|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sandy feel about his mother's announcement in 1952?
2. What does Sandy say Lyman always dressed in after returning home?
(a) Slacks and a tie.
(b) A housecoat.
(c) A winter coat.
(d) Construction boots.
3. Who was with Sandy as he buried his father?
4. How did Roy die?
(a) Edith poisoned Roy.
(b) Lyman smothered Roy.
(c) Roy died in his sleep.
(d) Roy choked on food.
5. Which doctor was John taken to after his death?
(a) Dr. Parker.
(b) Dr. Dunn.
(c) Dr. Hampstead.
(d) Dr. Schmidt.
6. What does Sandy say he wishes Mavis had?
(a) A sweet voice.
(b) Distrust for strangers.
(c) A sense of humor.
(d) An ear for music.
7. Why didn't John lease the Goodnough land?
(a) Roy was offered more money by someone else.
(b) Roy wouldn't allow it.
(c) John knew the land was useless for farming.
(d) John didn't have enough money.
8. What did Mavis say Edith and Lyman looked like?
(a) A newlywed couple.
(b) An elderly couple.
(c) A couple of kids.
9. What did Wilbur do to make Sandy think he was weak?
(a) Wilbur often visited his doctor.
(b) Wilbur couldn't drink much.
(c) Wilbur sweated a lot.
(d) Wilbur shook hands using two hands.
10. What game did Sandy, Mavis, Edith, and Lyman often play together?
11. In what month did John die?
12. How did Sandy raise money for Twyla?
(a) By selling his truck.
(b) By selling land.
(c) By working at a bar.
(d) By borrowing from his mother.
13. What gift did Lyman give Sandy in Chapter 9?
(a) An ashtray.
(b) A shoehorn.
(c) A pen.
(d) A snow globe.
14. Who drove the car on the way home from the county fair?
15. When did Mavis decide it was time for her and Sandy to marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Clevis?
2. What did Sandy smell when he got out of the car after the accident?
3. What appliance did Lyman and Edith purchase?
4. Toward the end of Chapter 9, what did Edith say she was looking forward to?
5. Where did Sandy, Mavis, Edith, and Lyman sometimes go for drinks and dancing?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)