|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Edith hang on the wall after her father's death?
(a) Paintings she had created.
(b) Her postcards from Lyman.
(c) Newspaper clippings.
(d) Her mother's portrait.
2. What did Mavis say Edith and Lyman looked like?
(a) A couple of kids.
(c) An elderly couple.
(d) A newlywed couple.
3. How long does Sandy say the happiness continued after Lyman's return home?
(a) Thirteen years.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Three years.
4. What does Mavis do for a living?
(a) Mavis is a teacher.
(b) Mavis is a nurse.
(c) Mavis is a hair dresser.
(d) Mavis is a bank teller.
5. What did Twyla tell Sandy and Clevis one night after a party?
(a) That she killed a man.
(b) That she was dying.
(c) That she was pregnant.
(d) That she was moving to Denver.
6. What was the name of the bridge that marked where Sandy, Mavis, Edith, and Lyman got into a car accident?
(a) Five Mile Bridge.
(b) The Hold Bridge.
(c) The Tiny Brook Bridge.
(d) The Red Covered Bridge.
7. What did Mavis want to see at the county fair?
(a) The talent show.
(b) The horse race.
(c) The parade.
(d) The rodeo.
8. What injury did Edith get in the car accident?
(a) Edith broke her arm.
(b) Edith dislocated a shoulder.
(c) Edith had internal bleeding.
(d) Edith punctured a lung.
9. How did Sandy feel about his mother's announcement in 1952?
10. What was Clevis' surname?
11. What city was the gift from that Lyman gave Sandy?
12. What condition was Lyman in after the car accident?
(a) Perfectly fine.
13. In which month did the Holt County Fair take place?
14. How did Sandy say he could ask Mavis' father for permission to marry?
(a) By sending a postcard.
(b) By writing a ransom letter.
(c) By sending a telegram.
(d) By calling him.
15. How old was Mavis during her first pregnancy?
(a) Thirty-seven years old.
(b) Thirty-three years old.
(c) Thirty-five years old.
(d) Thirty years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Edith spend the money Lyman sent her on?
2. After John's death, what did Sandy and Leona disagree about?
3. In what year did Lyman return home?
4. What does Sandy say Mavis dislikes about his personality?
5. What did Wilbur Cox do for a living?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)