|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Sandy was born, what did Leona believe about herself?
(a) She would be a bad mother.
(b) She would have ugly children.
(c) She couldn't have children.
(d) She would only give birth to girls.
2. Who did Edith send Roy to see in Chapter 4?
(a) A real estate agent.
(b) The local church minister.
(d) Dr. Parker.
3. In what year did Mavis get pregnant for the first time?
4. What did Leona announce in 1952?
(a) That she would remarry.
(b) That she had cancer.
(c) That she was pregnant.
(d) That she was moving to Denver.
5. What did Mavis and Edith tease Lyman about at the fair?
(a) Choosing rodeo winners.
(b) Dropping his popcorn on the ground.
(c) Being scared of the rides.
(d) Wearing mismatched shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leased the Goodnough land?
2. When Roy and Ada first arrived at their land, what was Roy's first order of business?
3. How many months pregnant was Mavis when the car accident happened?
4. Where did Sandy, Mavis, Edith, and Lyman sometimes go for drinks and dancing?
5. What was Mavis' maiden name?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)