d) Five months.
2. In which month did the Holt County Fair take place?
3. What body part was either Buster or Barry missing?
(a) An eye.
(b) A finger.
(c) A leg.
(d) An ear.
4. How did Roy die?
(a) Roy died in his sleep.
(b) Edith poisoned Roy.
(c) Lyman smothered Roy.
(d) Roy choked on food.
5. When did Mavis decide it was time for her and Sandy to marry?
6. What did Sandy need to return to school to study in order to complete his degree?
7. What appliance did Lyman and Edith purchase?
(a) An oven.
(b) A dishwasher.
(c) A refrigerator.
(d) An air conditioner.
8. What did Sandy plan to see at the county fair?
(a) The rodeo.
(b) The livestock show.
(c) The horse race.
(d) The country music jamboree.
9. How did Sandy raise money for Twyla?
(a) By borrowing from his mother.
(b) By selling land.
(c) By selling his truck.
(d) By working at a bar.
10. What gift did Lyman give Sandy in Chapter 9?
(a) A pen.
(b) An ashtray.
(c) A snow globe.
(d) A shoehorn.
11. What were John and Sandy doing when John died?
(a) Planting crops.
(b) Harvesting grain.
(c) Rounding up cattle.
(d) Feeding the cows.
12. Why did Sandy sell off some land in 1952?
(a) To pay for his wedding.
(b) To build a new barn.
(c) To pay off his gambling debts.
(d) To pay for a house for his mother.
13. What did Wilbur Cox do for a living?
(a) Wilbur was a dentist.
(b) Wilbur was a farmer.
(c) Wilbur sold insurance.
(d) Wilbur ran a bar.
14. In what year did Mavis get pregnant for the first time?
15. What did Mavis want to see at the county fair?
(a) The parade.
(b) The rodeo.
(c) The horse race.
(d) The talent show.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Sandy say the happiness continued after Lyman's return home?
2. What did Edith hang on the wall after her father's death?
3. What was Clevis' surname?
4. What did Lyman say he missed most while he was away?
5. In what year did Lyman return home?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)