|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Sandy was born, what did Leona believe about herself?
(a) She couldn't have children.
(b) She would be a bad mother.
(c) She would have ugly children.
(d) She would only give birth to girls.
2. Where did John tell Sandy about his courtship with Edith?
(a) By a river.
(b) At a diner.
(c) On a dirt road.
(d) While working in the barn.
3. Who is said to have visited the local tavern in Chapter 5?
4. What does the reporter take from his back pocket in Chapter 1?
(a) A photograph.
(b) His wallet.
(c) A set of keys.
(d) A spiral notebook.
5. In which city did Lyman find a job after leaving the farm?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
6. What does Sandy say is true of all farm families?
(a) They work hard.
(b) They are always well-fed.
(c) They are close-knit.
(d) They know how to save money.
7. Where did Roy Goodnough and Ada Twamley get married?
8. What does Sandy correct the reporter about in Chapter 1?
(a) The time of day.
(b) The pronunciation of a name.
(c) The breed of his horse.
(d) The value of his property.
9. What is Roy thought to have seen fliers advertising?
(a) Films about cowboys in the Wild West.
(b) The chance to homestead in Colorado.
(c) Holiday resorts in the mountains.
(d) Free cattle for farmers.
10. How did Edith feel when John proposed to her?
11. Where does the man who approaches Sandy in Chapter 1 say he is from?
(a) The Denver Daily.
(b) The Colorado Times.
(c) The Denver Post.
(d) The Colorado Express.
12. In what year did Leona and John get married?
13. Why did Lyman ask John for a ride to town in Chapter 6?
(a) So Lyman could catch a train.
(b) So Lyman could call on the midwife.
(c) So Lyman could shop for a new suit.
(d) So Lyman could go drinking.
14. Who carried Roy's digits to town?
(c) Roy's son.
15. What brand of automobile did Lyman favor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sandy's surname?
2. What is the name of the doctor who treated Roy?
3. What was Leona's surname?
4. In what year was Sandy born?
5. How many years are said to have passed without anything of note happening to the Goodnoughs?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)